• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

post-64231-this-is-fine-dog-fire-comic-Im-N7mp.png
Fuuuuuck.

Astros need to lift my spirits tomorrow.

MechDX

Can Dwight Freeney still go?

Dr. Mark Adickes‏ @jocktodoc 2h2 hours ago
More
JJ Watt's injury, a tibial plateau fracture, is a more severe trauma to the joint than an ACL. Instead of a ligament tearing the bone broke.

1639b4dc46c340afb0c02f16615b9422.gif

Striker

Giants will probably re-sign Tavarres King and bring up Travis Rudolph. But they'll need more. :/

Eli also had an X ray on his neck. Lovely.

Narag

I know it's next man up and whatnot but feels like Houston's D has had injury issues for years now. Always some big name going down.

MechDX

Chester Pitts saying the injury Watt had ended his career.
Well, he said he was never the same player. BUT it depends on whether it's above some cartilage or something. If it's the bone on top, he'll be okay, if it's below the bone, he may be done.

I know it's next man up and whatnot but feels like Houston's D has had injury issues for years now. Always some big name going down.

Injuries happen to every team, life in the NFL. Texans injuries are probably amplified to non team fans because everyone wanted to see Watt and Clowney play together for the past 3 years. No more injuries than anyone else really

Zen Aku

I wonder how the Browns have any fans left. I can't even remember the last time they weren't at the bottom of the league. It's like they been consistently bad since the beginning of the big bang.

MechDX

At this point Vrabel should just play more 4-3 base defense and move Clowney to DE. They got the beef to play 2 DT's in the middle with Reader, Watkins, Covington and Dunn

Or just have Watson play both ways:

FlamboyantAdorableBluebird-size_restricted.gif

Narag

Injuries happen to every team, life in the NFL. Texans injuries are probably amplified to non team fans because everyone wanted to see Watt and Clowney play together for the past 3 years. No more injuries than anyone else really

Yeah, I didn't realize PFR had an injury list by game by year for teams. I was just thinking of Cushing's issues over the years too and how the big names were rarely on the field at the same time from an outsiders' perspective.

MechDX

Yeah, I didn't realize PFR had an injury list by game by year for teams. I was just thinking of Cushing's issues over the years too and how the big names were rarely on the field at the same time from an outsiders' perspective.

Cushing was pregnant his case was unique in that regard

Yeah, next man up doesn't work when the guys you're replacing are your key guys. WAR is a real thing, you can absorb losing your middling guys, but not difference makers.

MechDX

Yeah, next man up doesn't work when the guys you're replacing are your key guys. WAR is a real thing, you can absorb losing your middling guys, but not difference makers.

And losing two
On the same series
First series of the game......

Houston Sports Curse is real. Save us Hakeem!!

Raiders can bounce out of the bay sooner rather than later...that team stays a joke. Players getting into altercations with fans, other players calling out players for not caring about the poor play....team will always be garbage. Del Rio is a fraud too while we are at it.

That injury Watt got is almost career ending? Even more so with the ones he already have?

When Texans finally got themselves a QB in Watson they lose their MVP.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Holy shit. LOL

Got dammit!!
Called it when it happened :(
At least the Texans get to beat up the Browns before the bye

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU LOSE 2 OF YOUR 3 BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS ON THE SAME OPENING DRIVE OF A GAME?!?!?

Seriously how the hell does that even happen??
BC we have a good QB, we're not allowed to have a legit defense and a good QB at the same time. See 2011.

Hindl

Still amazed how well the Eagles are doing, especially with all the defensive injuries. TNF is rough though, and Lane Johnson and Cox might not be back. These two teams look about even and it should be a good game, so considering the short week and an away game, I'm embracing the loss to the fighting Grovas

squicken

Watson might put up a lot of Brees numbers this year as bad as the Texans defense is. Can’t believe they are getting excuses. Yes they lost Mercilllus and Watt, but to only force one punt when the game was in the balance? Inexcusable

Pepiope

Still amazed how well the Eagles are doing, especially with all the defensive injuries. TNF is rough though, and Lane Johnson and Cox might not be back. These two teams look about even and it should be a good game, so considering the short week and an away game, I'm embracing the loss to the fighting Grovas
Lane said he's playing, but no reason to put Cox out there on a short week.

I'm really hoping Cox and Darby both come back for Washington.

MechDX

Chester Pitts saying the injury Watt had ended his career.
Well, he said he was never the same player. BUT it depends on whether it’s above some cartilage or something. If it’s the bone on top, he’ll be okay, if it’s below the bone, he may be done.

That injury Watt got is almost career ending? Even more so with the ones he already have?

When Texans finally got themselves a QB in Watson they lose their MVP.

Not a medical determination but the best I could find last night. Dez had a similar injury a few years ago. His was the better scenario obviously

Hindl

Lane said he's playing, but no reason to put Cox out there on a short week.

I'm really hoping Cox and Darby both come back for Washington.
Well this game is pretty important now since these are two top teams in the NFC. If the Eagles win, they move to 4-0 in the conference and the top seed, and they'd have the tiebreaker over Carolina if they make it to the playoffs. The DL is still good without Cox, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if he could play. If the reinjury risk is high, then of course sit out. But I think he and Darby will definitely be back for Washington

Pepiope

Well this game is pretty important now since these are two top teams in the NFC. If the Eagles win, they move to 4-0 in the conference and the top seed, and they'd have the tiebreaker over Carolina if they make it to the playoffs. The DL is still good without Cox, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if he could play. If the reinjury risk is high, then of course sit out. But I think he and Darby will definitely be back for Washington
Yeqh. I'm just chalking this up as a loss. I hate TNF and it's a road game. I want to just take this L with no more injuries and focus on Washington.

Sephzilla

I'm still riding high over that Packers win. Rodgers really is the GOAT.

That JJ Watt news is terrible. He's a legitimately good person who's done a lot for the Houston area

MechDX

JJ Watt‏Verified account
@JJWatt

I can't sugarcoat it, I am devastated.
All I want to do is be out there on that field for my teammates and this city.
I'm sorry.
6:16 AM - 9 Oct 2017

this_guy

I'm not even excited for the free monster taco from Jack in the Box today (Texans don't need to win, they just need to score 2 TDs).

When Ben retires the North will be all ours
Hahahahahha.
Also is it bad that at school every time I mention how shitty a person Ben is they use the Burfict excuse. He’s an ass on the field but still...

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Top Bottom