• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix 2 |OT| The lost levels.

Penguin

Seems like it won't be up until tomorrow for NoA

If you go to the eShop, they are REALLY pumping the game.

And says available for download 4/25 at 9am PST

Jucksalbe

Banned
Metroid is unlocked at
stars. I guess I play one or two stages of that and then that's enough for today for me as well.

Kouriozan

i thought year of luigi was done and still i see him drop in in my kirby fights!
Weegee is everywhere.

weegee

NeoRausch

and my lacking knowledge about Lost Levels bites me in the ass once again!

edit:

remix 1-15 was something special! As if
Birdo wasn't enough! No he's invisible!!
Was easier then i thought tough.

doofy102

Does this game spoil boss strategies in Punch Out much? I've made it to the second password in the actual game, would like to go in blind.

NeoRausch

Does this game spoil boss strategies in Punch Out much? I've made it to the second password in the actual game, would like to go in blind.

Haven played only a few Punch Out!! games for now but they pretty much teach you how to destroy thoses enemies in the early levels. No Idea about later bosses, though.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
It's amazing what Koichi Hayashida of EAD Tokyo did for this game. The director and lead programmer EAD Tokyo, developed 100 stages by himself before Nintendo added 3 more EAD Tokyo staff members, and hired Indies Zero to help finish the game.

Did I mention Hayashida was co-directing Super Mario 3D World a midst all this madness?

daydream

Banned
nope nope nope.
can't wrap my head around this game.

I think the mechanics are fine and definitely interesting, but once the screen is filled with monsters, managing objects becomes a bit of a hassle.

Edit: Alright, WW, maybe we won't be friends, but I guess I can say 'hi' if I pass by you in the hallway.

It's amazing what Koichi Hayashida of EAD Tokyo did for this game. The director and lead programmer EAD Tokyo, developed 100 stages by himself before Nintendo added 3 more EAD Tokyo staff members, and hired Indies Zero to help finish the game.

Did I mention Hayashida was co-directing Super Mario 3D World a midst all this madness?

Hayashida is quickly becoming on of my favourites at Nintendo.

AdanVC

That's just amazing. Talk about huge talent. Much respect for this man and hope he directs the new 3D Mario game because the ones he has been directed have been EPIC. (Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World)

daydream

Banned
I have to crack that top 10 before Europe wakes up. I always get nervous once I'm at Dr. Mario, though. :(

Chill instead of Fever would have helped, I think.

daydream

Banned
yo whaddup

oImoUhg.jpg

Stamp didn't unlock, though, what gives? Never mind, I got it. Yay!

Also three-star'd the initial five games. Good first session. Game is just as addictive and fun as ever.

oatmeal

Banned
The Nintendo World Championships...won't it be impossible to crack top 10 after awhile when the crazed power gamers rack up insane scores?

vanty

Just played for about an hour. Big improvement over the first game, and not all just because of the quality of the games included. Just little things like Miiverse posts now having context instead of being all lumped together not knowing what game or stage they're about. Weird that you can't simply comment on posts that appear in game, you need to Yeah them then launch Miiverse and find it in your Yeahs given. I can't remember if that was the same in the first game.

But wow wtf Wario Woods. I couldn't even figure out the second stage ahah. The tutorial it begins with is useless.

Robin64

The Nintendo World Championships...won't it be impossible to crack top 10 after awhile when the crazed power gamers rack up insane scores?

It's only friends, right? I mean, when I posted, I was literally the only one on there aside from some ingame scores from Nintendo.

Richie

Cannot wait for this, lucky Yuropeans! The first game was virtual drug for me, and the selection is much better this time. That said, NES Remix made me love playing games that I'd never bother with in their original incarnations. I'd never buy the likes of DK Jr. and Pinball by themselves (much less for the $5-a-pop Ninty asks for...in the former's case, it's more than a buck per level!), but with the NES Remix treatment, they were really addictive to play through.

I see people disliking Wario's Woods a ton. I must be in the minority, because I find that game fun as hell (got the U version on its own, it's a blast!) and yet, I find myself really unimpressed by Dr. Mario (which I also have thanks to a promotion involving Dr. Luigi, which I now regret taking place in). But hey, maybe this game will did for the Doc what NES Remix did for DK's son.

Soodanim

Gold Member
I was unsure about NHS Remix 1. The trailer never sold it to me. But I'm going to have to just go ahead and buy both.

Robin64

Two little things.

Firstly, I couldn't access the ingame Championship leaderboard this morning. Going into Championship Mode only gave me the option of playing, while showing my high score underneath. Very odd.

Secondly, the way it auto-posts Championship scores to Miiverse seems like it might get a bit spammy, especially for those just trying to read through that Community.

I was unsure about NHS Remix 1. The trailer never sold it to me. But I'm going to have to just go ahead and buy both.

"Try and book an appointment with your doctor!"
"Break your leg and get rushed into A&E!"
"Spend five hours in a waiting room!"
"Get lost in the hospital!"

Sorry, I had to.

Kouriozan

yo whaddup

oImoUhg.jpg

Stamp didn't unlock, though, what gives? Never mind, I got it. Yay!

Also three-star'd the initial five games. Good first session. Game is just as addictive and fun as ever.
Hey nice!
Like Robin, I couldn't look at the leaderboard after quiting the game.

mclem

1 = ~400MB
2 = ~230MB.

I'm intrigued by the fact that the second game is significantly smaller. While it has fewer games, they are larger games; while the actual increase in ROM data size is negligible, that leads to them having more scope for creating challenges. Plus there's the extra modes. Being around half the size doesn't add up. Better compression?

Robin64

I'm intrigued by the fact that the second game is significantly smaller. While it has fewer games, they are larger games; while the actual increase in ROM data size is negligible, that leads to them having more scope for creating challenges. Plus there's the extra modes. Being around half the size doesn't add up. Better compression?

Are the demo videos in the first game actual video? Honestly can't remember. But the second one doesn't have those.

It has something far worse.

Top Bottom