• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

Fantastic start. Worked the Devs along the boards and out skated then badly. We need to keep the pace and not get bogged down in the zone. Now to the Jersey Shore.

Fantastic start. Worked the Devs along the boards and out skated then badly. We need to keep the pace and not get bogged down in the zone. Now to the Jersey Shore.

Panthers have definitely been the better team so far in this series. TRhey just need to keep playing like they have and the series will be over soon.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Wait wait.

Hagelin is a 3 game suspension yet Carkner is ONE fucking game?! What the fuck!

Fuck this league and fuck Shanahan.

snack

Alright. Sink or swim time.

Join me, Canucks-GAF. Because we can't handle this shit sober.

ibp3mcRMipZIcg.gif

SWAG

Snaku

Banned
Internet crapped out on me again and I couldn't get it back. Grabbed my kindle fire and ran to panera to see who won. I ain't even mad now. Cats win! :D

Wait wait.

Hagelin is a 3 game suspension yet Carkner is ONE fucking game?! What the fuck!

Fuck this league and fuck Shanahan.

Again, Carkner got 2, 5, and a game. Pretty much 2 game suspension. Thats really the only reasoning that would make sense with the way the NHL does things.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Really?

It's just a game now hun. :p.

(I felt that way before game 7 of the SCF last year).. but c'mon. It's just the first round.

Might be the last too, so I'm pretty nervous too.

Also, dat US anthem singer.

Anyone got a good stream for the Canucks/Queens game? Donating my Gamecenter login to some Vancouver friends.

CBC.ca streams in HD? not sure if you can access from the US...

Well this play didn't get anything so ....

so what, you want to suspend boyle for that?

i don't know it should have been a penalty, maybe at worst he's thrown out of the game, but when you just beat someone on the ground that deserves more than just one fucking game.

but i guess common sense doesn't apply in hockey. i'm not even being a homer. i just don't understand the lack of consistency.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Plus Alfie was injured and Boyle's vagina pubic face is still playing.

Who gives a shit that Alfredsson was injured and Boyle wasn't. What Hagelin did was unacceptable and the end result was unfortunate, but if Carkner did what he did anywhere BUT an NHL arena, he would have spent the rest of the night in fucking jail.

Not only that, but Carkner was only even in the lineup in the first place for the express purpose of assaulting somebody. That's the only reason he was included in the roster for the game. Why there has been no talk of holding the coaching staff in any way responsible is beyond me.

Who gives a shit that Alfredsson was injured and Boyle wasn't. What Hagelin did was unacceptable and the end result was unfortunate, but if Carkner did what he did anywhere BUT an NHL arena, he would have spent the rest of the night in fucking jail.

Not only that, but Carkner was only even in the lineup in the first place for the express purpose of assaulting somebody. That's the only reason he was included in the roster for the game. Why there has been no talk of holding the coaching staff in any way responsible is beyond me.

You could say the same thing about a fucking bodycheck. Jesus, it's hockey, people fight. Get over it.

Smiley90

Great icing, Kesler could've gotten the puck if the Ref didn't stand between him and the puck so the LA player had like 2 extra seconds to touch it -.-

Smiley90

First powerplay -nervous- please don't get scored on please don't get scored on

EDIT: this powerplay isn't even bad -good surprise-

Because you(Rangers) started this.

If you're going to employ Brad Marchand tactics against our best players we're going to employ Todd Bertuzzi tactics(without the career ending injury) so to speak. That's what it's come down to, I don't agree with happened but I don't know what else we can do to send a (strong) message that you don't fuck around with our players. The referees and Shanahan don't do shit, gotta do it yourself. Finally, Boyle is 6'7, 244lbs, it's not like we beat up Mats Zuccarello. He didn't miss a shift and scored a goal.

If Tortorella thought the little team from Ottawa was going to roll over and let our best players get abused by the likes of Boyle, Prust etc they are sadly mistaken. Ironic after his $20K rant on lack of respect for players, I guess it only applies to Rangers players ?

Hopefully now that the lines in the sand have been drawn we can get back to playing real hockey in the series.

Are you seriously so defensive about something that happened almost 3 years ago? I think it was good that he got a game misconduct. Lighten up.

Nah not defensive. Just amazed at how easily a whole era of hockey gets dismissed around here so regularly. Especially when my team pretty much took the biggest loss to those ideas in that era (Lindros) and just dealt with while other fanbases bitch about every scratch their players take.

Cake Boss

Banned

I give a shit about Alfie being injured and thousands of other fucking hockey fans over that vagina Boyle.

Fucking hypocrisy all over in this fucking post that I cant even comprehend.

So Boyle can punch Karlsson in the fucking face multiple times in Game 1 and hes a fucking hero.

Carkner challenges him and turtles like a little bitch, moments later when a smaller guy like Neil challenges him, he accepts it and still gets beat like a little bitch he is.

Carkner is in to let players like Karlsson have some room on the ice and he did his job, Game 1 Karlsson had 2 shots, in Game 2 he had 10 shots, 30 minutes of ice time, 5 hits and a goal. Carkner did his job bitch.

Top Bottom