• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Motorstorm images (online mode, mud, and night racing)

jett

D-Member
Agent Icebeezy said:
Where is the fun in this?

Hello and welcome to 95% of arcade racers.

It does blow, and plenty. I wish death upon whoever first brought "rubber-banding" to racers.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
jett said:
Hello and welcome to 95% of arcade racers.

It does blow, and plenty. I wish death upon whoever first brought "rubber-banding" to racers.

I don't notice it that much in RR6 or Burnout Revenge, if at all.

No lights at night adds to the chaos theme of the game. One must remember the star of the show are the tracks. Not being able to see that far in front, forces you to learn all the knooks and crannies of the path you choose, Almost like driving blind, equals more brutal crashes and an equal amount of blind side ambushes.

ram

bishoptl said:
The so-called lack of rubber banding in Burnout Revenge.

come on , if youre a skilled driver, you can drive the whole game in front of the enemies. the rubber band ist really unnoteable in "revenge".

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
bishoptl said:
The so-called lack of rubber banding in Burnout Revenge.

In my case as far as Revenge, I don't notice it. Then again, i didn't play it that long. It's been a while since I've played it. Looking at my profile on Xbox.com, I haven't played it since June 7th, and it came out in March. I only have 65 achievement points for that game. I got those March 10th. I was too busy playing GRAW then.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Doom_Bringer said:
rubber band ai sucks ass, but at least the ai in this is aggressive

Rubber banding is fine if it allows opponents to reach you AND STAY CLOSE BEHIND YOU so that if you fail, they win. But in Motorstorm, in the hard races at least, they not only reach you, but they OVERTAKE you, even if you are going at top speed and even if your vehicle is the fastest of the bunch. It doesn't make sense, and feels utterly unfair.

ram

Doom_Bringer said:
sounds like the same problem as Burnout 3 and I hated that game because of the ai :(

Well at least motorstorm has an online mode :D

burnout 3 has a online mode too. ~_~

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
Rubber banding is fine if it allows opponents to reach you AND STAY CLOSE BEHIND YOU so that if you fail, they win. But in Motorstorm, in the hard races at least, they not only reach you, but they OVERTAKE you, even if you are going at top speed and even if your vehicle is the fastest of the bunch. It doesn't make sense, and feels utterly unfair.

They also have boost though, and you can't be boosting all the time. On simple courses I really don't have any problems with losing leads on a bike if I'm driving well, I usually can keep a pretty nice lead. In the hard races there are other factors that make it hard to keep a hefty lead, especially when there are multiple paths and one might not be taking the absolute fastest path even if one is driving well.

I heavily dislike when a game designs its core gameplay content around rubberbanding. However, it's a ton of fun when you're just messing around and you don't care if you win or lose, It's inclusion as an option would always be welcome.

Gadeus

I just downloaded the demo onto my new PS3 and just blew 2 hours finding interesting ways to crash; I cannot wait for this game to come out. I'm really disappointed they don't let you plow into the audience though, the second you get close the game warps you back onto the track.

TTP said:
It makes you play more agressive in order to win. It was the same in Burnout 3, you had to take out opponents all the time.

Kittonwy

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
It makes you play more agressive in order to win. It was the same in Burnout 3, you had to take out opponents all the time.

I've exploded across the finish line a couple of times TODAY to win a couple of races, it was THAT close, especially sidewinder gulch, which is hard for me, I find it pretty treacherous.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
are the Night races in the japanese version as well, or new for the US release?

wotter

New screens, didn't want to make a new thread:

132668590br9ei.jpg

134753490sm3vg.jpg

534795622qm8gi.jpg

929252647vt4bo.jpg

And some more gif material:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBWzxcbMmqo

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
That just testifies how stupid it was not to include a replay functionality (in the JPN version at least). Imagine if you could share replays a la GTHD...

Udde

OMFG, that video is awesome. I was already sold on motorstorm, but after watching this video I'll buy 2 copies :D

Cell powered, indeed ;)

Dante

OMG @ those new shots :O

I usually hit the demo up once a day, I finally got first place using motion control :)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
wotter said:

whoa that was awesome. dare i say this game looks almost like the E3 video way back when.

TTP said:
That just testifies how stupid it was not to include a replay functionality (in the JPN version at least). Imagine if you could share replays a la GTHD...

that would be sick dude. sick as in AWESOME. The videos would not be about achieving first place but showing the most crazy crashes EVER. A huge truck falling on a biker, whoa.

-Rogue5-

stewy said:
Precisely what I was wondering.

Mud looks great, but I hope the ruts really affect the handling like they promised.

The ruts have NOT affected the handling - at least not noticeably - in everything I've played (which I'll assume is somewhat close to final code, seeing as how it was released in Japan already.) I made a point of checking it out too, because it's one of the features that is drawing me towards this title. So yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath.

man this game has really fropped off my radar due to lack of modes, split screen and only 8 tracks.

I am hoping against hope they add something to the US release.( i know they added online)

The camera behind the motor puts me of though. It looks like it is too tight. This probably has been done to cater to the players using the motion sensor but I'd like the camera to be somewhat looser.

Otherwise, this game looks like it is going to rock online_O_

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
neojubei said:
whoa that was awesome. dare i say this game looks almost like the E3 video way back when.

that would be sick dude. sick as in AWESOME. The videos would not be about achieving first place but showing the most crazy crashes EVER. A huge truck falling on a biker, whoa.

Have you played the PSN demo? In first person view mode in a few parts it's pretty close to the E3 target render. :)

MS is shaping up to be really awesome...I just wish they would get rid of the sprites they're using as weeds...I'd rather have bare rock honestly.

Kabuki Waq said:
man this game has really fropped off my radar due to lack of modes, split screen and only 8 tracks.

I am hoping against hope they add something to the US release.( i know they added online)

I heard that there will possibly be downloadable tracks.

Top Bottom