• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Batman: Arkham Asylum Screens (End of Summer delay confirmed)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
All of it. Just... WHAT?

I mean, I'm sorry, but there is no way that Jack Nicholson's Joker is even close to Ledger's Joker. And Tim Burton is possibly the most overrated "visionary" director in Hollywood. "Let's darken that shit up! And put some skeletons up in this bitch!"

His Batman movies were okay, but nothing near as good as either Nolan's films or the animated Batman films/shows that came afterwards.

Taurus

Htown said:
All of it. Just... WHAT?

I mean, I'm sorry, but there is no way that Jack Nicholson's Joker is even close to Ledger's Joker. And Tim Burton is possibly the most overrated "visionary" director in Hollywood. "Let's darken that shit up! And put some skeletons up in this bitch!"

His Batman movies were okay, but nothing near as good as either Nolan's films or the animated Batman films/shows that came afterwards.
Well, there are opinions and then there are other opinions. But let's not get this thread derailed. :)

All in all, Joker in Arkham Asylum looks great IMO.
Tim Burton's Batman from 1989 is the best Batman movie ever made, thanks to Jack Nicholson. There, I said it. :p Batman>>Batman Begins>>Batman Returns>>Dark Knight

Defuser

Htown said:
You do realized Batman:TAS is based on Burton's Batman.

Ramenman

BenjaminBirdie said:
Didn't people say that about Venom in Spider-Man 3?

It was Green Gobelin in Spider-Man 3.

And people said "wtf this shit sucks, why the fuck did I buy the PS3 version only for that".

Htown said:
I mean, I'm sorry, but there is no way that Jack Nicholson's Joker is even close to Ledger's Joker.

Maybe you like one more than the other, but you can't compare them. It's not the same interpretation of the character.

And you're derailing, too.

:D

Darkpen

Banned
Htown said:
All of it. Just... WHAT?

Tim Burton's Batman was the best for the longest time for a good reason, you know. Its not a question of being "overrated," its an issue of how poor the previous interpretations were, and I'm sure GAF has its share of hatred towards Batman and Robin and Batman Forever as well

Linkified

deepbrown said:
And it's just the Challenge Stages - not The Joker. I thought the Challenge Stages were included on the disc...?

I would say its the jokers challenge stages which are available as dlc not all the challenge stages

lupinko

Defuser said:
You do realized Batman:TAS is based on Burton's Batman.

No, not really, just the dark deco look, the theme song and Devito Penguin design (not really even then), but that's about it. BTAS is nothing like the Burton movies, for starters BTAS is actually good and stands the test of time.

DrBo42

LiquidMetal14 said:
SO are these going to be on PS3 is this another BS exclusive DLC thing?
Chances are it's going to be like the Goblin Spidey 3 DLC or Vader/Yoda DLC for SCIV. Like most people have said already.

So it sounds like you don't play through the game as The Joker, there are only a series of Challenge Stages where you play as the Joker.

Which makes more sense considering how much thought they've put into AI interaction. Joker's gonna be all slinking around and twirling over people and shit?

DrBo42

BenjaminBirdie said:
So it sounds like you don't play through the game as The Joker, there are only a series of Challenge Stages where you play as the Joker.

Which makes more sense considering how much thought they've put into AI interaction. Joker's gonna be all slinking around and twirling over people and shit?

That's exactly what it is. You play as the Joker in Challenge Maps, not the story mode.

TheFallen

From what I've read, it's basically a few challenge maps that play out like deathmatch shoot-em-up as The Joker. I don't know if that's worth getting the PS3 version for, but I'm going to wait till the reviews to see if which version is strongest.

Sort of disappointed in the exclusive DLC. I hate when my multiplatform games get exclusive content. I was one of the tards that bought Spider-Man 3 on PS3 for New Goblin. Don't get me started on how badly it played on PS3. Also, I have Fallout 3 on PS3, you feel me? :(

Hellion

shagg_187 said:
jokerarkham.jpg

YES! :D :D :D

I hope it involves him taking down cops and all instead of inmates.

Well PS3 it is

I have a PS3 so I am very happy about the news that Joker is a playable character in that version.

I'm really hoping for a good story. Paul Dini being the writer fills me with excitement. I'm really hoping that the story captures the awesomeness of Batman TAS.

