• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Abu Ghraib photos, oh oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_z

catfish said:
but she has dubious morals. WHAT TO DO

fuck her in the ass. she's obviously into the kinky shit.

abu5.jpg

pyramid_head_movie_small.jpg

6.gif

Wait are those pictures actually real? I honestly thought it was another one of those "artistic expression" photo galleries. Disturbing.

Walshicus

Shiggie said:
0__________O.

Did his eyes pour out of his head? This is utterly disgusting and shameful.
Damn, I was close to clicking that. Do you mean "pop" instead of "pour"? Because pour is something I'd use for liquids rather than solids, and... well... ugh.

pewye

Banned
this is just disgusting.

Sir Fragula said:
Damn, I was close to clicking that. Do you mean "pop" instead of "pour"? Because pour is something I'd use for liquids rather than solids, and... well... ugh.

popped and poured :(

Prine

Banned
Shiggie said:
0__________O.

Did his eyes pour out of his head? This is utterly disgusting and shameful.

Probably electricuted, thats what happens to your eye balls when the heat is too intense. They pour down your cheeks.

JaCy

Oh man why did I click on that link? That image of that girl with the corpse is seared into my mind.

Anasui Kishibe said:
it's not. It's not even new actually, I remember seeing it like one year ago

I'm not doubting it. But it does look like the woman has been pasted on the picture. There's something fake about the image.

RiZ III

So they actually killed people there ??? I thought they had just taken pictures of them in humiliating poses =( Wow this is sick.

RiZ III said:
So they actually killed people there ??? I thought they had just taken pictures of them in humiliating poses =( Wow this is sick.

allegedly prisoners have died there, yes

but much of what went on has long been mostly covered up =/

LCGeek

formerly sane
Yixian said:

Someone please shut down the USA.

Great logic you have there....

Considering just about every country is guilty for torturing it's own citizens and foreign we should shut em all down and who has the power to do so if it should be done?

Diablos

so_awes said:
she's cute though...
And that gives her an excuse to do that? There's a lot of cute girls out there. Who cares.

These patriotic Americans, for I'm sure believing that ending the war only makes the enemy stronger -- what the fuck were they thinking when they took these pics? Every time a terrorist, or someone who's thinking about being one, sees this, it's definitely going to make them even more upset.

We need to yank everyone out of Abu Ghraib and bomb it. It's gone from being a symbol of hate and torture under Saddam to the same thing but only under the US Army now. Abandon it, bomb it.

Why are people blaming "rednecks"? Have rednecks started becoming Yankees fans, and getting into positions of power to order invasions of other countries?

It's also worth mentioning that this sort of thing is the 'real world' underside of the wars that 90% of video games sugarcoat for us to enjoy.

"It's also worth mentioning that this sort of thing is the 'real world' underside of the wars that 90% of video games sugarcoat for us to enjoy."

Abu ghraib Tycoon

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
"It's also worth mentioning that this sort of thing is the 'real world' underside of the wars that 90% of video games sugarcoat for us to enjoy."

Abu ghraib Tycoon

cover.jpg

Note: this box art has as much penis imagery as the torture pics.

RiZ III said:
If it was so bad at his random prison, wonder how its like at gitmo..jeez

Gitmo is a bad example because even though the press is heavily restricted, we know it exists, who is detained there and every once in a while, someone is released and gets to tell his story.

You should wonder about all those black sites rumored to be in Poland, Romania, Central Asia and other obscure military outposts. People who end up there can disappear forever and we'd be none the wiser. That kind of secrecy, lack of oversight and CIA jailers being smart enough not to film everything isscarier, IMHO.

If you think Americans didn't pull this type of shit in WWII, you're wrong.

If you think Americans didn't pull this type of shit in Korea, you're wrong.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

As mentioned before, your objective as a soldier is to fight and kill. That's pretty much what you're trained to do. Best way to make it easier on those soldiers? Psychologically make the enemy less than human. The difference in these last few wars? Press coverage and leaks of what war is really like.

It's the route that some of those in PETA go for. You show people the process of killing animals and the sometimes brutal route that some farmers/hunters/etc. go through, and you will get people pissed off because they live in their fancy suburbian home and have never seen a pig get cut up or a baby calf stuck in a box so they can enjoy their veal.

It's not to say it's right, it's just to say this shit happens in wars on all sides.

I'd like to see statistics of the soldiers who come back home and see what percentage go the "WWII route" (just shut up and don't talk about it and move on) and those who go Rambo ("you can't just turn it off").

JimiNutz

Banned
I think the internet has really fucked up my moral compass. All I see is a bunch of human torturing other humans. Why should I care? Why is this special? Surely this is just business as usual during war?

I know we have 'rules' for war but really this shits been going on for centuries. War is a crazy phenomena that puts people in strange circumstances that they have probably never been in before. War is so different from everyday life. It's easy to see how and why that will effect a person in strange ways. Ordinary day to day morality seems to just disappear, or at the very least recede far enough that it is temporarily forgotten.

I’m not saying this is right, or moral. I just think I understand why it’s happening and because it doesn’t cause any shock or confusion in me I’m just kind of indifferent. These pictures get a big ‘meh’ from NutJob.

Grug

NutJobJim said:
I’m not saying this is right, or moral. I just think I understand why it’s happening and because it doesn’t cause any shock or confusion in me I’m just kind of indifferent. These pictures get a big ‘meh’ from NutJob.

Would you feel different if they were captured US Marines being held by terrorists?

Not being a smartass here, I'm genuinely interested if that would change your perspective.

JimiNutz

Banned
Grug said:
Would you feel different if they were captured US Marines being held by terrorists?

Not being a smartass here, I'm genuinely interested if that would change your perspective.

I really don't know. I'd like to say the answer would be no. I've seen videos of British prisoners being beheaded by Al Qaeda and it didn't really do anything for me. I don't want to come across as somebody completely devoid of emotion it's just this isn't shocking in any way to me because

a) I've seen many similar pictures/videos before
b) I understand why these people are doing this (understanding why is not the same thing as believing they are justified in their actions)

Dyno

automagnus said:
Am I missing something here? Whats wrong with catching a mouse in a mouse trap?

Why display it? Why should it be included in a picture?

It speaks to their enthusiasm towards the veneration of the mutiliated.

It shows serious fucking problems.

Um, dumb question, I know:

But considering that a circus can be taken way more serious than the UNO and NATO together:

Why does nobody of the US-government or -army (except those little fishes) get fired or charged for war crimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom