• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NES Remix 2 |OT| The lost levels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*makes it Dr. Mario* Alright, one minute left! *phone rings, tries to pause game but timer still goes* CRAP, what do I do?! Oh I know, Home Button! *talks on phone* Okay, let's finish....*game goes back to title screen* NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I guess they did it to avoid people exploiting something, but damn if that doesn't annoy me, especially since Dr. Mario isn't a game I particularly enjoy & I actually manage to make good time/points for that run.

Robin64

How the table looked for me just now.

zlCfzR2RmlIGpvY6TV

So broken.

Neff

I'm loving this, even more than the first one, but it's a real slap in the face to see smooth, fast, NTSC 60hz Kirby's Adventure featured when we're still stuck with the 'optimised' version in Europe.

antibolo

Banned
Looking forward to it this weekend. The game selection is so much more interesting than the first game, which was padded with too many early games nobody cares about anymore (Wrecking Crew? seriously?)

Shauni

I actually like Wrecking Crew. It's a very basic idea, but it's still good fun. Stuff like Urban Champion, Ice Climbers, Balloon Fight, yeah, that stuff can all go suck my dick.

About to start downloading this and get some fun in before work.

I actually like Wrecking Crew. It's a very basic idea, but it's still good fun. Stuff like Urban Champion, Ice Climbers, Balloon Fight, yeah, that stuff can all go suck my dick.

About to start downloading this and get some fun in before work.
Balloon Fight is terrific you shut up you.

Anyone let me know if I pop up on your leaderboard and what score I have. Ta.

UK player here. I made it in to the top 10 and you were no where to be seen.

The number one score was over 2,000,000.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. I've just checked my Miiverse post and that 2,000,000 score wasn't on it. I swear it was top when I was trying to break into the top 10. Weird.

danielcw

Sega & Nintendo should do 16 Bit Remix, please.

Is that usually midnight in UK time or in central European time?

Central European, Nintendo Of Europe operates from Germany.

I guess many people will be nostalgic for ice Climbers, it was a NES packin in Germany (and I guess many European countries)

Kouriozan

What am I doing wrong that I can't break 900,000 in Championship Mode? It must be something I'm doing wrong in SMB, but what?

What I'm doing :

SMB : Take the pipe to the coin room, finish level, same for the next, hitting some block for the few coins remaining.

SMB 3 : Raccoon suit -> fly -> almost done

Dr.Mario : Be fast and don't screw up! It's the most important game to get points from.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are going crazy on miiverse. I should jump in, but I'm still playing M&L :p

Robin64

Just unlocked "Bonus" stages. Nice!

The first one being
Super Mario Bros 1-1 in Super Mario Bros. 3
is just awesome.

jblank83

I'm liking this one more than NES Remix 1. Dunno why. Everything just feels a little better, from the interface to the challenges.

It helps that the games are the later NES games, the more sophisticated ones, not the early release games that felt more like arcade games of the early 80s.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Looking forward to it this weekend. The game selection is so much more interesting than the first game, which was padded with too many early games nobody cares about anymore (Wrecking Crew? seriously?)
I really liked the first game, partly because it sampled a bunch of games that I wouldn't have given the time of day otherwise. Wrecking Crew was fun on its own merits, and even things like Clu Clu Land and Tennis weren't bad once I got the hang of it, and presenting those kinds of games in this kind of challenge mode structure is a good way to ease into them. It made Zelda 1 seem a lot less cryptic in particular and has encouraged me to give that game an honest effort for the first time in over 20 years.

Bringing out the A material for this second go around is nice and all, but already being intimately familiar with games like Mario 3 and Lost Levels sucks some of the fun out of the experience for them. A paltry 7 challenges for Lost Levels that are a breeze to 3-star just makes me want to back out of this and load up that game instead. :p

bumpkin

Gah, why can't the Wii U have the ability to purchase and queue up downloads remotely like the PS4 and PSN does?

Robin64

I can't decide between the two, mostly because I view them as a complete package. A retail disc would have really cemented that and been just superb.

Is there any way to back out of Super Luigi Bros without going all the way to the Wii U menu?

Press the Pause button bottom left.

Macheezmo

I'm loving this game so far. I'm terrible at Wario's Woods. Got 3 stars on all of them, but rainbow stars on only the first one I think. Got all rainbow stars on Zelda 2, that was fun. Kinda disappointed at the small number of Punch Out challenges though

I can't get much over 700,000 in Championship mode. Does anybody have any tips for Dr. Mario? It seems like I'm doing better than my first try but I still can't beat that score.

Top Bottom