• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
AC vs ACC Catalunya Circuit Lamborghini Huracan GT3 2015
Sbe1l8E.png

89y0ICu.png

GdQgdcZ.png

79kD7VU.png

XRjmPIG.png

QIiHzcN.png

BCWLQlp.png

DdEdk9t.png

scalman

but screenshots are nothing more then pictures about stuff that you dont even care when you racing in game because you cant see all that what is in screenshots, and then what matter is how game feels to you how it feels, and if you playing with console and controller how its handles with controller, and GTS very good at it just little borring i would say, cars have too much grip almost riding on rails , when forza gives you maybe too much looseness on cars but at least its some fun and chalenge. In GTS i feel like all my cars even powerfull ones driving without any slip or skid. that wouldnt be in real life though.
its not about how realistic trees looks or leaves or what detail mountains in backround because its racing game. for me next gen should bring much more destruction to racing games so they again become more like Shift 1,2 was with wheels falling of and stuff, and less this perfect grip.
i playes GTS now for like 30 min . its great sure but it get borring , so much grip all times on normal street cars thats its just too much rly.

Last edited:
but screenshots are nothing more then pictures about stuff that you dont even care when you racing in game because you cant see all that what is in screenshots, and then what matter is how game feels to you how it feels, and if you playing with console and controller how its handles with controller, and GTS very good at it just little borring i would say, cars have too much grip almost riding on rails , when forza gives you maybe too much looseness on cars but at least its some fun and chalenge. In GTS i feel like all my cars even powerfull ones driving without any slip or skid. that wouldnt be in real life though.
its not about how realistic trees looks or leaves or what detail mountains in backround because its racing game. for me next gen should bring much more destruction to racing games so they again become more like Shift 1,2 was with wheels falling of and stuff, and less this perfect grip.
i playes GTS now for like 30 min . its great sure but it get borring , so much grip all times on normal street cars thats its just too much rly.

Last edited:

Turk1993

I'm hoping trees are the main thing improved upon next generation plus at smudge of ray tracing for global illumination. Everything else is good enough for me!
Turn 10 can just copy the trees of FH4 and it will be more than enough with there improved ray traced lighting. Same for GT, there lighting tech on trees is already nice but they need higher quality trees and longer draw distance. Just look at FH4, it has already incredible looking trees
(all gameplay)
49441499202_13621c7de7_o.png

49441488117_5fd852473d_o.png

49441485182_cae8018689_o.png

49441339856_ec20e6154a_o.png

49441336746_4bc295d5cb_o.png

What the heck is wrong with FM7's drivers? it is clearly not normal they look like kids with the eye level on the wheel...

0xg5nx3.png
Really weird the same midget was in my last shots also lol. I think they place the driver lower or higher for the cockpit view on some cars to show all the instruments in the cockpit but forget to adjust his height in outside car view.

FukuDaruma

I want to get AC but I want an X enhanced version.

How much work do you have to do to get the nice cars?

Depends what the "nice" ones are for you.

There are a shit ton of cars out there in webs like:

etc... just googling "Assetto Corsa mods" will take you to a lot of places... :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But as others said before, there are some outdated/broken/bad models too. No problem though, you just try them and if any looks bad or crashes the game at launch or you just don't like it for whatever reason you just delete it.

First thing to install just after the games is Content Manager: https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

And then Custom Shaders Patch ( https://acstuff.ru/patch/ )

And SOL (weather) ( https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/ )

Then you can start adding all the cars and tracks you want.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned
What the heck is wrong with FM7's drivers? it is clearly not normal they look like kids with the eye level on the wheel...

0xg5nx3.png
Anyway to cut corners and save a few frames, and in this case, clearly a lack of ATD...….I wonder what he looks like when he is off camera, perhaps not rendered at all....

skneogaf

I'm curious what forza motorsport 8 will look like on the 3 supported consoles. Xb1, xb1x & xbsx.

Resolution will no longer be enough to be the biggest difference so will need whatever the low settings will be on the pc version.

What does lowedt vs highest look like on pc forza motorsport 7?

This ACC video popped up in my recommended. The sound and sense of speed are just as good as the graphical presentation. Fantastic job from such a small, low budget team.

Last edited:

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I'm curious what forza motorsport 8 will look like on the 3 supported consoles. Xb1, xb1x & xbsx.

Resolution will no longer be enough to be the biggest difference so will need whatever the low settings will be on the pc version.

