• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Abu Ghraib photos, oh oh

Status
Not open for further replies.

guidop

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Horrible.................. but the nut sack tuck with the mud............... wont put a lol face but yeah.

Thats not mud its his own shit or dog shit. They had specially trained rape dogs that would rape the prisoners. The most fucked thing about Abu Ghraib is that most of the prisoners there were innocent

About the burnt guy and the girl giving a thumbs up that so many here are so struck by, maybe the bastard lit himself on fire trying some martyr bullshit in a crowded city. Who knows. Its a fucking war. It easy to sit at home, look at shit like this a be disgusted. I wonder why it is pictures of what these people do to crowded streets with innocent bystanders never show up on this site. If I seen that the day before and this guy fucks his mission up today trying to do the same thing and burns himself to death, I might be doing the same thing.

Fucking judgemental bastards on this site. Not only condemning these people for shit they don't really know about, but a whole damn country. Morons.

Sleeker

So there, we have figured out, go back to bed America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed America, your government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up! Go back to bed America, here's American Gladiators. Here's 56 channels of it. Watch these pituitary retards bang their fucking skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America - you are free, to do as we tell you. You are free, to do as we tell you.

-Bill Hicks

TheRipDizz said:
About the burnt guy and the girl giving a thumbs up that so many here are so struck by, maybe the bastard lit himself on fire trying some martyr bullshit in a crowded city. Who knows. Its a fucking war. It easy to sit at home, look at shit like this a be disgusted. I wonder why it is pictures of what these people do to crowded streets with innocent bystanders never show up on this site. If I seen that the day before and this guy fucks his mission up today trying to do the same thing and burns himself to death, I might be doing the same thing.

Fucking judgemental bastards on this site. Not only condemning these people for shit they don't really know about, but a whole damn country. Morons.

lol

You're responsible for this, GAF. Whenever we have a thread about a criminal, you never fail to jump in with suggestions of eye-for-eye justice and readiness to "kill the scum" or just "bash his face in."

Emotions are strange things. When generated, they don't stop at a wall, but continue to roll over and over and reproduce themselves, like bacteria.

Your distrust and your lack of willingness to understand helps and adds to the wave of these emotions.

The society you participate in and help uphold is responsible for the existence of these people and the choices they make.

Yes those pics are fucked up, but the responses in this thread reveal the suggestion that this shit rarely happens. Either by Americans or someone else.

THis shit always happens. and when i say always i exaggerate not. This shit happens every fucking day - no, every second - and its fucked-up-ness is varying in degrees and happens within US as well.

Even by people who are not molded into attacking the enemy like our military. tis human nature.

btw, this is the official site for that standford experiment. awesome shit: http://www.prisonexp.org/slide-1.htm

Bezz

Banned
A fucking disgrace for those sick fucks to have ever put a military uniform.

That bitch next to that corpse (?) needs to do some time in a male prison....

TheRipDizz said:

Well your post makes it seem like you do.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
TheRipDizz said:

*blink* *blink*

I don't get it.

I'm gonna need specifics if it's gonna be ok at any point of time to do this type of stuff.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
guidop said:
Thats not mud its his own shit or dog shit. They had specially trained rape dogs that would rape the prisoners. The most fucked thing about Abu Ghraib is that most of the prisoners there were innocent

I will :lol at that though, completely rediculous.

And as for Innocents well yeah, the victims of terrorism are also innocent.

CHYME

Banned
TheRipDizz said:

Tyrannical said:
What exactly IS the big deal with this?

They are radical Islamic millitants, no one is going to let them go, ever. I always assumed after intergation and what not the foreign fighters would be transported back to Iraq/Afgahanastan for execution by those respective governments.

What do you think happens to foreign fighters caught fighting government forces in Afganastan or Iraq? You think they get deported back to their home countries where they would be happy to carry on a normal peaceful life? The foreign fighters are mercenaries, and they are NOT protected at all by geneva convention.

Honestly, what do you think those released prisoners would do? Jihad again of course!

FunkyMunkey said:
Fuck you for associating the rest of America with this sick shit.

And I can't understand the ignorance in this thread. EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY WITH A MILITARY HAS SHIT LIKE THIS HAPPEN. The only difference here is, the pictures got out.

Quit playing the "lol stupid americans!!" card and think. This is humanistic problem that developed from dumbasses being put into a position of power over others. Add weapons and language and ethic barriers between the two parties and sick shit will go down.

(P.S. According to much of the logic here, I guess I should hate all of Germany and the germans for the holocaust, right? Or I should hate ALL of Sudan for the crap going on in darfur? You guys are fucking amazing sometimes.)

I wish someone installs a dictator into your country, steals your resources, fucks you over, and then, when things don't work out, occupies your country, steals more resources, tortures you and your family before killing you, all in the midst of laughter and thumbs up!

It's a war. Shit happens. Fuck off.

frankthurk said:
What were these other dark days where we actually decided to start wars by preemptively invading 2 countries without provocation? I think that makes it pretty damn dark for me at least.

We almost completely obliterated an entire race of people (read: genocide) and enslaved another. That's just the big stuff. We also trained Latin American dictators in torture techniques and forcibly sterilized Puerto Rican women without there consent, both of which took place in the last half century. We've done some horrible sick shit consistently throughout our history. Abu Ghraib is unfortunately in line with our pattern of behavior.

jmdajr said:
Guilt by association? Well if that's what you want to believe, thats fine.
There's no point in trying to convince you otherwise.

The problem is that Americans benefit from the horrible things we do to other nations both covertly (Latin America) and overtly in the Middle East. Our security and economic wellbeing is a result of the suffering we impose around the world, and most Americans express a feeling towards this that is worse than acceptance - disinterest. Most of us just don't give a shit. "We don't want to know how sausage is made", we don't want to know what the CIA and the military do, we just want it done so that we can live safe and comfortable lives. It's wrong, and we should be more informed and proactive as a society. But we're not and every American, myself included, has to bare some of the blame.

laserbeam said:
Its only popular to hate on the United States. It doesn't matter how many times worse many countries have been and still are to this day. Your not cool if you hate them. Countless People die every day to Bad Governments but since its not the United States its Ok or at least not important enough to make mention.

Complete shit. My tax dollars finance the murder and torture of people all around the world. I should be concerned with what my government is doing. I'm also capable, as are most people, of looking at two horrible situations and acknowledging that both are wrong, even if they differ in degree. I've written papers about the Rape of Nanjing, I could rant about what a piece of shit Putin is. But this thread is about America, and I am an American, as are many others in this thread. So you should be able to understand why the U.S. is going to be on the hot seat right now.

Also, for those singling out these soldiers as "bad apples", I think you should look at the psychological studies posted in the OP. I doubt very much that many of you would be able to maintain moral clarity in such depraved conditions. There is a sadistic aspect of the human mind that gets tapped in these situations. It's easy to hate these soldiers, and I want them to be prosecuted, but categorizing these individuals as unique sociopaths undermines the fact that they have been corrupted by a system that churns out sociopaths. Which is a larger and more troubling issue.

CHYME

Banned
kame-sennin said:
We almost completely obliterated an entire race of people (read: genocide) and enslaved another. That's just the big stuff. We also trained Latin American dictators in torture techniques and forcibly sterilized Puerto Rican women without there consent, both of which took place in the last half century. We've done some horrible sick shit consistently throughout our history. Abu Ghraib is unfortunately in line with our pattern of behavior.

The problem is that Americans benefit from the horrible things we do to other nations both covertly (Latin America) and overtly in the Middle East. Our security and economic wellbeing is a result of the suffering we impose around the world, and most Americans express a feeling towards this that is worse than acceptance - disinterest. Most of us just don't give a shit. "We don't want to know how sausage is made", we don't want to know what the CIA and the military do, we just want it done so that we can live safe and comfortable lives. It's wrong, and we should be more informed and proactive as a society. But we're not and every American, myself included, has to bare some of the blame.

Complete shit. My tax dollars finance the murder and torture of people all around the world. I should be concerned with what my government is doing. I'm also capable, as are most people, of looking at two horrible situations and acknowledging that both are wrong, even if they differ in degree. I've written papers about the Rape of Nanjing, I could rant about what a piece of shit Putin is. But this thread is about America, and I am an American, as are many others in this thread. So you should be able to understand why the U.S. is going to be on the hot seat right now.

Also, for those singling out these soldiers as "bad apples", I think you should look at the psychological studies posted in the OP. I doubt very much that many of you would be able to maintain moral clarity in such depraved conditions. There is a sadistic aspect of the human mind that gets tapped in these situations. It's easy to hate these soldiers, and I want them to be prosecuted, but categorizing these individuals as unique sociopaths undermines the fact that they have been corrupted by a system that churns out sociopaths. Which is a larger and more troubling issue.

Nice, well-informed post.

frankthurk said:
What were these other dark days where we actually decided to start wars by preemptively invading 2 countries without provocation? I think that makes it pretty damn dark for me at least.

2 countries without provocation? Name the two.

FunkyMunkey said:
Fuck you for associating the rest of America with this sick shit.

And I can't understand the ignorance in this thread. EVERY FUCKING COUNTRY WITH A MILITARY HAS SHIT LIKE THIS HAPPEN. The only difference here is, the pictures got out.

Quit playing the "lol stupid americans!!" card and think. This is humanistic problem that developed from dumbasses being put into a position of power over others. Add weapons and language and ethic barriers between the two parties and sick shit will go down.

(P.S. According to much of the logic here, I guess I should hate all of Germany and the germans for the holocaust, right? Or I should hate ALL of Sudan for the crap going on in darfur? You guys are fucking amazing sometimes.)

This I agree with. Every single country has done this.

The difference is the US tries the soldiers with war crimes.

FightyF

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
I will :lol at that though, completely rediculous.

And as for Innocents well yeah, the victims of terrorism are also innocent.

We've already established that these people in Abu Ghraib were victims of terrorism, what's your point?

Vito

Banned
ComputerNerd said:
This I agree with. Every single country has done this.

The difference is the US tries the soldiers with war crimes.

Care to list examples for each or at least the majority of countries? And perhaps keeping it current instead of going back a few hundred years since it'd be a bit silly to blame the current population for the things their long dead ancestors did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom