• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Motorstorm images (online mode, mud, and night racing)

Das-J said:
Photoshop FTW, check out the flags... same in every screen. As I recall, those are in motion in-game. :lol Still, I can't wait to play online... I just hope we get some headlights!

Developers have more intresting things to do than replaying several times a race to generate different mud shapes. It's much easier modifiying the stored information about this concrete ground, and rendering it again.

Do you think that in promo pics there's a player and an screenshooter working together? They just put everything where it looks good, and take the shot. It'll be stupid trying one time after another until they take a good one...

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Anyone know where these pics are from originally? By which I mean, who took them?

ms38ro.jpg

ms29in.jpg

Looks really good. :)

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Is there any news as to whether or not they'll let you turn off those SUPER EXTREME SLOW-MOTION REPLAYS of every accident I make? It really destroys the flow of the game.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Why do you people keeping posting threads about this game? Its been out now for two months.
confused.gif

BIG BUBBA said:
Is there any news as to whether or not they'll let you turn off those SUPER EXTREME SLOW-MOTION REPLAYS of every accident I make? It really destroys the flow of the game.

I don't think that's a design choice...

BIG BUBBA

Did I mention it's time to cancel my Ratchet and Clank preorder yet?
Dry Oatmeal said:
I don't think that's a design choice...

How isn't it a design choice? Sometimes I don't get the crash replays, and I immediately reappear as a blinking "ghost" of myself. I like that. Other times, however, I am forced to watch a 15 second slow-motion clip of myself falling. The option to disable these replays would be great, and I think easy to achieve.

bishoptl said:
What do you mean?

prozac.jpg

They are availible via prescription only. Maybe a few weeks on these puppies will help you get things back on track.

You are ruining the forum. Ban youself and take a nice 2 week cruise? Things will still be here when you return I'm sure.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Dry Oatmeal said:
prozac.jpg

They are availible via prescription only. Maybe a few weeks on these puppies will help you get things back on track.

You are ruining the forum. Ban youself and take a nice 2 week cruise? Things will still be here when you return I'm sure.
You didn't answer my question.

bishoptl said:
You didn't answer my question.

Someone already did. You wanna threaten me I'll shit down your neck.

Or are you really that thick that you didn't understand the premise of my original post.

Sooo...anyone want to take a shot at the fallacy of what Gek54 and the unfortunate Dry Oatmeal was suggesting?

Anyone? It seems pretty easy guys. It's not that hard.

Oneself

WTF? I think I missed something :lol@Dry Oatmeal

I think the slow mo crashes are a design choice.. cause I've seen others (CPU) crash a lot and it does not slow down...

seanoff

I suspect its a DEMO design choice.

sort of "hey this looks spectacular, lets make the demo do that" I suspect (hope) that the final game has a option to turn it on and off esp given that AI opponents don't slow mo and online it would f*** up the game.

Design choice...let's see...

A game can't handle the graphical and physics calculations at a decent framerate....so it shows it slowdown at 30 fps still...er...

Hmmmm....

Cars can slam, crash, break apart, riders flung apart in the middle of races which some can be caused by you no less...yet if it's the player's crash it slows down because...it can't handle it now?

A video of a truck being sideswiped by a flipping car crashing into it with the player on a motorcycle just narrowly missing being squished by being in between the two vehicles it can handle....but a crash on the part of the player it can't at full speed....would certainly be funny programming and polishing issues.

Rody

Gek54 said:
Ever played a game that slows down becuase there is a ton of physics being calculated all at once?

I have experienced slowdown on games, of course. I just don't know if it was caused by physics or whatever.
But why would "MotorStorm" slow down if when the AI racers crash it doesn't?

Gek54

Rody said:
I have experienced slowdown on games, of course. I just don't know if it was caused by physics or whatever.
But why would "MotorStorm" slow down if when the AI racers crash it doesn't?

AI crashes are much more simplified in comparison to what all is moving around in your crash. I am pretty sure the burnout games had to do the same thing.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Rody said:
Not in the USA nor Europe.
I don't know about Europe... but it was a launch game in the US. I know b/c I saw it running on the store kiosk (played by someone else, not me.)

Steroyd

Gek54 said:
AI crashes are much more simplified in comparison to what all is moving around in your crash. I am pretty sure the burnout games had to do the same thing.

Burnout had the option to slow mo Crashes in Takedown so you can control the where the debris goes.

Burnout Revenge slow moed to highlight type of takedown both Burnouts could do Crash mode at full speed where the Framerate would be hammered the most I bet Motorstorm Crashes online will go at full speed to for multiplayer reasons.

Kittonwy

Banned
Zaptruder said:
That was an intresting meltdown.

"I'll shit down your neck!"

Vitriolic!

Just the visual imagery alone is very unsanitary. Damn, why do I have to have a mental image of everything?
Indifferent2.gif

Kittonwy

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Design choice...let's see...

A game can't handle the graphical and physics calculations at a decent framerate....so it shows it slowdown at 30 fps still...er...

Hmmmm....

Cars can slam, crash, break apart, riders flung apart in the middle of races which some can be caused by you no less...yet if it's the player's crash it slows down because...it can't handle it now?

A video of a truck being sideswiped by a flipping car crashing into it with the player on a motorcycle just narrowly missing being squished by being in between the two vehicles it can handle....but a crash on the part of the player it can't at full speed....would certainly be funny programming and polishing issues.

I agree. In the Japanese version, in sidewinder gulch near the start there's a bridge where all the AI try to squeeze through and you can have 7-8 cars literally crash together, cars flipping, pieces flying all over the place and the game doesn't really go slow-mo.

Rody

Gek54 said:

Hmmm... I'm not convinced.

Gahiggidy said:
I don't know about Europe... but it was a launch game in the US. I know b/c I saw it running on the store kiosk (played by someone else, not me.)

Was it running on the kiosk at your aunt's Mom & Pop store? Maybe she held the exclusive launch party.

You saw a demo.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Dry Oatmeal said:
Someone already did. You wanna threaten me I'll shit down your neck.

Or are you really that thick that you didn't understand the premise of my original post.

wow...dry oatmeal is crazy!!

but very :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BIG BUBBA said:
How isn't it a design choice? Sometimes I don't get the crash replays, and I immediately reappear as a blinking "ghost" of myself. I like that. Other times, however, I am forced to watch a 15 second slow-motion clip of myself falling. The option to disable these replays would be great, and I think easy to achieve.

Press any button during that to stop it and get back to the track.

Top Bottom