• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil Revelations Info From AndriaSang [Update: New Screenshots In OP]

...Well, it's official. This game alone will be the reason I buy the 3DS. At a reasonable price. Still, I'm actually semi-floored at how good the game looks. Color me impressed.

Disclaimer: I' haven't been keeping up with 3DS related news.

Graphics Horse said:
I agree with that part but not the rest, why would they go to the trouble of enlarging a direct screenshot by 50% and then manually touching it up? I have no idea what the laser sight is meant to look like, wispy appearance to make it look like it's reacting to the atmosphere or solid red bar? Hard to tell from a screenshot.
you can see that the pixel size of the laser site matches the pixel size of the hud elements.

you can spot other edges and aliasing that show the same original pixel size.

it's been scaled up and touched up, probably just to make the screenshots larger.

in the shot with Jill and the laser sight you can clearly see the remnants of aliasing in the ceiling girders. i'd bet pixel counters could confirm the original resolution of these shots from those girders.

these do not have the IQ of something rendered at this resolution, or rendered at a higher resolution and scaled down.

the laser sight is neither wispy or a solid red bar. it is clearly pixelated at a level that would suggest it was scaled up.

Curufinwe said:
id53dt.jpg

???

look at all the... erm... shoulders?

plagiarize said:
you can see that the pixel size of the laser site matches the pixel size of the hud elements.

the laser sight is neither wispy or a solid red bar. it is clearly pixelated at a level that would suggest it was scaled up.

Cheers, that might explain it, one explanation of that could be it's been rendered in an off screen buffer at native resolution for some reason, a bit like GT5's smoke except at 400x240 res. Anyway I'd forgotten I'd decided not to bother discussing image quality until the game comes out, bit silly really.

Boney

Banned
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
...Well, it's official. This game alone will be the reason I buy the 3DS. At a reasonable price. Still, I'm actually semi-floored at how good the game looks. Color me impressed.

Disclaimer: I' haven't been keeping up with 3DS related news.
Paper Mario.

USD

plagiarize said:
look at all the... erm... shoulders?
If you don't think that Jill was hella sexy in that outfit, I don't know what to tell you. 12-year-old me was ready to fap to that shit, and I never even played the game.

John Harker said:
Jill's face looks a bit odd... she kinda reminds me of Lara a bit... but damn the game does look good. Though I wish they didn't try to sex her up with tight blue skinsuit. She used to be such a classy lockpicker ::sigh::

Humm. Wonder if alot of developers dream of the same female......

Graphically it looks incredible. Love that they claim this is going to be more like older RE games. They better bring back the maze like locations with locked doors and keys. This is the game I want most for the 3DS.

.la1n

MiamiWesker said:
Graphically it looks incredible. Love that they claim this is going to be more like older RE games. They better bring back the maze like locations with locked doors and keys. This is the game I want most for the 3DS.

Agreed. I fell for the RE5 hype only to get stuck with a semi-ok co-op action game. I will wait until the game is out before I declare i'm buying a 3DS just for the game.

Fruitster

Really liking the look of this game so far. If it takes us back to the styling of the earlier Resi titles then all the better. I did like both 4 and 5, but even so, old style horror and survival would be a good thing to return to.

And the new face model for Jill - not a fan. It just doesn't look like Jill for me.

USD said:
If you don't think that Jill was hella sexy in that outfit, I don't know what to tell you. 12-year-old me was ready to fap to that shit, and I never even played the game.
you thinking she looked sexy in a certain outfit doesn't make it risque.

also, i don't think using what a 12 year old boy would fap too would be a very good standard for deciding if something is sexy or not.

BDGAME

s-shot8_l.jpg

I'm looking in this pic, the enemies close to camera look a lot better than that one in the top right. I believe that is because of tessellation effect of PICA200.

It's a good method to save polygons and, I believe, the first time a handled use it.

I can't tell, the nearby ones are hardly high poly. He isn't projecting a shadow which seems to be the main difference, alternatively he could be a very small enemy floating near the screen.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
BDGAME said:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bhm3ds/img/s-shot8_l.jpg

I'm looking in this pic, the enemies close to camera look a lot better than that one in the top right. I believe that is because of tessellation effect of PICA200.

It's a good method to save polygons and, I believe, the first time a handled use it.

Just looks like standard LOD that a vast majority of games use to optimise triangle counts for objects in the distance.

Ericescobar15 said:
I mean, it's not like I expect it to display one million troops, or anything.

7 or 8 enemies on the screen is the minimun for a good Mercs mode experience, there are 5 on that shot, so we are almost there...

Kenka

Ericescobar15 said:
I mean, it's not like I expect it to display one million troops, or anything.

Jesus, I was just browsing Maoki Maeda's facebook page when I read what you wrote :) The link to Tak Fuji is obvious :lol

wsippel

Banned
BDGAME said:

As EatChildren said, that's most likely LoD. Tessellation will probably mostly be used for objects that are either not animated, or animated planes (like water surfaces or curtains).

seeing those HUD screens are D: :O <3 :D :D
hopefully the final product is close to that.

so i'm gonna assume no RE 3 type mercenaries in the game :'( bummer

oh well, this is gonna be great

Warren Ellis said:
claire looks meh and she has small boobs too. Disappointed :(
Just set the 3D slider to full.

She looks much more related to Chris in this then her other designs, like you cna actually tell she is his sister now.

Log4Girlz

I have to buy a 3DS, I do not have a choice. I would love to hear from a developer how many times more powerful than the DS this machine is. Looks like several dozen times more powerful.

m3k

UrbanRats said:
Fuck, really.. i wasn't following the 3DS party, i knew it was 3d w/o glasses and i've seen a demo of MGS(thoguh i thought it was prerendered).. i can't believe my eyes now, honestly, WTF.
EDIT: Lol, i just googled to be sure, yep, it's 3DS, fuck me.

well fuck me, i didnt know either

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Shaheed79 said:
You know what the scary thing is? Those new screen shots look WAY better than the older build those gifs were made from. 20% complete even.

Where are the posters who swore up and down in the 3DS spec topic that 3DS graphics would never improve with time and that the hardware had already been maxed out?
IMO the impressive thing is the texture quality and lighting/shadows effects.

If you look closely, you'll see that the polygon count is on the low side (lower than Gamecube or PS2 games), but the textures and lighting effects (and all that other crap PC geeks talk about) make it look awesome.

IMO that is the main difference between this game and Kid Icarus or Zelda (for example); Nintendo doesn't have the expertize to pull this type of graphics yet, but Capcom does, and it shows.

Gwanatu T

Hai guys, 3ds isnt cutting edge, kthxbye.

I know most developers wont take the 3ds as seriously as Capcom has been, but I'm at least hoping this trend sticks for a while. The return of proper Resident Evil? Please please please please!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom