• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sony slider tablet spotted? Windows OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivftp

Just saw this... holy hell this thing is beautiful! Wonder when it will launch. Hope it is real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orzuj17Ta5k&feature=youtu.be

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/09/...utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

We've already seen Sony take a stab at a Windows 8 hybrid in the form of the VAIO Duo 11, and now a clip has appeared on YouTube apparently showing an unannounced 13-inch Ultrabook slider with a 1080p Triluminos touchscreen display. Allegedly, the video is being used for training at UK retail chain Dixons, and in addition to repeatedly collapsing and opening the slim white and silver unit, the demonstrator plays around with a stylus in Microsoft's Fresh Paint. There are a couple of text overlays near the end of clip, highlighting the "SurfSlider design," backlit keyboard, ClearAudio+ and ActiveSleep tech, as well as its 10 hours of battery life. NFC is also said to be on board, along with an 8-megapixel camera with Exmor RS sensor, Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD. The incredibly grainy video is embedded after the break, and although we can't verify its authenticity, we also can't ally it to any known product.

Volotaire

Hmm another option for me. I'm still weighing up a Macbook Air, Zenbook and some hybrids. 1080p screen is nice, shame a lot of Ultrabooks don't go over 4GB of RAM atm.

EDIT: holy shit at that sliding very nice. I'm still worried at the long term usability of purchasing hybrids for use. Hope its not too expensive. Don't see the point of a camera, wish they could have cut that out.

What is up with Gafs infatuation with Sony consumer electronics.

They make good although subpar consumer products at least when compared with the top dogs of each category ? Just look at the weird xperia love.

What is with all the love ?

vivftp

Hmm another option for me. I'm still weighing up a Macbook Air, Zenbook and some hybrids. 1080p screen is nice, shame a lot of Ultrabooks don't go over 4GB of RAM atm.

Sonys Vaio Duo 11 from last year was configurable up to 8, so there is always hope this will be too.

I seriously want this. I was on the fence about the tablet Z, but this thing kicks the holy hell out of that.

Volotaire

Holy shit the original was £1500 and about £1300 now. Sorry but fck its too expensive.

EDIT: Found for 900£ a bit better now! Seems first prices were wrong. Still I'm not sure if it really is superior to a fully fledged normal ultrabook.

MCD

Does it come in black?

Really cool but I was more impressed by that Acer Aspire one a week ago.

vivftp

Sadly I don't see a spot for the stylus. The Duo 11 required the sheet battery accessory to provide a slot for the stylus. I hope that isn't the case here too

Fezan

wow beautiful hardware.
and to let other know this supports triluminous diplay.
and people complaining about price check out new vaio fit series. Vaio are really great pieces of hardware and hav best price/performance ratio with beautiful builds
sonyvslide.jpg

Gorillaz

What is up with Gafs infatuation with Sony consumer electronics.

They make good although subpar consumer products at least when compared with the top dogs of each category ? Just look at the weird xperia love.

What is with all the love ?
I look at it as alot of people still have love for them since everyone grew up with some form of Sony.product. Maybe alot of people are just fans idk

Fezan

I look at it as alot of people still have love for them since everyone grew up with some form of Sony.product. Maybe alot of people are just fans idk

Sony usually make great products. They make great TV. Sony Vaio had no competitor till macbook retina. NEX lineup is among best. Xperia z is a good phone tablet z looks like a great tablet much thinner than ipad mini. their mdr headphone are best in class.walkman although becoming obsolete are great music players . whats there not to love

spwolf

EDIT: holy shit at that sliding very nice. I'm still worried at the long term usability of purchasing hybrids for use. Hope its not too expensive. Don't see the point of a camera, wish they could have cut that out.

all of last years convertibles had some major weak spots, this time around it seems like there will be much better choice. These hybrids are just laptops in another form...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom