• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Preseason/Training Camp/Disrespect 2015 |OT| - Building a better quarterback

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 10s11 seconds ago
#Redskins coach Jay Gruden just said Kirk Cousins will be the starter for 2015. “It’s Kirk’s team.”

RIP RG3

Line_HTX

eaglesdabes.com

image.php

How about 2nd in sacks with the 31st ranked pass defense. If they had a secondary that could cover for even 1 fucking second imagine how many more sacks they could have gotten. They were also 4th in rushing yards/attempt against.

While facing the league leading rushing team twice that season.

And they have almost undoubtedly upgraded since last year. Brandon Graham starting over an aging Trent Cole, and Kiko Alonso added inside.

yea Cousins has looked fantastic when he's played.

They shouldn't have hired Gruden, unless he just out and out lied about being able to coach RG3.

Gruden is a shit coach and should be dumped, but as I said earlier, the Redskins did RGIII no favors by kissing his ass and trying to start him week one his sophomore season. Remember that ALLINFORWEEKONE fiasco?

Godslay

Banned
I'm seeing 15th ranked in rushing defense. 30th in scoring defense. 31 in passing defense. 2nd in sacks.

Good but not balanced.

I'm seeing 15th ranked in rushing defense. 30th in scoring defense. 31 in passing defense. 2nd in sacks.

Good but not balanced.

You really have to look at Rush Yards/Attempt with the Eagles D. They faced more snaps than any other D, so total yards is misleading, and I believe that's what the 15th overall rush defense was about. They shut down Dallas and Seattle in the run fairly easily. Trent Richardson had more yards/attempt than Beastmode against the Eagles, and that's cause no one in their right mind would crowd the box for him.

And he said front 7, so obviously he acknowledges that the secondary was hot garbage. Hopefully the secondary is just not garbage and average this year, and that will make the front 7 even better.

gutshot

Good but not balanced.

I specifically noted their front 7 as being loaded. So just throw out that passing defense rank and even scoring defense should be thrown out, since any team that can't defend the pass worth a shit is going to get scored on a lot in this league.

Their front 7 was good last season and should be even better this year with Alonso being added and Logan, Kendricks, Graham, et al. continuing to develop. Their secondary looks improved as well, although it still has quite a few question marks.

You really have to look at Rush Yards/Attempt with the Eagles D. They faced more snaps than any other D, so total yards is misleading, and I believe that's what the 15th overall rush defense was about. They shut down Dallas and Seattle in the run fairly easily. Trent Richardson had more yards/attempt than Beastmode against the Eagles, and that's cause no one in their right mind would crowd the box for him.

And he said front 7, so obviously he acknowledges that the secondary was hot garbage. Hopefully the secondary is just not garbage and average this year, and that will make the front 7 even better.

Exactly. Eagles ranked 4th in rushing yards/attempt in the league last season. Pro Football Reference's expected points metric lists them as the 3rd best rushing D in football last year, behind only the elite front 7s of Seattle and Detroit. And like I said, given the Eagles additions this offseason and the continued development of their young players, I'd take their front 7 over either of those 2 teams going forward.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Gruden is a shit coach and should be dumped, but as I said earlier, the Redskins did RGIII no favors by kissing his ass and trying to start him week one his sophomore season. Remember that ALLINFORWEEKONE fiasco?
no I don't.

They should have hired multiple somones to tell him he aint shit. Its gotta be hard being told your whole life that your the best thing ever and then when you get to the pros everyone is just as fast and talented as you.

Good but not balanced.
you should probably quote someone you are responding to or provide more context I have no idea which team your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom