• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2017 |OT| The Previous Thread is in the Hall of Fame

Pikma

Banned
I shit my pants.

giphy.gif
💯💯💯

Socreges

Banned
Congrats to Dopey for being the only member of NHL GAF who called the leafs being a playoff team this year, to much ridicule at the time
Much ridicule? Show us the receipts.

For the record, Dopey also predicted the Leafs will win the Cup this year.

Pikma

Banned
Congrats to Dopey for being the only member of NHL GAF who called the leafs being a playoff team this year, to much ridicule at the time
Wait, can you say that again?

The Toronto Maple Leafs will make it to the playoffs, if anyone here thinks otherwise I have two words for you

I remember saying before the end of last season that the Leafs would make the playoffs this year, even LeafsGAF made fun of me :(

You'll make it to the playoffs next year, I can guarantee it
Leafs aren't making the playoffs next year..
We all know they will, stop trying to anti-jinx it

That last post is from 05-01-2016

😉😉😉😉😉😉

Socreges

Banned
to be honest

i... dunno what to think

every single one of my batshit crazy predictions have come true so far
The Leafs making the playoffs was never "batshit crazy". That's the point.

And "every single one" 🙄 Please let's not go down that road.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Leafs making the playoffs was never "batshit crazy". That's the point.

And "every single one" 🙄 Please let's not go down that road.

i meant every single one i made for this year

to tabulate:

Marner/Matthews/Nylander will all get more points than eichel rookie season
Leafs should perform like 2007-08 blackhawks (actually played better)
Leafs will make the playoffs
Leafs will have 6 50+ point players (assumed marner with bozak)... and named each one.
Marner's age and OHL performance points to him having a similar rookie season to patrick kane (roughly correct ratio but approx 5 points off pace) though I believe i didn't give my projection publicly, I was thinking he'd be around 80 points but that's a little bit of a miss. I blame JVR.
Nylander SEL/AHL trend points to him having a similar rookie season to filip forsberg (nailed it)
Matthews season in NLA relative to NHL player's performance in lockout years points to him being in the rocket race (iirc i used rick nash as my reference)
Leafs will win cup

I think that's about everything

Socreges

Banned
This Leafs season has undoubtedly made soothsayers of some otherwise perennial morons, that's for sure.

Coworker of mine picked almost all Leafs players in our pool. His Matthews, Marner and Nylander picks make him look brilliant. He's in last place, of course, but he remains a narrow genius if you don't ask too many questions.

Likewise I'm in good standing in a bet with a friend of mine, that Kadri wouldn't hit 35 goals. He'll have come close, though, which I'm sure will be considered a victory.

Edit - For the record, I'd like to see the Leafs go deep. They're fun to watch and are mostly lacking in detestable shitstains since they're so new on the scene.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
oh that reminds me! I did also suggest Kadri would shoot around 30 goals due to his SH% being so stupidly low last year. Also because lockout season was around 30 goal pace iirc.

but dunno why anyone would bet on 35 goals. too risky.

Marvie_3

Banned
Up to 112 shrines in Zelda. I dont know where else to keep looking though and I dont want to use a guide. 😭😭😭😭😭

Socreges

Banned
Up to 112 shrines in Zelda. I dont know where else to keep looking though and I dont want to use a guide. 😭😭😭😭😭
This worries me. Not to mention the number of Korok seeds in the game. What if you're two short? Where the fuck do you begin? Each one is a mini, intuitive puzzle, but some are pretty obscure.

Maybe BOTW pulls a Metroid and puts a shrine within another shrine.

Marvie_3

Banned
This worries me. Not to mention the number of Korok seeds in the game. What if you're two short? Where the fuck do you begin? Each one is a mini, intuitive puzzle, but some are pretty obscure.

Maybe BOTW pulls a Metroid and puts a shrine within another shrine.
I have no desire to try and find all 900 of those seeds without a guide. I'll chip away at them over time and when I get sick of looking, then I might check a guide.

The shrines I want to find on my own though.

i meant every single one i made for this year

to tabulate:

Marner/Matthews/Nylander will all get more points than eichel rookie season
Leafs should perform like 2007-08 blackhawks (actually played better)
Leafs will make the playoffs
Leafs will have 6 50+ point players (assumed marner with bozak)... and named each one.
Marner's age and OHL performance points to him having a similar rookie season to patrick kane (roughly correct ratio but approx 5 points off pace) though I believe i didn't give my projection publicly, I was thinking he'd be around 80 points but that's a little bit of a miss. I blame JVR.
Nylander SEL/AHL trend points to him having a similar rookie season to filip forsberg (nailed it)
Matthews season in NLA relative to NHL player's performance in lockout years points to him being in the rocket race (iirc i used rick nash as my reference)
Leafs will win cup

I think that's about everything

i'll add a prediction:

all Leafs rookies choke and fail in the Stanley Cup Final game 7 shootout, while Laine is in the audience laughing and gently stroking his Calder watching the tears flow.

yyzjohn

Banned
Edit - For the record, I'd like to see the Leafs go deep. They're fun to watch and are mostly lacking in detestable shitstains since they're so new on the scene.

This literally made my heart flutter. Like the first time a pretty girl gives you the time of day.

Solo

Cuck how you gonna react if the SNES lose to the "Happy 50th anniversary of 0 Stanley Cups" losers in the 1st round?

:eek:

BTails

If the Playoff schedule has Leafs and Flames games on the same night, I'm going to get alcohol poisoning. If they're on alternating nights, I won't be sober for the entire first round.

Either way, I lose
win

Marvie_3

Banned
If the Playoff schedule has Leafs and Flames games on the same night, I'm going to get alcohol poisoning. If they're on alternating nights, I won't be sober for the entire first round.

Either way, I lose
win
You could just pretend to be drunk like cock bus

Yesterday in Zelda I was trying to find an item to take a picture of. At the same time, there was a shrine on my sensor that I couldn't find. When I finally located the shrine, the item I needed was directly above it. It was a great moment.

Either way, I lose
win

I'm going to be in Ottawa on the weekend of the 15th so I just hope I don't miss any games.

Top Bottom