• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL '12 Playoffs |OT| "The Cup is our destiny this year."

railGUN

Banned
This is the first time these playoffs I've actually felt gleeful. I've got a smirk I just know a few people on this board would want to slap off my face. It glorious.

Cagey

Banned
Gonna be:

Rangers vs Devils

Bruins vs Flyers

Not happening. We've gone on vacation for large chunks of all five games so far.

I expect they'll win Parise's Last Home Game and then meekly bow out in Game 7 with some shit 1 goal on 35 harmless shots performance.

PeNrU.gif

Fine we'll throw in Emmerton too to make it fair, and we'll take Kane or Sharp. ;)

Unfortunately I think we might be getting Stuart. His family still lives out here and he's said he wants to be much closer to them.

Stuart had a good regular season, but man was he easily our worst D man in the playoffs.

Barrage

I think people are underestimating how much bandwagon support in the States the Kings could recieve if they continue to advance. Especially with the teams they're playing, and the fact that Flyers-Kings is possibly the most interesting SC Match-Up still possible.

The NHL isn't like the NBA, where you know that somehow, someway a big market-or-star-laden team is making it to the final. Edmonton-Carolina showed me that.

Hunter S.

To much fucken parity in the league after the salary cap implementation. Ushered in the dark days of winning the cup off of lucky hot streaks.

Hunter S.

except that you still have to get INTO the playoffs

That will never change. Hopefully the randomness of each years victor does sometime.\

I mean when I have to abandon the West for exciting Philly you know things are getting bad in here. Something in the air smells like no goals hockey and it equals no one watching or caring.

Not happening. We've gone on vacation for large chunks of all five games so far.

I expect they'll win Parise's Last Home Game and then meekly bow out in Game 7 with some shit 1 goal on 35 harmless shots performance.

PDB is running the 1st line into the ground. If you see it Dineen cycles lines quickly when the 1st line is out. Hence the flurry of goals, their pace isn't sustainable.

Cagey

Banned
PDB is running the 1st line into the ground. If you see it Dineen cycles lines quickly when the 1st line is out. Hence the flurry of goals, their pace isn't sustainable.

The primary problem with the top line is the widely held belief that Trollvalchuk's nursing an injury that hasn't been disclosed yet. His skating speed is down considerably in the past few weeks (including the last ~two weeks of the regular season). With that, DeBoer is still giving Kovy minutes that'd wear out most defensemen.

RC

Banned
As happy as I'am to see Chicago eliminated. I'm equally unhappy about all the trapping teams advancing. Doesn't bode well for the future.

So now that the west is done, my gut says:

LA vs Nashville for round 3...

However, my brain wants it to be LA vs Phoenix for the lol's, Go Nordiques Go!!!

There's no way they can stay in Phoenix, right? There's supposedly a buyer who wants to keep them in Phoenix, but the franchise is hemorrhaging cash there. Is there some magical revenue sharing talk going on behind the scenes or what?

Sorry Marvie, Rev, wsox, and other fans, I know Marvie thought he would get the chance to see his team knock Phoenix to Quebec, but it was not meant to be...

So LA, Phoenix, St. Louis, and Nashville.... Yup, the west is pretty much pathetic :/

Patiently awaits a new weknowthatfeelbro.jpg

:(

ikLhfyH3Y6MuF.gif

Called a Blackhawks loss before the series (ask wsoxfan). Refs/shit PP did them in though. Hopefully a 2nd straight 1st round exit means some big changes.

He did. Doesn't make it any less embarrassing how tonight went down though.

Glad to see Blackhawk fail, hate them

l know you're new to this whole hockey thing, seeing as how your team was irrelevant until this year, but it's Blackhawks. And don't worry, everyone hates your team more because of the boring-as-fuck trap it plays.

Top Bottom