• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

PillarEN

Rob Ray's favorite show was Cops. I'm sure if I made a thread in OT about this after he was in a massive fight it would probably cause a shitstorm. If we pretended he was in the middle of his career.

Wild Jerseys: I like all their current variations. Really like the green color on their "kids level" jerseys where they just have the name spelled out. I don't know how to better explain it. Reminds me of travel hockey jerseys.

Solo

Yeah, the Minnesota North Stars jerseys were great and better than every single variant the Dallas Stars have shit out.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just read on Wikipedia that Mitch Marner's favourite show is The Big Bang Theory.

Trade him.

So? Jake Gardiner listens to Bieber, who cares.
LOCK THEM UP LOCK THEM UP LOCK THEM UP LOCK THEM UP

Yeah, the Minnesota North Stars jerseys were great and better than every single variant the Dallas Stars have shit out.
Dallas should change their team name so Minnesota can use North Stars again. Wild is still probably the dumbest fuckin name in sports.

Solo

I think Markov retires a Hab....I don't think Plekanec does. He's untradeable with his contract, of course, but when his contract expires after next year I can see another team picking him up on the cheap. Still a serviceable defensive 3rd line centre.

Pikma

Banned
But the North Stars jerseys are good.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻🤷🏻

Yawnier

Banned
Oh we're arguing over 70s hockey jerseys now?

The California Golden Seals jerseys are the GOAT

d9522376c71fe4f1.jpg

And in both cases, it's justified, but overstated.

Agreed. Though with MEA I just found the terrible animations funny. I didn't expect them to fix it, say for small things like the backwards gun. I had a lot of problems with ME3 besides the bad ending, that all got drowned out though. I still hate how linear they made the beginning of that game. Kei Leng was also awful. While I get the resentment in both cases, here I think it's more justified. You may not like a story/ending which is fine, but the animations can be objectively bad. Beyond that, the game is also incredibly buggy. I find it funny EA said they would delay MEA if they needed to, then proceeded to release this game that clearly needed more time.

Cake Boss

Banned
ME3 was playable and felt true to ME2, it just wasn't as good. ME:A plays and looks like garbage, that feels like an entirely different franchise.

Beyond that, the game is also incredibly buggy. I find it funny EA said they would delay MEA if they needed to, then proceeded to release this game that clearly needed more time.

I've encountered 1 bug in ME:A thus far, where a character was in one part of the map after the game established that they wouldn't be. Otherwise it's been totally fine. PC though.

I've encountered 1 bug in ME:A thus far, where a character was in one part of the map after the game established that they wouldn't be. Otherwise it's been totally fine. PC though.

I've had squadmates that are in 2 places at once on the Tempest (Drack in the med bay and at the AVP console). Side quests that are broken and cannot be completed. Side quests that interfere with each other so the item you need won't spawn. Missing textures, game failing to load, getting stuck in walls, etc...I'm also playing on PC.

calder

I'm glad I held off on ME:A based on how janky and rough it looks, but I'm sure I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it when I finally pick it up on sale one day.

That said, Bioware teasing an announcement for future patches is fucking funny as shit. In a perfect world they lean into the terrible idea and put a countdown timer on their site or something.

ME3 was a good game with a bad ending. I haven't played MEA, but it doesn't look very good and fan and critical response is pretty negative so it seems like a pretty bad game.

But I don't really understand why people make such a big deal over a bad game. I mean they tried to make it good, but not every game turns out well. Some games are just bad.

Serious deja vu going on with MEA backlash after the ME3 fiasco.

ME3 was salvageable, Andromeda is not. The voice acting, werid bugs, the facial animation where you see a character say I'm angry and their face is expressionless is nothing.

I don't want another ME with the Ryder characters again.

Fuck I miss The Shepards.

I'm glad I held off on ME:A based on how janky and rough it looks, but I'm sure I'll get a lot of enjoyment out of it when I finally pick it up on sale one day.

That said, Bioware teasing an announcement for future patches is fucking funny as shit. In a perfect world they lean into the terrible idea and put a countdown timer on their site or something.

I enjoy the game still, character writing can be bad, but the plot isn't terrible (unlike Halo 4 and 5). There's some interesting plot points and character moments. Combat is fun, the worlds are visually stunning and enjoyable to traverse. It has two of the worst characters in Bioware history though, remember Anders in DAII? Not nearly as grating as Peebee and Liam, if I had an option to space them via an airlock I'd do it.

Reckheim

After the reviews came out i decided to hold off on Andromeda until a sale, but based on what I've seen I am definitely playing as the female Ryder. The goofiness of her face is something that I will enjoy during the whole game. I've always liked weird unintentional shit in 'serious' games.

calder

I enjoy the game still, character writing can be bad, but the plot isn't terrible (unlike Halo 4 and 5). There's some interesting plot points and character moments. Combat is fun, the worlds are visually stunning and enjoyable to traverse. It has two of the worst characters in Bioware history though, remember Anders in DAII? Not nearly as grating as Peebee and Liam, if I had an option to space them via an airlock I'd do it.

Hah oh well it wouldn't be a Bioware game without a companion or two I wanted to murder in their sleep.

One of my favourite things in gaming is building or improving a home base-type location throughout a game by my actions and it sounds like ME:A will scratch that itch well.

Well that sucks Fata1, lol.

That said, Bioware teasing an announcement for future patches is fucking funny as shit.

You'd think that people within the hobby would be pleased that a developer/publisher was acknowledging the critical reaction and issues with their game and setting a firm date for when they'd have more to share on the future road map.

edit: Good grief, that's a tortured sentence.

In terms of awful ME characters, the worstest of all are Jack and Green Guy from ME2.

Hah oh well it wouldn't be a Bioware game without a companion or two I wanted to murder in their sleep.

One of my favourite things in gaming is building or improving a home base-type location throughout a game by my actions and it sounds like ME:A will scratch that itch well.

Not really, once you establish the outpost they don't grow. You can complete quests that improve life of its settlers narratively, but there are no gameplay of visual changes.

Silexx

ME3 was a good game with a bad ending. I haven't played MEA, but it doesn't look very good and fan and critical response is pretty negative so it seems like a pretty bad game.

But I don't really understand why people make such a big deal over a bad game. I mean they tried to make it good, but not every game turns out well. Some games are just bad.

ME: A is not a bad game. Bioware games are simply judged on a curve independent of everything else for some reason.

calder

Not really, once you establish the outpost they don't grow. You can complete quests that improve life of its settlers narratively, but there are no gameplay of visual changes.

Wait, what? I thought you built up the main colony ship thingie or built it up into a little city based on how well you developed outposts? Didn't Smelly say that?

ME: A is not a bad game. Bioware games are simply judged on a curve independent of everything else for some reason.

You're probably right, but whatever the reason people are upset -- because the game is janky as hell or whatever -- it still seems odd that it gets them so mad.

Wait, what? I thought you built up the main colony ship thingie or built it up into a little city based on how well you developed outposts? Didn't Smelly say that?

It's all contrived numbers, you don't gain access to new areas or anything like that beyond the stations initial reveal.

Silexx

It's all contrived numbers, you don't gain access to new areas or anything like that beyond the stations initial reveal.

I'll admit that this is one area where they kinda dropped the ball. It would have been really cool to see your progress in helping the settlements in real time as you completed more quests. Instead, you basically only need to activate the monoliths and, voilà, an outpost is essentially teleported in.

Top Bottom