• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 5 |OT| Free fallin', I'm-a free fallin'

The Rams and Jags will be the #1 seeds next year barring catastrophic injuries.

Bookmark this post and bring it back up in a year and 3 months.

Pepiope

I'm surprisingly not too down on the Packers defense this year. Dallas's offense is good, we were banged up, and we managed to stop Zeke for three quarters before he finally started to break through. If the Packers can get healthy in the 2nd half of the year they're going to be a tough out come playoff time. The only team that really seems built to stop them is Atlanta
I think Philly with Darby and Jones (if he's healthy and as advertised) would be able to stop green bay. Not likely though.

Bucs should trade DeSean for Hauschka.
Jackson for Sturgis makes more sense.

After not ever having back to back wins in his 15+ year career, McCown has back to back to back wins

We really can’t do anything right

Doomsayer

I talked a lot of shit about the NFL being a trash product over the offseason and even into the first week, but these last 2 weeks have kind of made me eat crow. Some really competitive games and exciting finishes. It's unfortunate the culture of the NFL is fucking garbage though.

Also like the fight I'm seeing out the 9ers, we obviously terrible but with a competent QB we could and should have 3 wins right now. I like Shanahan, I just wish he would run the ball more.

I think Philly with Darby and Jones (if he's healthy and as advertised) would be able to stop green bay. Not likely though.

I don't trust Schwartz at all against Rodgers. Hopefully with better CBs he would be willing to play up more, but if he did the same play 10 yards off bullshit then Rodgers would just carve them up again.

harSon

Banned
I'd actually be pretty relieved if a video of Todd Haley snorting cocaine surfaced. Things would make a lot more sense

I don't trust Schwartz at all against Rodgers. Hopefully with better CBs he would be willing to play up more, but if he did the same play 10 yards off bullshit then Rodgers would just carve them up again.

Yeah he needs press man coverage against them really. Assuming Darby plays they'd at least have that option.

squicken

I do not have high hopes that Murray will be a suitable replacement for Cook. If KC has a back on their practice squad go sign him. Reid always can spot RBs

K-Gun

I talked a lot of shit about the NFL being a trash product over the offseason and even into the first week, but these last 2 weeks have kind of made me eat crow. Some really competitive games and exciting finishes. It's unfortunate the culture of the NFL is fucking garbage though.

Also like the fight I'm seeing out the 9ers, we obviously terrible but with a competent QB we could and should have 3 wins right now. I like Shanahan, I just wish he would run the ball more.
I've had no problem shitting on the product the last two seasons but I've enjoyed 4 out of the 5 weeks. Was so down on the league I didn't reup for my international gamepass, but it resubbed automatically even though I know I shut off auto renew. Found it strange that the media kept bringing up the quality when it's actually been good relative to the last two seasons, guess they're just catching up to the narrative.

Lots of young talent that I like, I'm more interested in the league than I thought I would be. Obviously I don't pay attention to the drama. I try and set it aside, basically all I want is entertainment. Nothing else.

So after that garbage that VP Pence pulled yesterday what are the odds that the NFL comes out today and says he isn't welcome at anymore NFL games?

Doomsayer

I've had no problem shitting on the product the last two seasons but I've enjoyed 4 out of the 5 weeks. Was so down on the league I didn't reup for my international gamepass, but it resubbed automatically even though I know I shut off auto renew. Found it strange that the media kept bringing up the quality when it's actually been good relative to the last two seasons, guess they're just catching up to the narrative.

Lots of young talent that I like, I'm more interested in the league than I thought I would be. Obviously I don't pay attention to the drama. I try and set it aside, basically all I want is entertainment. Nothing else.

Yeah, the passing of the torch is going to happen within the next 2 years. A lot of older players (especially QBs) will most likely be retiring and it's going to be a young league.
Pretty exciting.

Sephzilla

The Packers offensive line is the biggest concern I have for the team right now. Pressure got to Rodgers a lot and if you can limit Rodgers you effectively win the game.

Bort world order is best world order

They’ll cut him after this year and try their luck with another QB for next year. He’s due to make close to 20 million next year if they keep him, I just can’t see it happening. That money’s better spent on going after Cousins, Bradford, Tyrod, or Jimmy G. Or even trying to package some kind of draft deal together for someone who’s getting overpaid.

Pretty much their whole team is signed through 2018, and when you take Bort’s cap number off the books and factor in rollover from this year they should be looking at 30-40 million to play with. Perfect time to go after a QB finally.

MechDX

No doubt, in 2017 Mercilus is the bigger loss, but wasn't it confirmed earlier that he's out for the year?

No. Everyone was focused on Watt last night. Confirmations hit at the same time

For casual fans what Watt means to the city and team is huge but to hardcore football fans Merc hurts far more.

Right now the team has to reinvent themselves fast. Watt is the franchise and with that the defense. Now Watson will be thrown into the spotlight and the team needs to be more offensively known. One positive is if there was any one young QB in the past few years I would have zero doubts about being able to handle that its Deshaun Watson. Kid just has that intangible "it" factor.

If this did have to happen now was the best time. Hard part of the schedule is over and they get the Browns this week then the bye week before going to Seattle

Play the Cards, Rams, Ravens, Steelers, Indy x2, Jags and Tacks after that

JABEE

Carson Wentz has me hyped to be an Eagles fan! It feels like last season after the Steelers game, except maybe a little different.

No. Everyone was focused on Watt last night. Confirmations hit at the same time

For casual fans what Watt means to the city and team is huge but to hardcore football fans Merc hurts far more.

Right now the team has to reinvent themselves fast. Watt is the franchise and with that the defense. Now Watson will be thrown into the spotlight and the team needs to be more offensively known. One positive is if there was any one young QB in the past few years I would have zero doubts about being able to handle that its Deshaun Watson. Kid just has that intangible "it" factor.

If this did have to happen now was the best time. Hard part of the schedule is over and they get the Browns this week then the bye week before going to Seattle

Play the Cards, Rams, Ravens, Steelers, Indy x2, Jags and Tacks after that

My god at the Rams the toughest team on that list? Who would have thought that before the season started.

Hindl

Carson Wentz has me hyped to be an Eagles fan! It feels like last season after the Steelers game, except maybe a little different.
It feels really good, but they have a slate of tough games coming up. If they do well against the Panthers and Broncos, then they'll go into the bye in a good place. Until they're in the playoffs I'm not gonna get too excited though. Last season showed things can change fast

JABEE

I think the Brown have to draft a franchise QB after passing on so many.

Is Kizer slated as the guy despite being benched?

I think the Brown have to draft a franchise QB after passing on so many.

Is Kizer slated as the guy despite being benched?

Wasn't someone here recently arguing that bad teams should build up their rosters first before getting the QB? Browns are poof that that doesn't work.

Bucs Kicking is like Browns QB. If you try hard and long and frequently enough, inevitably one will have to work out, right?

The Bucs had Matt Bryant who was amazing but Mark Dummynik, thought he was so much smarter then everyone else cut him. Dummynik between his shit drafts, Coach Chest Bump and Greg Shitano set the Franchise back a decade. That's why Bucs fans have been rightfully patient with Licht and Koetter, they inherited a shit sandwich.

Injuries happen to every team, life in the NFL. Texans injuries are probably amplified to non team fans because everyone wanted to see Watt and Clowney play together for the past 3 years. No more injuries than anyone else really

That's the most disappointing part. I love the NFL, but I LOVE defense and the thought of those guys destroying offensive lines was exciting. Best prt of last years playoffs was watching the Texans D smash Brady.

I'd actually be pretty relieved if a video of Todd Haley snorting cocaine surfaced. Things would make a lot more sense

What doesn't make sense? Ben is on the golf course mentally. Let Dobbs start.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It's amazing how so much can change in one week in this league. Last week after the Vikings victory, I was on Cloud 9 with thoughts of a potential Super Bowl bound team.

After the Panthers laid into us our team is hobbled. Stafford has a hurt right thigh plus hand injury, Eric Ebron is getting into fights with Lions fans on Twitter.

It's frustrating to see our offense get off to a fast start on our first drive (which ended with Ebron dropping a sure TD pass) and then go absolutely missing until 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Our offensive line has played mostly like trash the last two weeks.

Matthew Stafford against normal rushes Sunday: 80 percent completions, two pressures. Stafford against the blitz? 47 percent completion, six sacks, 12 pressures. First time back-to-back six-sack games since Weeks 7 & 8 of 2015.

Depending on how hurt Stafford is, I would almost consider sitting him until the bye week when we should be getting Taylor Decker back.

cdyhybrid

CmG14k5.jpg

👀🤔

Top Bottom