• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 5 |OT| (feat. April O'Neal) Tuesdays 8/7c on Megan FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

I think this show has a hard time finding it's groove, and when it finally does, it doesn't stick with it for very long.

Hannah Simone and Zooey are the weakest points of the show.

Coach is back for an episode and Fox is supposed to make an appearance soon.

Let's see where this goes.

Dereck

Coach is back! For an episode.

No Girl
With Jess sequestered at jury duty, Nick turns the loft into an air b-n-b in order to help pay for Schmidt's upcoming bachelor party. Meanwhile, Winston asks Cece for help when he suspects KC is cheating on him in the all-new.

Dereck

jRtesuY.gif

iwyvN8R.gif

This episode was incredible. Easily the best episode so far.

The Toyko bit in the beginning was the hardest I've laughed in a while.

big ander

really funny one last night. Winston and Cece are an awesome pairing, loved them making fun of the dress. "why is there a spot for batteries?" "So the glass can light up...we were really excited about that feature" as good as the timeless combo of Nick and Schmidt. loved Schmidt's life plan had it built in that Nick wouldn't want to live straight to 2098 so he's frozen for a time. also the full glass of milk. and Bill Burr being stung on the penis by five different bees on five days in a row.
Episode worked really well on a story level too-- Nick has turned his life around a lot and it's fun to see him and the show grapple with that. he has a savings account!

Random Joe Wengert background cameo as the "I botched it! Three strikes and you're out!" guy, lol

Dereck

Episode 6:
Reagan
- A beautiful pharmaceutical rep (Megan Fox) agrees to sublet Jess' room while she remains on a sequestered jury.

aparisi2274

Schmidt trying to process the idea of CeCe and Regan hooking up at MTV Beach house was hysterical.

Also, when Nick got kicked in the face in her hotel room, that was great.

G0523

So, that was the 100th episode last night. Kinda neat how they did it with another New Girl. Lol. Out of curiosity, have there been any other shows ever that have aired their 100th episode without the main character? This is the first I've ever seen of such a thing.

Karu

Don't agree with their review (or the comment section for that matter) at all. Last week's Reagan and last night's episode were both faaaaantastic. Really liking the Reagan-Arc so far.

big ander

I thought this was the funniest ep of the season so far. I'm still not completely sold on Reagan—the gang coming together to lie for her at the end was a bit of a stretch—but as long as the show is this funny I'm willing to let it feel out the relationships for longer. The entire run about the treehouse had me dying. Also Winston's list of ways he's been broken up with

Edit: oh and the detail of Nick eating nachos out of a souvenir helmet. At home.

I liked that episode a lot. I wasn't sure about the addition of Megan Fox, but she's really funny. Overall I'm really impressed with how they've worked through the main character's absence. It's a credit to how good the cast is and how much their characters have developed since the first season. Winston really steals every scene he's in.

DJ_Lae

Not sure if it's just due to the loss of Jess, but the last couple of episodes have been great.

Oh, who am I kidding. I always thought Zoey was the weak link. Megan Fox isn't spectacular but she does deadpan well and more Cece is always a good thing.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I know she's the lead character, but I really wish Zoey wouldn't return at all. Jess sucks and brings down every scene she's in. Last few epsiodes have been the most enjoyable since Season 1.

big ander

see now THIS I cannot agree with. I still love Jess. I've been rewatching plenty of the show lately and she is key in the best episodes in a way I can't see Fox pulling off yet/ever.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
see now THIS I cannot agree with. I still love Jess. I've been rewatching plenty of the show lately and she is key in the best episodes in a way I can't see Fox pulling off yet/ever.

Why can't Cece be the female lead? It doesn't have to be Fox.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
CeCe isnt too funny herself - then again every female on the show can be very funny if paired up with Winston..lol.

woodland

Agree with Jess being horrible. Haven't seen the Fox episode(s) yet but good lord does Jess ruin so much for me. All her humor is just awkward cringe.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Jess is the worst easily, they could do with toning her down a little at least.

spookyfish

Not sure if it's just due to the loss of Jess, but the last couple of episodes have been great.

Oh, who am I kidding. I always thought Zoey was the weak link. Megan Fox isn't spectacular but she does deadpan well and more Cece is always a good thing.

It is nice to see Winston and Cece get a lot more screen time. The "Say Yes to the Dress" parody was awesome.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I know she's the lead character, but I really wish Zoey wouldn't return at all. Jess sucks and brings down every scene she's in. Last few epsiodes have been the most enjoyable since Season 1.
This is a bizzarre overstatement.
Brings down every scene she's in?
That's essentially just saying you don'f like the show right? She's in most of the scenes.

ZeroX03

Banned
I have not missed Jess at all these recent episodes. Now Coach. I definitely miss Coach.

They also have to do more work with Cece now that she can't just be the straight man who occasionally pops in.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I never thought that this show had gotten as bad as many people did, and with Jess on leave I'm still liking it just as much as ever. Winston Bishop, AKA Winnie the Bish AKAKA Brown Lightning, is a national treasure. And the whole end scene tonight with the Japanese crime family and the treehouse had me giggling like a madman.

The funniest single scene of the last two seasons is still Nick and Jess talking about the popcorn maker/Cece's vagina in "Spider Hunt."

Funniest overall episode from the last two is "Background Check."

Salaadin

I have not missed Jess at all these recent episodes. Now Coach. I definitely miss Coach.

They also have to do more work with Cece now that she can't just be the straight man who occasionally pops in.

I'm glad Coach is gone. I loved him in the premiere but his full season was dull. Felt like he was just there to be there. I think he works better as an occasional character.

I don't dislike Jess but I do think it's interesting that the show is named after her yet it's completely fine without her.

DJ_Lae

Coach was not my favourite character either - he seemed sort of unnecessary alongside Winston and Schmidt and didn't add much.

I don't hate Jess, I suppose, but she was never all that crucial to anything that happened. She isn't relatable, she is rarely funny, and those lensless glasses drive me nuts.

Weirdly, the only complaint my wife had about the past two episodes is that without Jess there is no normal looking woman left, just two hot chicks.

Romez

These episodes are showing how irrelevant Jess is. Winston, Nick or Schmidt you would miss a lot if they were gone.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
These episodes are showing how irrelevant Jess is. Winston, Nick or Schmidt you would miss a lot if they were gone.

I just watched the first episode with Reagan a few minutes ago, and I have to agree. I didn't even noticed Jess was gone. They have all the character dynamics covered with the squad they have now.

valeo

Coach was not my favourite character either - he seemed sort of unnecessary alongside Winston and Schmidt and didn't add much.

I don't hate Jess, I suppose, but she was never all that crucial to anything that happened. She isn't relatable, she is rarely funny, and those lensless glasses drive me nuts.

Weirdly, the only complaint my wife had about the past two episodes is that without Jess there is no normal looking woman left, just two hot chicks.

Winnie the Bish's police office lady seems normal looking

This show is still consistently good. Some episodes are average, but every ep makes me laugh hard at least once.

The star of the show is Nick for me. If that character wasn't in it, I wouldn't watch. Him and Schmidt bounce off of each other brilliantly - and Winston has his own weird thing which has evolved over the last few seasons into something really funny too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom