• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Forza 5 gameplay

Zeth

ioSx2T7qSKTOn.gif

Is that from an off-screen video? They tend to make it look much worse due to fixed exposure.

Also re: the conspiracy theory motion blur comparison - if it's object-based blur, might it just not be applied to guard wall in the compressed vid?

Turn 10 must have done horrible things to some users here.

Game looks great, too bad these videos are compressed to hell and back and terribly scaled.

The aliasing is nowhere near those levels. Gamersyde footage is just there for you all to see.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Cars look good. Everything else looks crappy. Part of it is obviously the video quality, but the backgrounds look like a bad looking 360 game.

Silky

Banned
Then why are you here in a Forza thread?

Because I liked Forza Horizon and I'm fond of the Forza series due to the customization that the series has.

What the fuck? It's fucking Forza, it's a sim. What the hell were you expecting? Explosions and dubstep? This is the dumbest comment I've seen yet.

Calm down? I never said I didn't like Forza. I just said, an arcade racer would be better than a boring ass racing sim.

ShapeGSX

Guess I am the only one who has to drive east to work every morning? The real sun is worse than that.

I do drive east every morning, but I don't have to get to work that early. On the way home, though, the sun is positively blinding when driving west. There are huge traffic jams on the interstate because of it. You simply can't see and everyone slows down to a crawl.

what the heck happened..this looks nothing like previous videos...even if you ignore the twitch compression and bad video ... it looks more like current gen Forza

Is nobody watching the footage Helios linked to? OP should be updated to include it.

People should download and watch this before talking about downgrades.

This is probably the best footage out there imo of the recent gamescom/PAX build containing Laguna Seca. Make sure you download the 1080p footage for the best visual quality.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_forza_5_gameplay-14463_en.html

You can form your own conclusions as to how it compares to the Laguna Seca Twitch.tv livestream footage from PAX which is now on YouTube.

*link corrected :)

Why do people call keep calling Laguna Seca a "Boring Track"? It's one of my faves.

What are they expecting? Rainbow Road?
Its visually boring, relatively, even among circuits. Its like our own Silverstone. It drives well enough though, definitely.

Disclaimer: I am probably very wrong and there are far worse tracks.

eso76

E3
lJsZkOo.png

Now
EwwdGMw.png

No more motion blur.

That IGN vid has motion blur because that's obviously the replay camera (30fps with motion blur) while ingame it's 60 fps with NO motion blur.
It's been like this in the past 3 forza motorsport, but nice try.

Why do people call keep calling Laguna Seca a "Boring Track"? It's one of my faves.

What are they expecting? Rainbow Road?

A forest a flying dragon with a unicorn riding it that has Macho man on its back.
On a cloudy day without lens flare galore.

Dat Greenawalt confidence.

Dan Greenawalt speaks absolute BS. No lie he's just a PR man. Just look what he said about Forza 3:

I play a lot of racing games, including PC racing games and I have not seen anything that is even within years of what we’re delivering here. Part of that actually meant visiting McLaren and seeing the simulator that they train on. I’ve seen other race teams as well and some of their simulators. We were kind of able to learn from each of them and incorporate a lot of that. So I think it would be hard for someone to match that.

What is he playing NFS PC, god knows but since then I have never taken anything he says seriously.

Mascot

If there's one thing that can't be criticised about FM5, it's the graphics. You won't see a prettier launch title anywhere.

This thread, man. This thread.

Btw racing cars have a darkened sticker on top to ease off the sun effect.

I was about to say something like that, main reason why a lot of racing cars have that band across the windshield.

That IGN vid has motion blur because that's obviously the replay camera (30fps with motion blur) while ingame it's 60 fps with NO motion blur.
It's been like this in the past 3 forza motorsport, but nice try.

sort of sucks if the motion blur still has to be disabled in-race on next gen hardware, but I have a feeling this is what's going on here.

spwolf

people need to relax and wait for the final games in order to judge how good they are graphically... so far apparently someone finds every single next gen game looking like PS360 game, makes me wonder how many PS360 games they play :).

patchday

That had to be bad video encoding I'm not going to pass a bad judgement on them based on that video. I don't put my full trust in youtube's compression. Looking forward to seeing side-by-side videos. Forza 5 vs Forza 4

I played DriveClub at E3 and it was.... meh.... but there was that nice mode where you had to best a rival during a lap or turna and drift better than them, or just beat thwe lap time and stuff like that and it was pretty addicting. But I couldnt figure if the game was arcade or sim lol... but then again Im not usually expert in driving games.

eso76

I was about to say something like that, main reason why a lot of racing cars have that band across the windshield.

sort of sucks if the motion blur still has to be disabled in-race on next gen hardware, but I have a feeling this is what's going on here.

It's 60 fps...no need for motion blur, although I personally like the look of mb.

Jaggies are also due to the crappy scaler they used. Colours are off too.
This is what forzavista looks like:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K-okY2QUhuI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK-okY2QUhuI
Running on the real Xbox hardware, there's obviously something wrong with twitch video

Naked Lunch

If there's one thing that can't be criticised about FM5, it's the graphics. You won't see a prettier launch title anywhere.

You can also say the gameplay too which is pretty much unmatched these days - but hey, who cares about that anymore right? All about the 60fps too.

patchday

@chubigans, Nice post DriveClub looks very good. I just wish they featured some real life tracks. iRacing has really spoiled me over the years. It really taught me what a true sim should contain (pace cars, flags, pit boxes, etc). Still looking forward to checking it out though

I agree with some of the opinions on Dan Greenwalt (spelling?). He always felt like a PR guy too me. Don't get me wrong he does a good job at pushing this game I give him his respect. But I know the GT creator actually 'lives' the life of a real racer. Too me, Dan is just more of a car enthusiast. Not a bad thing but not quite on Kaz's level. I don't think I've ever seen Kaz use a gamepad. I'm sure someone can prove me wrong. But all the time I see Kaz he's playing the game with a steering wheel.

I'm obviously a GT fan through-and-through but still mildly interested in seeing how Forza 5 fares

Weird. The cars looked great but Laguna looked really bad. Next gen cars on a last gen track. Laguna could pass off as 360 footage. Compression of the video doesn't help either.

People are criticizing this particular footage. Obviously if someone posted gamersyde vid of prague then the reaction would be different.

And someone hasn't seen the 900mb+ b-roll Killzone mp vid.

eso76

Not just me. Ask anyone you know who saw Drive Club in person. Most next generation games are way cleaner IQ wise.

I'm sure iq will improve, and scenery looks great.
I trust driveclub will deliver in the graphics department.

as for fm5, look at what you've done, t10 ! Now you really have to release some decent directfeed 60fps 1080p footage !

Top Bottom