What does lowedt vs highest look like on pc forza motorsport 7?
There is a lot more differences than just resolution between XBX and Xb1 so there will be even bigger differences between XSX and XB1

ShapeGSX

There are a lot of colors for this car.
And the GTS ingame model is that Ford GT 2017 model:

maxresdefault.jpg

Edit - Even so seems off I believe the video is recorded from a HDR output.

The blue color is "Liquid Blue". They actually painted all of their performance cars in liquid blue in 2015 for the Detroit auto show. But it was a paint color reserved only for the Ford GT in production.

Still, it turns out that the Fiesta ST that they painted liquid blue for that auto show ended up out in the wild. It's a one of a kind.

I'm certain that they tried to replicate Liquid Blue in game (it's an iconic color for the car), but they screwed it up.

I wish I could have gotten my Focus RS in that color, but I've really grown to love my Nitrous Blue!
eyy8ufL.jpg

tuyang

Neo Member
Forza Motorsport 7 vs Gran Turismo Sport Mount Panorama early morning Part 1, Its a big track :). And i have to say its the worst looking track in both games, they have some pretty bad trees and geometry on some places. I hope they both upgrade there track details next gen.
49426491651_e9c9f854c2_o.png

49426873227_0571bf9028_o.png

49426116308_224c8991c4_o.png

49426886922_b79fcbf91e_o.png

49426811427_4c2656573d_o.png

49426191683_29e3434366_o.png
42222370511_1f277ca91b_o.jpg

42222369821_3343cc748b_o.jpg

49452518418_f09eab13d0_o.jpg

same size but different resolution
you are very good at taking screenshots on ps4 pro!

Turk1993

Does it react to shadows like GT6 and PC2? Looks good, maybe a bit smoother on the edges to be perfect.

42222370511_1f277ca91b_o.jpg

42222369821_3343cc748b_o.jpg

49452518418_f09eab13d0_o.jpg

same size but different resolution
you are very good at taking screenshots on ps4 pro!
Are you using internet explorer or something, whe discussed this shit a month ago with your friend ethomaz who also complained about the same thing. And funny enough after the last reply he didn't say nothing back, because his arguments where laughable like yours. If you really think that your 1080p images look sharper or better than my 4k captures than i have nothing to say to you. And you post those 2 pictures every 3 months in this thread. Its not even on the same location, car or lighting. And you are in motion as always to smooth the image and sharpen the hud and text.

And look at those, they are all lower quality than my images. you can't even see the fences at the start on the left, everything is blurry. And still Forza has more detail and is sharper. And go on the same location with the same lighting in the same car and color and show me your capture then, come on then if you claim that my shots are not good enough on bathurst.

scalman

next gen racing, make true forza handling engine on next forza horizon game and you get true next gen racing there, if you want r ace on tracks but if you want real open world there you go, still amazed how good cars looks and sounds on forza horizon 3 all those muscle cars that no other racing game has out there. so detailed real time shadows in cockpit depends on weather, that another level even from GTS game which i have and i can compare.

FukuDaruma

Does it react to shadows like GT6 and PC2? Looks good, maybe a bit smoother on the edges to be perfect.

They support both shadows and ambient shadows, but it may be taxing on gpu with a lot of density.

Are you using internet explorer or something, whe discussed this shit a month ago with your friend ethomaz who also complained about the same thing. And funny enough after the last reply he didn't say nothing back, because his arguments where laughable like yours. If you really think that your 1080p images look sharper or better than my 4k captures than i have nothing to say to you. And you post those 2 pictures every 3 months in this thread. Its not even on the same location, car or lighting. And you are in motion as always to smooth the image and sharpen the hud and text.

And look at those, they are all lower quality than my images. you can't even see the fences at the start on the left, everything is blurry. And still Forza has more detail and is sharper. And go on the same location with the same lighting in the same car and color and show me your capture then, come on then if you claim that my shots are not good enough on bathurst.

I don't know what's the beef now or what's up with those logos, but apart from not hiding the HUD I think his captures look great. Having the TAA activated is what's normal during real gameplay, having the car perfectly stopped is not. TAA introducing some blur is normal, better that than having worse aliasing and complain about it as if that were how lt's like when you play.

Turk1993

They support both shadows and ambient shadows, but it may be taxing on gpu with a lot of density.

