• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix 2 |OT| The lost levels.

NeoRausch

Ceiling Luigi is watching you.....retrobate!

edit:

i KNEW that this would be the last Zelda II Challenge!!

"Defeat Shadow Link!"

Robin64

Urgh. So jealous. Stuck at work right now and really want to play.

It helps that every game is awesome this time (except for Wario's Woods, which is maybe Nintendo's worst ever game)

NeoRausch

that's some devious, mean spirited shit right here!

zlCfzR2NV2ofxipd-j

i love it!

NeoRausch

Playing this and Trials Fusion at the same time......

Replays that show the button inputs are the best!
+1 for nintendo for emulating the D-Pad nd Button-Sounds. Well done!

Robin64

I don't think the Championship score submission was working properly last night. Two things make me say that.

Firstly, I am not seeing myself on any scoreboard images people post on Miiverse. There are a few where I should be (around 10th).

Secondly, not seeing any more "spam" on Miiverse in the format of "[SuperMarioBros=xxxx]+[SuperMarioBros3=xxxx]" etc. Think it may have been erroneously posting as text rather than whatever format the scoreboard needs to be a submission.

So, going to try and beat my score at lunch and see what happens.

Jucksalbe

Banned
I suck at all the Punch-Out challenges that have you beat an opponent as fast as possible. I always get two stars at those.

daydream

Banned
Do they reset daily? Has a day rolled over in Europe since release?

Nope, still the first day. But yeah, it's a mystery how the leaderboards work. When I posted my picture, I was of the impression that it was a global leaderboard, because a) the game showed a full top 100 and b) Jucksalbe's and Robin's (10th place) scores were on there.

I guess we'll find out eventually how they work (or if they aren't working properly right now).

Oh no, I haven't even finished NES Remix 1. Its so fun but I have to actively battle myself to avoid binging on it. I hope there is a good bit of multiplayer content this time.

Robin64

I would wager they are split by the three Miiverse regions, given it uses that as the backend.

I thought maybe you were in America and that's why, but you should be sharing the same Miiverse as us Europeans given you are Australia.

Back to being baffled.

Edit: Here's another shot. We see Felix is still on there, but then.. wha? More missing again.

zlCfzR2PXa898vXPTY

I thought NoA was bad before but they're really just straight-up trolling now. Who waits so long to dump a game onto the shop that's out everywhere else?

Robin64

Haaaaaaaaaang on.....

I haven't seen anyone post that isn't in the top 100.

Now I'm thinking it might be a leaderboard of the most recent 100 scores submitted. Your score gets erased if 100 more scores are submitted after, sort of thing.

That'd be silly, but........

Kouriozan

Haaaaaaaaaang on.....

Now I'm thinking it might be a leaderboard of the most recent 100 scores submitted. Your score gets erased if 100 more scores are submitted after, sort of thing.

Hmm, maybe everyone has a chance to get the stamp that way?
A daily/weekly reset would be better if that's it :s

NeoRausch

What is going on in Wario's Woods I don't even

felt just like you. then i've watched some videos from people who got rainbow stars.

i've seen the light! also pay close attention to the demo at th beginning.

edit:
Haaaaaaaaaang on.....

i haven't really played it. want a screenshot?

Shauni

Still haven't finished all the original levels, but I'm buying this as soon as it hits the NOA eShop. I'm foaming at the mouth. Need Punch-Out!! challenges. NEED THEM!!

The selection of games is so much better in this than the first one it's unreal. Not that the original had bad games necessarily, just that Metroid, SMB3, Kirby etc feel like the big hitters. So addictive too!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hmm...I think I'm pretty close to having all stars now, but there's still one game I haven't seen at all.

Edit: Unlocked it now...

Robin64

Awesome, thanks. Note how the second shot there is missing scores for Leeroy, Temporell, Kouriozan, Schorsch and Johnnie.

(Also what the hell is up with that Russian guy?)

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to buy this, but I'd be really angry if they announce the retail compilation right after. That won't happen, right? :/

Top Bottom