Fanboydestroyer said:
I have a PS3 so I am very happy about the news that Joker is a playable character in that version.

The Challenge Levels will be available for both versions, they're just free with the PS3 one. You can't play through the game as J-boz in either one.

Mon Bats Don't Shiv.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
BenjaminBirdie said:
The Challenge Levels will be available for both versions, they're just free with the PS3 one. You can't play through the game as J-boz in either one.

Mon Bats Don't Shiv.
That cant be true because Microsoft wouldn't allow it (they don't allow devs to charge for content if its free on another console). There might be some Joker levels for the 360 version but there's going to be some exclusive ones for PS3.

chubigans said:
That cant be true because Microsoft wouldn't allow it (they don't allow devs to charge for content if its free on another console). There might be some Joker levels for the 360 version but there's going to be some exclusive ones for PS3.

*shrugs*

OXM said DLC, not Paid DLC. We'll see, I guess.

Wag

So am I the only one planning on getting the PC version of this (if it gets a good review)?

DrBo42

Wag said:
So am I the only one planning on getting the PC version of this (if it gets a good review)?
I'm getting it on 360 and then waiting to see if a mod community forms for the PC version. Beat em ups and stealthy games I much prefer on console.

TheFallen

chubigans said:

New Goblin was free for the PS3 version of Spider-Man 3. On Xbox 360, he's 240 MS pts. I don't see this situation being any different. With that said however, I'm not going to take that xbox magazine twitter as confirmation just yet.

Neiteio

I was replaying BioShock last night and I gotta say, the graphical similarities are striking. I find BioShock to be a far more beautiful game, of course -- an Art Deco style and underwater setting will do that for ya -- but in terms of lighting and texture and ambiance, I see some overlap, and that's a very good thing.

Wag

Neiteio said:
I was replaying BioShock last night and I gotta say, the graphical similarities are striking. I find BioShock to be a far more beautiful game, of course -- an Art Deco style and underwater setting will do that for ya -- but in terms of lighting and texture and ambiance, I see some overlap, and that's a very good thing.
Considering they both use the UT3 engine, that's no surprise.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DrBo42 said:
Well I wouldn't say the plot thickens. This is what we saw with Vader. "It's a PS3 exclusive, we promise!" We'll see after the game launches.
Namco said that yeah, but this is a bit different.

Integra

Neo Member
The Joker content only for the PS3??? *grins evilly* ooooooh! :D definitely getting this game first chance I get. The demo for it was pretty cool. But upon hearing of the DLC for the PS3, I'm in love.

I guess this is for now the official thread but the system requirements for the PC version have been posted.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=88087

Drum roll please....

Minimum:
• CPU: Intel single core 3 Ghz or AMD equivalent
• Memory: XP = 1 GB, Vista = 2GB
• GPU: Shader Model 3 NVidia 6600 or ATI 1300 or higher

Recommended:
• CPU: Pentium D 3Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Dual core)
• Memory: XP = 2GB, Vista = 3GB
• GPU: NVidia 7900 GT or higher

Enhanced for multi-core

• Online features:
o Friends
o Achievements

Those seem like 360 equivalent PC specs.

Amir0x

Banned
Joker EXCLUSIVE to the PS3 version?

Um, ok. Guess I'm skipping this one for now.

Edit: Oh I guess it's just some stupid "bonus" levels where you play AS Joker. I thought they literally took out Batman's interactions with Joker. I don't know why I thought that, since it is so obviously stupid in retrospect, but hey! Re-purchase confirmed.

Wag

Right. 3GHz requirement for the PC version? I have a really hard time believing that considering it uses the UT3 engine like Bioshock. Bioshock ran well on moderate setups. I think most people with fairly modern PC setups should be just fine. I have a E6600 @ 3.27GHz and can run pretty much everything thrown at it. Either that or the game is coded like shit.:D

Wag said:
Right. 3GHz requirement for the PC version? I have a really hard time believing that considering it uses the UT3 engine like Bioshock. Bioshock ran well on moderate setups. I think most people with fairly modern PC setups should be just fine. I have a E6600 @ 2.4GHz and can run pretty much everything thrown at it. Either that or the game is coded like shit.:D

That's because your processor is a dual core. 2.4 GHz dual core>> 3.0 GHz Single Core. Those reqs are still fairly low.

Top Bottom