• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March 2017 |OT| All in

2 games, tops: Doughty's face wasn't sufficiently caved in, Tkachuk's dad knows Quintal, Pronger liked the hit, Ben Burke thinks it's a hockey play etc.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You can see the ref who was right beside them turned his head as he was getting out of the way of the puck. Not sure what the other refs excuse was.

Doughty's body was probably in the way of the other ref's view. Probably literally couldn't see what happened there, and you can't call what you can't see. Or at least that's how it works in WWE, which has rules roughly as consistent as the NHL.

Solo

Pretty much. Only chance for it not to happen is if either the Habs or Rangers completely bomb out now. Rangers are just about locked into that first wild card. 6 points behind third place in the Metro, 14 points (and 11 ROWs) ahead of the second wild card with just 10 games to go. We would pretty much have to go 0-10-0 the rest of the way to be in any real danger of losing our spot.

On the one hand, yay, the Atlantic bracket! On the other hand, it's by far the worst possible draw we could have gotten out of that bracket.

It's going to be a great series. A total coin toss as to the outcome. It'll be close. 6 or 7 games.

Chris R

Oh wow, just now seeing how Toronto decided they wanted to fuck the worst team in the league last night.

I thought it was Avs being fucking shit as usual, didn't know the Refs were in on helping Chicago too.

Marvie_3

Banned
Thought this was pretty cool.

Christopher Kamka‏ @ckamka

Kane & Toews: 6th teammate duo in NHL history to both score 20+ goals in 10 consecutive seasons
#Blackhawks
A1S47Dv.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
It's going to be a great series. A total coin toss as to the outcome. It'll be close. 6 or 7 games.

You guys are 3-0 against us this season, and we can't win in Montreal or beat Carey Price in general.

Sure would be a shame if something unfortunate were to happen.

RIP Command & Conquer

Though I'm not sure if I would like a 'traditional' RTS nowadays. The last one I played was Act of Aggression - made by the folks behind the incredible Wargames series - and I thought it was unbelievably dull.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers are expected to use the same lineup tomorrow night that played in Minnesota on Saturday (that means Buchnevich and Clendening in, Glass and Kampfer out...maybe Jeff Gorton gave AV a talking to on using the young guys).

Henrik Lundqvist, Dan Girardi, and Kevin Klein were all back in regular jerseys at practice today. Hank is still "in the same protocol" for his rehab but is expected to play at some point during our California road trip which begins over the weekend. Girardi and Klein have been medically cleared but need time to get back up to speed and thus will not play tomorrow.

RIP Command & Conquer

Though I'm not sure if I would like a 'traditional' RTS nowadays. The last one I played was Act of Aggression - made by the folks behind the incredible Wargames series - and I thought it was unbelievably dull.

RTS is something that just feels dated as a genre. Even the new Dawn of War is a tough sell for me and those games are all really good.

RTS is something that just feels dated as a genre. Even the new Dawn of War is a tough sell for me and those games are all really good.
i dont feel like calling a genre dated makes any sense, even if you cant get into it anymore its not like the genre is completely irrelevant and shouldnt be made anymore

Starcraft 2 is still dope

i dont feel like calling a genre dated makes any sense, even if you cant get into it anymore its not like the genre is completely irrelevant and shouldnt be made anymore

Starcraft 2 is still dope

It's just too bad that Starcraft 2 barely has a community anymore, and that the only people who really care about a Starcraft remaster at this point are people who still regularly post on team liquid forums.

A genre can be dated regardless of how you feel about it.
Did you play AirLand Battle or Red Dragon? Loved those.

Nah, I did try Grey Goo though. No real opinions on it other than I liked some ideas in there, but you couldn't pay me to play another minute.

Cactus

Banned
Geez Tkachuk. Don't know whether Juolevi will pan out, but I'm glad the Canucks passed on him.

He almost seriously injured Martin Marincin with a slew foot a few months ago. I hope he gets at least a game for this so he's considered a repeat offender from this point forward.

He almost seriously injured Martin Marincin with a slew foot a few months ago. I hope he gets at least a game for this so he's considered a repeat offender from this point forward.

He's in the cycle where he doesn't get discipline because he isn't a repeat offender but he can't be a repeat offender because he never gets discipline. You can only give him the benefit of the doubt for so long.

PillarEN

He's in the cycle where he doesn't get discipline because he isn't a repeat offender but he can't be a repeat offender because he never gets discipline. You can only give him the benefit of the doubt for so long.

Or you get a situation where a team will decide to play someone who is meant to rough him up. One way or another you pay your dues.

Cactus

Banned

I think this might be the dirty play that gets him suspended, though, considering who the recipient was. Doughty aint Davidson, Scandella, or Marincin.

Nah, I did try Grey Goo though. No real opinions on it other than I liked some ideas in there, but you couldn't pay me to play another minute.

I completely forgot about that one.

Actually, come to think of it, I did play through Homeworld 1 & 2 as well as Deserts of Kharak within the past year. Those are all pretty good.

Socreges

Banned
Geez Tkachuk. Don't know whether Juolevi will pan out, but I'm glad the Canucks passed on him.
Yeah I kinda forgot what a shithead he's been. Thankfully he reminded us in a big way.

His dad was never this bad. Kinda seems like he think he's gotta live up to a certain identity.

I'm a Bethesda fan, I get these feelings a lot.

Todd Howard was responsible for that bad thing that happened to you.

I like Bioware, Bethesda and Lionhead, the latter is extinct and Bioware has been on a downward trend wth Dragon Age II onwards. As for Bethesda, FO4 sucked, though I've always liked Elder Scrolls more, New Vegas included.

RIP Command & Conquer

Halo Wars 2 envokes CC feelings.

Top Bottom