I don't know what's the beef now or what's up with those logos, but apart from not hiding the HUD I think his captures look great. Having the TAA activated is what's normal during real gameplay, having the car perfectly stopped is not. TAA introducing some blur is normal, better that than having worse aliasing and complain about it as if that were how lt's like when you play.
No beef but they tryna act like i doctor my pictures. Whe had the same old discussion a year ago with those guys, they where saying i doctor this i edit this and that while it was not true. When people accuse you of something you didn't do, than its getting a bit annoying. And be honest, do you think his 1080p captures look sharper than my 4k png's? even his 4k images are more blurry than my sharp but alliased images. And he took the logo in my picture with light background while his was on dark green where the CB effect is less pronounced. On my other pictures, its even sharp with his 4k image that he compared with but he choose that one to compare so he can fool peole to think that i post them low quality. Just have a look
49426025353_8e21b9f51e_o.png

vs

49426491651_e9c9f854c2_o.png

FukuDaruma

No beef but they tryna act like i doctor my pictures. Whe had the same old discussion a year ago with those guys, they where saying i doctor this i edit this and that while it was not true. When people accuse you of something you didn't do, than its getting a bit annoying. And be honest, do you think his 1080p captures look sharper than my 4k png's? even his 4k images are more blurry than my sharp but alliased images. And he took the logo in my picture with light background while his was on dark green where the CB effect is less pronounced. On my other pictures, its even sharp with his 4k image that he compared with but he choose that one to compare so he can fool peole to think that i post them low quality. Just have a look

Don't know why, but the logo in his captures looks undeniably better, a lot less aliased... and this shouldn't have anything to do with TAA, because his HUD shows 0 Km/h too...

I mean... 2 of these logos are clearly pixelated/aliased and 2 are not. And this doesn't have anything to do with TAA or jpg vs png.

CspsZIk.png

Last edited:

Turk1993

Don't know why, but the logo in his captures looks undeniably better, a lot less aliased... and this shouldn't have anything to do with TAA, because his HUD shows 0 Km/h too...

I mean... 2 of these logos are clearly pixelated/aliased and 2 are not. And this doesn't have anything to do with TAA or jpg vs png.

CspsZIk.png
Can you post also a ingame 4k screenshot please, whant to see if its the same in your capture. Because everything looks identical sharp it just those edges of that logo. Maybe its like this after all the patches, his screenshot is from 2017. Maybe the hud was running native 4k back then idk.

FukuDaruma

Can you post also a ingame 4k screenshot please, whant to see if its the same in your capture. Because everything looks identical sharp it just those edges of that logo. Maybe its like this after all the patches, his screenshot is from 2017. Maybe the hud was running native 4k back then idk.

This is how it looks in my Pro at 4K:

iBTFUAf.png

🤔

...and this is how it looks with forced 1080p in Screen Settings:

yjjJI3Q.png

So... man, your captures really look like the second... you sure you don't have 1080p forced or some shit that is not giving you proper 4K in GTS?

Or maybe is an HDR thing? are you taking your screenshots in HDR mode?

Last edited:

Turk1993

This is how it looks in my Pro at 4K:

iBTFUAf.png

🤔

...and this is how it looks with forced 1080p in Screen Settings:

yjjJI3Q.png

So... man, your captures really look like the second... you sure you don't have 1080p forced or some shit that is not giving you proper 4K in GTS?

Or maybe is an HDR thing? are you taking your screenshots in HDR mode?
No its in 4k mode im 100% sure just checked it, just look
49460314142_9889e024f4_o.png

49460099646_935dc002cc_o.png

and this is in 1080p mode with the added motion blur
49460317037_636f102c10_o.jpg

49459656663_0757f9d68f_o.jpg

The 4k image is much sharper but weirdly enough the logo is almost the same. I wanna do a test, can you upload this car and track with the same lighting please, but the full image so i can compare the image quality outside the logo. Maybe its a bug with the logo i don't know.

Laguna seca 7:30 with the Ford GT, just choose race mode with 2 cars and select normal start instead of rolling start. Then you will be at the exact same place, and don't move please pull the handbrake. this is just to compare the image quality between my shot and yours. And yes i know it looks better with TAA when you move i understand but this is just for the image quality comparison so whe have almost 100% the same picture.
49240392532_e46b27fb81_o.png

You are not crazy, Forza Horizon 4 is the best looking racing game this gen.
That is just your opinion, to me GTS looks way more natural and realistic thanks to his lighting, material shaders and the way how they reflect the light . FH maybe it can look better on a static image thanks to the more sharper image since it is running on a more powerful hardware (on xbox one x it is locked to 30fps at 4k mode) but that's it

Last edited:
Top Bottom