• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 5 |OT| (feat. April O'Neal) Tuesdays 8/7c on Megan FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

HtkjlsW.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I love this show so much and I'm not really into comedies normally.

leng jai

Haven't watched this show since season 2. Only reason I came back was because I heard Megan Fox was on for Jess for a while. It's a better dynamic than with Jess, her dead pan delivery actually works well.

Haven't watched this show since season 2. Only reason I came back was because I heard Megan Fox was on for Jess for a while. It's a better dynamic than with Jess, her dead pan delivery actually works well.

Season 3 was a step down from 2, but improved a bit towards the end. But season 4 was nearly as good as season 2 for me. Background Check and Spider Hunt were two of the funniest episodes of the series. Really, watch those or just go through season 4. It was a great return to form for the show.

Dereck

New episode:
Heat Wave - Nick and Reagan compete to see who can provide the loft with the best air conditioner; Winston and Schmidt help Cece prepare for a newscaster audition.

Promo

DJ_Lae

Season 3 was a step down from 2, but improved a bit towards the end. But season 4 was nearly as good as season 2 for me. Background Check and Spider Hunt were two of the funniest episodes of the series. Really, watch those or just go through season 4. It was a great return to form for the show.

I think I missed all of season 4 because season 3 just killed off any interest I had in the show. I didn't have the heart to go back until I heard the stuff about Megan Fox coming on, and I've been very pleasantly surprised with her presence (I'll try not to say anything further about Jess).

I think I missed all of season 4 because season 3 just killed off any interest I had in the show. I didn't have the heart to go back until I heard the stuff about Megan Fox coming on, and I've been very pleasantly surprised with her presence (I'll try not to say anything further about Jess).

Season 4 is right up there with the best man. They course corrected so hard after season 3.

jb1234

Yeah, I gave up near the beginning of season 3 and have resumed it but am seriously considering just skipping to season 4 because I'm finding it really dull.

TripOpt55

Megan Fox has been quite good on here. Wasn't sure how it would go with her, but I have been enjoying this stretch quite a bit.

Dereck

Let's hope now that Megan and Nick are gonna likely become a thing, that that thing that they become doesn't end up being the thing that makes season 5 suck.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I had completely forgotten how hot Megan Fox still is. So far I like her more and more on the show because of her more grounded Persona in a house full of nuts.

I already know it will suck once she is gone.

XAL

Too bad Megan only has one episode left. Fun's over guys.

I think it's time to give Zoey the boot. She's not fun, the whole show was supposed to be based around her quirkiness - but literally everyone else on the cast is the reason to watch the show. She's not a draw anymore.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Aside from Megan, I've really enjoyed the odd pairing of Cece and Winston. That's something that wouldn't happen at all with Jess in the picture.

Coolluck

Not a fan of the most recent episode. Nick hasn't been hitting it for me recently. I don't believe he could get Reagan either. Winston continues to be the best.

big ander

Fox hasn't been all that special. she's fine, and them having to temporarily retool has led the writers to discover how great pairings like Winston/Cece can be which is super valuable. but Reagan's just not that funny, and I don't buy her liking Nick (even for this short stretch, it would be super unbelievable if she were to stick around)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Fox hasn't been all that special. she's fine, and them having to temporarily retool has led the writers to discover how great pairings like Winston/Cece can be which is super valuable. but Reagan's just not that funny, and I don't buy her liking Nick (even for this short stretch, it would be super unbelievable if she were to stick around)

I don't need the show to be believable, I need it to be entertaining and she's better than Jess.

aparisi2274

Am I the only who thinks the show has been better without Jess? Nothing against Zooey, but if they got rid of her tomorrow, I'd still watch this show.

Dice//

Banned
Am I the only who thinks the show has been better without Jess? Nothing against Zooey, but if they got rid of her tomorrow, I'd still watch this show.

Yes and no? I definitely think the guys are the strongest for their comedy routines. I actually like Zooey best on the show when she plays 'the straight character' and points out how goofy the others are. Megan was a great twist on common tropes; she was sexy, but usually wanted to be alone, a femme fatale, but kinda played everyone. I wouldn't mind her sticking around longer and joining on though along with Jess and Cece.

valeo

I've always watched this show for Nick + Schmidt so don't care if Fox or Jess are there, though they are both good foils.

big ander

I don't need the show to be believable, I need it to be entertaining and she's better than Jess.
Alright: I don't think Fox is all that entertaining either. she's not very funny. I laugh at Jess sometimes. I've always felt like I enjoy Jess a lot more than a lot of the New Girl viewers here, she's funny and plays off the guys well. Reagan hasn't escaped feeling like a stunt role to me.

it's what this whole page has been about my dude

theWB27

Winston and nick are the funniest characters for me.

It's great they both have good things going for them yet they still make you feel like nothing at all is happening.

With that said..I think people are getting caught up on Reagan because she's the only part of the group that isn't goofy or awkward. Even moreso than cece.

One she becomes part of the group and they pull her into a bit their goofiness, that Reagan effect will wear off.

The trick is the entire cast needs a straight man. Jess was that straight man, but she's become increasingly as odd as the rest. In contrast, Reagan is a little weird, but definitely operates as the straight the crew needs at the moment. New Girl needs someone who is not really a part of the insanity.

I assume given an equal amount of time on the show, Reagan would get increasingly odder like Jess is currently.

EDIT: (I see two others have made a similar argument already.)

Dereck

New episode:
Goosebumps Walkaway - Jess attempts to discover the real identity of a juror who was sequestered with her; Reagan prepares to move on; Winston and Cece help Schmidt overcome his fear of public dancing.

Promo

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Jake Johnson with a clean shaven face looks like he could be a cousin of Oscar Isaac. It is messing with my head.
No joke, my friend thought Jake was in Force Awakens. He didn't see Star Wars (cause he just hates all nerd culture stuff for whatever reason), but I was talking to him about it and he kept saying "Nick" when referring to Poe. I was so confused until I was like, "Who the fuck is this Nick in Star Wars???" Then he's like, "Nick, from New Girl", then it clicked and I set him straight.

ZeroX03

Banned
For the "100th"
+4
episode, they sure gave Jake Johnson some of his best material and made a compelling case for why Jess is the worst. Just because she hasn't been on for a while doesn't mean the show needed to go full quirk. Lord that was awful.

Bring back Reagan asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom