• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Line_HTX

Good morning!

CNvE_dvWsAErHrb.jpg:large

Hoy Hoy is definitely the starter we need... :p

CNsw6rHUYAA94I2.jpg:large

*Punch* *SQUEAK*

20150830_texanssaints_btc_51.jpg

Malalaw, would you like a hug? =D

20150830_texanssaints_btc_53.jpg

Tom Savage is touchdown [Chandler] Worthy.

Ryan Mallet: "There was nothing to put behind us. I felt like we went out there and executed our game plan, moved the football and scored some points."
"That one long drive was great to start off the third quarter. It was great to establish a long and sustained drive with a lot of successful plays. We got into a great rhythm and it felt good to communicate well and execute the plays called."

"He was backed up on one, and the other one, I think he was backed up pretty deep in his own territory," O'Brien said of Mallet. "That’s part of it, too, doing a good job on third down there. I think both guys, again, moved the ball ... I feel very good about our quarterback position."

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So should I just copy and paste this thread into a part 2 or is ActStriker going to have the week 1 thread up in the next few hours?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Oh god. Going to have to avoid every news outlet for a week. So sick of hearing about this shit.

Thanks NFL for ruining this at every step. Should have ended months ago.

In other news someone's buddy is a waiter at a restaurant Gooddel went to in NY says good old Roger refers to himself in the third person when talking.

squicken

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2015/08/30/deflategate-concussion-movie-preseason-week-3-nfl

The Justin Houston part I did not know

This is low-hanging fruit, and I do not mean to bum out fans of the Browns this morning. But it is stunning how little the Browns got out of a trade that should have set up the franchise with a treasure trove of talent four years ago.

In April 2011—two coaches and two general managers ago—the Browns traded the sixth pick in the draft to Atlanta for two first-round picks, a second-round pick and two fourth-round picks. Atlanta picked wide receiver Julio Jones, who caught 104 passes for 1,593 yards last year, and earned a five-year, $72-million contract extension Saturday with the Falcons.

From the five picks in that trade, there is one player left on the Browns: backup defensive tackle Phil Taylor (who played 11 snaps as a backup Saturday night in Tampa). Cleveland drafted Danny Shelton in the first round this year, and Shelton has made Taylor, riddled by injury and unimpactful play as a Brown, obsolete. Already gone:

• Quarterback Brandon Weeden (first round, 2012), who lasted two seasons. He was 5-15 as a starter, and now backs up Tony Romo in Dallas.

• Wide receiver Greg Little (second round, 2011), released in May 2014 after being a marginal starter and catching 155 balls in three seasons.

• Fullback Owen Marecic (fourth round, 2011), released in 2013. He had four carries in two seasons for the Browns.

The 2012 fourth-round pick was used in a package of three picks in 2012 to move up one spot in the first round, so the Browns could take running back Trent Richardson with the third overall pick in 2012. Richardson lasted 17 starless games in Cleveland before being traded to Indianapolis, and now is fighting for a roster spot in Oakland.

But there is a Paul Harvey rest-of-the-story here.

In order to draft Taylor, the Browns had to move up from 27 to 21 in the first round of the 2011 draft. GM Tom Heckert traded the 27th and 70th picks to Kansas City for the 21st overall pick.

With the 70th pick in the 2011 draft, Chiefs GM Scott Pioli chose Georgia linebacker Justin Houston.

Houston led the NFL with 22 sacks last year.

Heckert begat Mike Lombardi/Joe Banner, who begat Ray Farmer. Coach Pat Shurmur begat Rob Chudzinski, who begat Mike Pettine.

And the beat goes on.

gutshot

Eagles Insider @EaglesInsider
Kelly said that Bennie Logan has been a disruptive force in the run game. Logan has created a lot of havoc, playing as well as anyone on DL

Bennie-3.1.gif

Bennie-7.gif

Bennie-9.gif

Our d-line is gonna be nasty this year. In fact, I'd put our whole front 7 up against any other team in the league.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So should I just copy and paste this thread into a part 2 or is ActStriker going to have the week 1 thread up in the next few hours?

Just copy/paste the new thread. It's just something to post in and discuss scrubs on Thursday.

Guess copy and paste then? But it needs more disrespect towards Kave, more Hoyer, more Fatford.. That's how sequels work.

Sir, I'm starting to doubt you are who you claim to be.

cdyhybrid

How do you feel about the good Harbaugh now that he is back in the NCAA?
The good Harbaugh is in Baltimore. That said, Worst Harbs is probably going to do very well at Michigan. Just going to be difficult to overcome Ohio State since Urbz already has the ball rolling there.

Line_HTX

Really, though... who's going to care about the 4th and final Preaseason game other than looking at potential 53-man roster third stringers?

Don't forget this for the OP:

Sam Bradford Injury Pool!

Sorry losers Registration is closed!

Preseason

MechDX, jakncoke - Week 1
Respect, eznark, Wynnebeck - Week 3 (CLOSED)
Tamanon, Nakazato - Week 4

Regular Season

Grexeno - Week 1
DeaconKnowledge, FrenchMovieTheme, Eleuin - Week 2 (CLOSED)
ciaossu, Striker, Fox318 - Week 3 (CLOSED)
captive, BigAT, bigosc2k - Week 4 (CLOSED)
Himynameischris, Bread, HarryDemeanor - Week 5 (CLOSED)
wienke, Syrinx, ActStriker - Week 6 (CLOSED)
Bowser, Futurevoid, 8 X 11 Printer Paper - Week 7 (CLOSED)
Limited Edition, sf2fanatic, WanderingWind - Week 8 (Bye) (CLOSED)
Sanjuro, Grover Cleveland, NihonTiger90 - Week 9 (CLOSED)
Line_HTX - Week 10
Sweeney Tom - Week 12
chuckddd - Week 13
Malalaw - Week 16
Kave_Man, Alligatorjandro - Week 17

Playoffs

BaltimoreLarry - Week 1
Narag - Super Bowl 50

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ckett-mario-kart-mashup-the-internet-answers/

When Richard Sherman asks for something, you’d better believe he’s getting it.

The Seahawks’ star cornerback took to Twitter Sunday morning hoping to find a video of Tyler Lockett’s incredible punt returns this preseason. No problem, right? Well, there was a catch. Sherman wanted the highlights, but he also wanted the soundtrack of popular video game “Mario Kart” dubbed along with the video of the speedy rookie.

End result:

http://streamable.com/r20u?t=12.6

Here We Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom