• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix's Iron Fist Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

When is this available on Netflix to watch?

Hope these bad reviews don't ruin our chances of getting a Luke Cage/Iron Fist show. Neither of these shows deserve a second season unless they bring them together.

Blader

When is this available on Netflix to watch?

Hope these bad reviews don't ruin our chances of getting a Luke Cage/Iron Fist show. Neither of these shows deserve a second season unless they bring them together.

Next Friday.

Luke Cage already has a confirmed S2.

PL7i7RE.png
WOOF.

Makonero

Unlike most, I really enjoyed all of the Marvel netflix stuff. Yeah, they have pacing issues and some characters are annoying, but I still had a good time with each one.

I'm definitely a little hesitant to dive into Iron Fist though. These previews are not good.

DrSlek

The only Netflix/Marvel series I haven't enjoyed was the second half of Luke Cage. This news about Iron Fist displeases me greatly, as it was the series I was most looking forward to.

Fury451

Banned
Trailers kinda looked garbage so this isn't too surprising.

Shame, because Immortal Iron Fist by Fraction is one of my favorite comic runs of all time, and I was hoping they would suck some of that out for this. WELP.

- Daredevil S1 - One of the best if not, the best comic book show ever even with it's flaws.
- Daredevil S2 - WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?
- Jessica Jones - Amazing villain. Kilgrave is the only one that made this show worth watching for me. Needs better writing though.
- Luke Cage - First half was good, but the second was very bad. The season final fight was a DUMPSTER FIRE. Terrible, terrible acting. That's how bad it was.

Now Iron Fist is not looking good in previews?

Marvel, are you ok?
John-Travolta-Confused-As-He-Enters-An-Apartment-In-Pulp-Fiction.gif

Well they are all made by completely separate creative teams.

I guess you can only keep up such an insane winning streak for so long. Really worried about Inhumans now.

I'm sorry but, NOOOWW you're worried about Inhumans?

This is terrible news as I was really looking forward to binge watching this. Frustration.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
Well this is concerning.

I'm more of a DC comics guy but have loved most of the Marvel Netflix shows. In fact I'm the type of guy that enjoyed JJ more than Daredevil. And thought Luke was mostly pretty great.

Of course there were going to be issues regarding critics and the "cultural appropriation" the character represents, but I could have been fine with it as long as the writing was up to the quality of the other shows. Seems like it isn't (at least in the first 6 eps), which is a shame since these shows tend to loose a bit of steam in the second half.

Bookoo

That's disappointing although nothing looked that exciting about the trailers. The only netflix series I really enjoyed were Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Luke Cage started off ok, but just got worse as it progressed.

Pachimari

So Iron Fist and Inhumans being some of my absolute favorite comic book properties... And Scott Buck comes around.

Fucking sad.

Ricker

Ouch...I thought this would have more action,or better,then Cage but looks like there is a lot but it's bad...

Im not buying the farm just yet

There are a lot of opinions thrown around about these shows and I have yet to not enjoy and of the Netflix Marvel outings

Yeah I have issues with some of their flaws here and there but im holding out that ill enjoy this one

I'm in the same exact boat as you. I'm sure it'll be okay. Worst thing is that they'll ditch Season 2 and fast track a Heroes for Hire series instead.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
um

so

who's handling Defenders again

This guy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Petrie

He served as co-executive producer on the first season of the Netflix show Daredevil, and took over as showrunner for its second season alongside Marco Ramirez.

So, much more promising but DD2 did have some issues but the show will only be 8 episodes long, so hopefully those pacing issues are gone.

[edit]

Beaten so many times.

The Daredevil guys.

I first got worried when I found out the actors only had ONE month to prepare for this show.

Daredevil season 2 guys.

Marco Ramirez, Doug Petrie and Drew Goddard. Daredevil crew.

This guy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Petrie

So, much more promising but DD2 did have some issues but the show will only be 8 episodes long, so hopefully those pacing issues are gone.

[edit]

Beaten so many times.

thank fucking gooooooooooooooooooooood

I liked DD S2 for the most part so i'm down. Probably just going to skip Iron Fist, though. That's time I could spend playing video games.

number11

Wasn't there reports early on about how Marvel were struggling to find ways to adapt this? This show shouldn't have been made in the first place.

Is Scott Buck Marvel's Zack Snyder now?

Gross comparison. Snyder has done some pretty interesting things with the DC properties.

Scott Buck is just trash. Like even if you hate the dcu movies he gave us that batman warehouse scene. That already proves his worth more than this guy

Also I don't get why they were struggling so hard to adapt this. The concept isn't that out there for a comic property considering where we are at now.

Was Deadline's posted?

https://deadline.com/2017/03/iron-f...ones-rosario-dawson-netflix-video-1202038612/

However, for all the shortcomings of the March 17-launching martial arts series, there is real muscle to be found in the performances of Jessica Henwick and Rosario Dawson.

In fact, as I say in my video review above, if it were a series without these two women, to riff off this International Women’s Day, Iron Fist wouldn’t pack much of a punch at all. It is Henwick and Dawson’s dynamic — individually and together — as “Daughter of the Dragon” dojo-running Colleen Wing and ex-nurse Claire Temple, respectively, that pumps the irregular heart of the 13-episode first season from showrunner Scott Buck.

Kusagari

Wasn't there reports early on about how Marvel were struggling to find ways to adapt this? This show shouldn't have been made in the first place.

It seemed like from the start Marvel were struggling with how to make the show.

It's why I've long thought it would be a disaster. It seemed like they never had an actual vision for it.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Gross comparison. Snyder has done some pretty interesting things with the DC properties.

Scott Buck is just trash. Like even if you hate the dcu movies he gave us that batman warehouse scene. That already proves his worth more than this guy

I'll always go to bat for 300 and Watchmen.

There was a point in the writers room where someone said "Sooo we're totally not doing that silly costume right?" and no one argued.

I thought we had passed the ashamed to be a comic book phase of these movies/shows

aly

There was a point in the writers room where someone said "Sooo we're totally not doing that silly costume right?" and no one argued.

I thought we had passed the ashamed to be a comic book phase of these movies/shows

It's stupid too, because they could've just done S1 DD, but green or just did the pants without the shirt from Immortal Iron Fist, but nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom