• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Motorstorm images (online mode, mud, and night racing)

POINT.jpg

Zen

Banned
TTP said:
Press any button during that to stop it and get back to the track.

Personally I'd rather have the ability to just turn off the slowdown in the crash. Make that optional, I don't want everything to slow down every single time. Make the slowdown optional, to me it disrupts the flow.

KGKK

Banned
Gek54 said:
What the hell? New neogaf emoticon?

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Personally I'd rather have the ability to just turn off the slowdown in the crash. Make that optional, I don't want everything to slow down every single time. Make the slowdown optional, to me it disrupts the flow.

My god some people are just never satisfied and always find some shit to complain about.

KGKK said:
My god some people are just never satisfied and always find some shit to complain about.

Huh? The Man has a valid complaint. It gets really annoying in the demo even.

If i want to see the replay of the crash ill just watch the replay...............

Raistlin

Kabuki Waq said:
Huh? The Man has a valid complaint. It gets really annoying in the demo even.

If i want to see the replay of the crash ill just watch the replay...............

Then hit the button.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Played the game today at the Sony store. I see what people mean by saying it seems 'slow'. Wasn't as impressed as screens lead me to believe I'd be.

Zen

Banned
KGKK said:

Huh? It's not like I'm complaining about a minut detail or the game. Given the (apparent) frequency of the crashes I'd say how the presentation of the player crash is handled should have some options to suit the taste of who ever is playing it.

It's not like the crash sequence is a Gameplay feature, it's a presentation feature and obviously it's the sort of thing that works for some people but not for others. That's exactly why the devs give you the option to turn it off.

Now I'm pretty sure in I'll get to a skill level in the game where crashing too often might not be that big off an issue, but even still, what's so bad about allowing people to disable the slowdown on the crash? I've played the Kiosk demo often enough and I can tell you that there are times I'd rather just see the crash in realtime instead of having everything (inluding the sound) slow down for 10 seconds or however long it takes. I'm racing on my motorbike with choas all around me and I think "This is motorstorm". The music is blarring, I'm speeding through the dirt and being rammed by bigger vehicles, knocking the other bikers off or flipping off the truck driver and it's all moving very quickly.

And sometimes when that ccrash slowdown come, to me it just stops the rythm of the game. It's like 'ok, time to watch everything go very slowly for a couple seconds... wait for it...." Now I've respawned time to start excellerating. To me taking the slowdown out actually makes crashes feel more visceral.

(not every time just some of the times)

Maybe this is 'niptpicking', but like I said this is a presentation feature, and presentation is SUPOSE to be finely tuned and executed to draw people in. So in a game why not allow people to control the slowdown in realtime with one of the shoulder buttons, or pause it (which you can do already) even 'rewind' it or record it. Let people experience the crash how they want to experience it. Because that would be fricking awesome.

As is, I'll be happy if they allow you to toggle slowdown, because I want to fly right into that sign watch me burst into flames with the music blarring, and then jump right back into it with the throttle pressed hard to make up for the lost distance. But I want that to all feel like a seamless transition. To me the slowdown can break that, but I still want to SEE the crash because the crash is awesome.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Honestly he's right. Sony has some awful screengrabber guys.

Probably Xbots in disguise.

Nozi

Banned
jett said:
The off-screen shots taken by "adam" are more impressive than anything Evolution Studios has released. :p

Off-screen shots cover up aliasing, add light and contrast and generally fill in the gaps with nice artefacting. Motorstorm looks gorgeous in direct feed, I think the latest shots look better than anything from adam.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Not the one you posted above tho

it screams "Dont buy me I'm shitty graphics with no light and stuff"

Nozi

Banned
TTP said:

it screams "Dont buy me I'm shitty graphics with no light and stuff"

not that one, i just found it interesting as i've crashed numerous times in that spot and seen similar replays.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
awesome shots, playscope is on a roll.

Though, I can't help but feel that motorstorm has enough exposure as it is, theres a couple other games sony has upcoming they could market just as much. Anyways, can't wait to play the NA version.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Zen said:
Huh? It's not like I'm complaining about a minut detail or the game. Given the (apparent) frequency of the crashes I'd say how the presentation of the player crash is handled should have some options to suit the taste of who ever is playing it.
You just wrote, what, five paragraphs about something that can actually be skipped. As far as I remember, all you have to do it press some of the face buttons and the crash sequence is skipped.

TTP said:
He always does that ;) Along with some comment like "this area looks like it will be fun to play". Coincidence? Dum-dum-dum!

DaCocoBrova said:
Played the game today at the Sony store. I see what people mean by saying it seems 'slow'. Wasn't as impressed as screens lead me to believe I'd be.
For what it's worth, the downloadable demo looks better and move smoother and faster than the in-store demo. And that's before you activate any nitrous. They really dropped the ball with that in-store demo, and apparently have no intent of replacing it.

Zen

Banned
Marconelly said:
You just wrote, what, five paragraphs about something that can actually be skipped. As far as I remember, all you have to do it press some of the face buttons and the crash sequence is skipped.

Yeah I thought I explained everything fairly well, and I realize it can be skipped but that doesn't have much to do with what I was gettign at with my post. Since you obviously read what I said I'm pretty sure you know I was talking about the presentation of the crash itself and how they could and imo should allow people to tailor it.

JB1981

DaCocoBrova said:

we've been over this countless times. the kiosk demo is an old, sluggish build with framerate drops. the one available over the PSN is much improved.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
DaCocoBrova said:

The demo I played at CES was anything but slow...

Remy

Zen said:

I am frightened to carry this line of dialog on, but: do you feel the same way about Burnout?

Screw official screens! The new image capturing GS is using kicks major ass. Look at these beautiful non touched up gameplay screens (From the PSN demo)

928393_122006_screen001.jpg

928393_122006_screen008.jpg

Motorostorm isn't slow, it doesn't have slowdown and it doesn't have horrible jaggies.

STOP HATING

Zen

Banned
Remy said:
I am frightened to carry this line of dialog on, but: do you feel the same way about Burnout?

What if I said sure =\
I've hardly played Burnout aside from a demo of revenge

Seriously there's no harm in just including an option to disable the slowdown. =|

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
The PS3 Kiosk demo really is shit compared to the PSN demo.

I don't know why Sony is still using the shitty kiosk build...it's hurting this game and it's hurting PS3.

Sony'd do a lot better with the PSN demo in there instead. It's a huge improvement....Motorstorm is AWESOME.

Top Bottom