• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllGamer

DKo5 said:
2i9gphc.jpg

Steam purchases:
Crysis Warhead + Wars
Super id Software Pack

Damn, the only steam games I have are CS 1.6 and CS:S xD

decon

20092008191.jpg

Just got it, downloaded it off the web a few days ago though, couldn't wait. What's up with the rumors on crap quality?

Garcian

Nothing too exciting game-wise; re-bought SH2 as I missed it -

games.jpg

Couple of DVDs -

dvds.jpg

My new axes - Fender 60s Classic Player (MIM) & an Epiphone Masterbilt AJ500M - both fantastic guitars & bargains for the price they go for -

gits.jpg

Yes Boss!

Garcian said:
It's one of those films that I've heard so much about, but have yet to see - I guess curiosity got the better of me.

Well, if you are into Pasolini it is great. Criterion has certainly done a bang-up job on the new transfer. I know there is a BBC blu-ray out there and it is on the schedule to be released as a Criterion Blu-ray next year.

Rufus

decon said:
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z203/decon89/20092008191.jpg

Just got it, downloaded it off the web a few days ago though, couldn't wait. What's up with the rumors on crap quality?
So you heard it and still bought it afterwards? Man...
About the sound quality. The CD release is compressed to all hell like most major releases are these days, so it's not a rumour at all. This article goes into more detail:
http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/does-metallicas.html

Struct09

Rufus said:
So you heard it and still bought it afterwards? Man...
About the sound quality. The CD release is compressed to all hell like most major releases are these days, so it's not a rumour at all. This article goes into more detail:
http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/does-metallicas.html

What? It's a good album.

Anyway, here's a comparison of the CD version vs the GH3 version. I'm no audiophile, and I still listen to my CD copy, but there's definitely a noticeable difference.

Tenbatsu

Netto-kun said:
SSL21082.jpg

- Famitsu
- Olivia Lufkin's new mini-album: TrinkaTrinka (what in the world is TrinkaTrinka?:lol)

Debating whether or not to pick up Dizastaaaaah for the next week.
!!!!!! I am using this pic for my MH3 thread!!! Thanks!!!:D

CAVE343

jaydogg691 said:
Where'd you get the iPhone case? Looks very nice.

Mutagenic said:
Heh, was wondering the same thing.

EDIT: Found it. http://store.apple.com/us/product/TQ298LL/A?n=iphone2&fnode=MTY1NDA0NA&mco=MzUwNzc2

Apparently some dude said it was scratching the edges of his phone, who knows.

Yup that the one. Well I don't know what that guy is doing with his phone but the case sure doesn't scrath the phone. The upper part is open, so if you throw around your phone then ofcourse it will scratch, but I tend to be more carefull with my things. Overall its a very nice, and it doesnt make your phone feel bulky like other cases.

Rufus

Struct09 said:
What? It's a good album.
Well, I disagree. Strongly. But this is not the place to debate that. So I'll leave it at that.

MattyH said:
i so want to get one of those
do they work on 360?
eBay: sega usb. They've gotten more expensive though. But they offer more colours now. (Black, grey, and the white ones you see here.)
No, PC/MAC/PS3 only.

Chorazin

decon said:
20092008191.jpg

They aren't rumors. The album sounds like a Metallica cover band that figured they could write original material. Just a boring, boring album.

wotter

New laptop (Toshiba):
LAPTOP.jpg

5.1 system (from August, forgot to post it here):
Yamaha RX-V663 (HDMI->PS3)
Center Yamaha NS-C125
Front: Yamaha NS-225F
Back: Yamaha NS-M225
Sub: Yamaha SW325
HPIM2812.jpg

Chorazin said:
They aren't rumors. The album sounds like a Metallica cover band that figured they could write original material. Just a boring, boring album.

He meant the audio fidelity, not the music itself. Check a few posts up, and you'll see all the stuff about the shitty mix.

And I can't disagree more...it's my favorite album since AJFA. I stop there though, as I don't think it's better than anything they produced in the 80's.

But certainly better than anything they put out in the last two decades, perhaps sans the black album. I haven't decided which I like better, yet.

I thought my fairly expensive stereo set-up had gone awry when I listened to the new Metallica record, the compression and clipping is absolutely horrible. It sounds better on my Nano, seriously.

Struct09

Opus Angelorum said:
I thought my fairly expensive stereo set-up had gone awry when I listened to the new Metallica record, the compression and clipping is absolutely horrible. It sounds better on my Nano, seriously.

Yeah, that's probably why it doesn't bother me so much. I listen to all my music on an iPod Nano with some cheap Sony headphones.

Guled

IMG_0113.jpg

got spore for free with my laptop
steam.jpg

Its way 2 easy to buy shit on steam
IMG_0108.jpg

I also got a gaming laptop
IMG_0109.jpg

Arcade unit + the 2 games for 200$ all new

very expensive month for me :D

2z8nk1j.jpg

MAD SAVING SKILLAZ!

Traded in a bunch of old movies, games, and audio CD's - got $122 cash.

Mercs 2 - $39.99
Kane & Lynch - $9.98
The Brave One - $11.99
Speed Racer - $2.99 after Reward Zone coupons

firen

Chorazin said:

Nah, album aint boring. I heard the audio quality sucked though.

Recent pick-ups:

*My Totoro (dark grey one) has a new friend:
IMG_1519.jpg

*Games & Controller were half-price & mini FFIV figure is Cid
IMG_1518.jpg

*Kingdom Hearts Series poster:
IMG_1521.jpg

**Not pictured: Resistance 2 beta code

Hitmeneer

marwan said:
that's a cool looking mouse, which ones is it? and is it wired or wireless?

It's the Microsoft Habu mouse (MS worked with Razer on this one, actually) and it's wired.

I really like it. It is the biggest mouse I could find at the time, so that's why I bought it. I still love it, especially the on the fly DPI changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom