• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL March |OT| It's Spring, Not Autumn, But The Leafs Are Fallin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
nah it will be

pierre-mcguire-h1000-headshot.hmedium.jpg
YES

Shipping him off to Amerikuh wasn't enough. He still creeps his way into Canada time to time. He needs to be removed from television altogether.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Pierre McGuire sounded like he making a real pitch to be Habs GM this morning on Ottawa radio.

How odd on Toronto radio he was stating he so far had not been contacted and made it seem he's more than happy doing what he's doing now and wouldn't change it.

Managed to get round 1 game 1 tickets for the play offs. Will be my first play off game ever, can't wait :)

Hey, you are back. I fully expect the Vancouver bandwagon to get going.

We are missing netmapel, ShaneB, c-jo etc....

Welcome aboard, please watch the sodium levels when your team doesn't make it past the 1st round.

FortunateSon

you do realize that 1 win at this point can truly make a huge difference in the prospect we get, right?

Yes. Fine, don't win; but at least play with some integrity or with heart. Lets not be completely dominated like last game (7-1).

What happens between now and July 2nd could massively change our chances at becoming a contender

Dude, we won't be a contender in a year. We might be a vastly improved team with the new additions and the draft pick; but we still have ways to go.

Considering where we are contract wise with kessel and a few other players, we need to fail as best as we can to ensure a quicker return to greatness

Honest question, do you think Kessel will re-sign with the leafs down the road? Do you like Kessel?

I understand, it sucks watching our team flounder like a bunch of idiots, but it's necessary for the good of the future of the organization and it's fans

I agree! But there are some out there "but, but, but the playoffs!>?!?!?!.rsdfsd" .....

You know what I mean.

Silexx

How odd on Toronto radio he was stating he so far had not been contacted and made it seem he's more than happy doing what he's doing now and wouldn't change it.

He did confirm that he had not yet been contacted about the position, but he also stated that if asked for an interview for Habs GM, he would absolutely take it. He then proceeded for the rest of the segment on what he would do if he got the job and why having no previous experience should not disqualify him for the position.

Haha, Buffalo's having a sort of Tim Connolly Day:

Have a #19 jersey? Come to the #Sabres Store today to get the name switched to "Hodgson" for free! Today & for #19 only for #SabresFanDay.

Sort of like when they did the Slug Day deal.

Canucks top line tonight:

Burrows-Henrik-Lapierre

Bieksa given the entire week off for maintenance. Edler-Tanev looks to be the top pairing again.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Canucks top line tonight:

Burrows-Henrik-Lapierre

Bieksa given the entire week off for maintenance. Edler-Tanev looks to be the top pairing again.

Lapierre, Burrows and Henrik on the same line? Be prepared to constantly have one of the three in the penalty box.

Stop trying to poach our assistant GM!!

He worked for the Sens before Detroit hired him, so technically you poached him from us :p

Seems @DownGoesBrown was having a bit of a meltdown on Twitter.

Looks like reality is starting to sink in LOL.

Pierre McGuire sounded like he making a real pitch to be Habs GM this morning on Ottawa radio.

Ha he was making the same pitches last summer when it rumored he'd take over for Murray in Ottawa. I was sick to my stomach.

Smiley90

Henrik does love his hooking calls.

And Lapierre and Burrows.... Are lapierre and burrows, that needs no further explanation.

Also, I feel now is a good time to say that if anyone from Canucks-GAF is looking for playoff-tix, I can probably get up to 4 tickets/game (apart from WCF/SCF, there only 2) for any game of the playoffs for cheap (~100 bucks, last year i got SCF game 7 tix for 180 each. Prices get slightly more expensive per round), so hit me up with a PM if you're interested. Upper level, but Canucks attacking zone twice.

Also, I feel now is a good time to say that if anyone from Canucks-GAF is looking for playoff-tix, I can probably get up to 4 tickets/game (apart from WCF/SCF, there only 2) for any game of the playoffs for cheap (~100 bucks, last year i got SCF game 7 tix for 180 each. Prices get slightly more expensive per round), so hit me up with a PM if you're interested. Upper level, but Canucks attacking zone twice.
nGLbr.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Not in Montreal, but somewheres else, most definitely. He was thrown under the bus in Montreal and had run his course with the team, but he also did a lot of good things here that people like to ignore. Good hockey mind. He'll be a GM or coach somewhers else in a few years.

Pat Hickey said:
The new GM’s first task will be to hire a new coach – even if he spoke French, Randy Cunnyworth hasn’t done enough to retain his position – and the Canadiens should look internally and bring back Jacques Martin, who is still under contract......the biggest mistake Gauthier made was firing Martin, who got the most out of a small, injury-decimated team in two playoff appearances. He deserves another kick at the can.
He meant in Montreal.

Of course his number will be retired. No question in that. He needs to retire, he can't keep up anymore.

This game tonight should be pretty fucking boring.

Edit: Also wut. I just noticed 'Rene' Bourque.

Yo bro, when I left work yesterday I ran into Giggy.

I run into hockey players all the time since the Westin in Calgary is attached to my building and all the opposing teams stay there. I did my whole shtick on 'beating Calgary" and he enjoyed it.

I can't believe no one else recognize these guys, I think I have a problem. I ran into Cory Clouston last Thursday and everyone thought I had a soft spot for creepy short gingers.

RC

Banned
And Lapierre and Burrows.... Are lapierre and burrows, that needs no further explanation.

Influx of PM's incoming.

Socreges

Banned
-shrug- I'll see what happens, quiet so far :p I get them through work, and the pool of people who could get it is quite small, so I can usually get all I want. And I can't go to all the games myself :p
Don't get me wrong. Was more commenting on how good a value that price is. I think it's awesome that you're giving NHL-GAF dibs.

Smiley90

Don't get me wrong. I think it's awesome that you're giving NHL-GAF dibs on such a great (relative) value. You're good people.

Yeah it feels good to sell someone stanley cup WCF tickets for the price of a regular season ticket from ticketmaster.

Edit: I'm not planning on making profit on these tickets, just so that's clear.

RC

Banned
Yeah it feels good to sell someone stanley cup WCF tickets for the price of a regular season ticket from ticketmaster.

Edit: I'm not planning on making profit on these tickets, just so that's clear.

Where were you last season? I spent $225 for a single ticket to game 5 in the WCF, for pretty much the worst seat in the house. Still well worth it though.

Smiley90

Where were you last season? I spent $225 for a single ticket to game 5 in the WCF, for pretty much the worst seat in the house. Still well worth it though.

I try not to think about what I could've earned if I'd sold my SCF G7 tix last season, probably could've made 1k off each... But decided to go instead. It was one of the most surreal experiences of my life, seeing them lose, the reactions of everyone in the arena, some raging at Boston fans, others defending them and congratulating them, the applause Lucic got when he raised the cup, the Canucks players on the verge of crying... And then leaving the arena to see my city in smoke. Also, wishing Boston fans "good luck, be careful getting home, better stay in the Arena for a little longer" after hearing about the riots. Chills, I'm telling you.

Now that I do think about it, I'm still glad I went.

bardia

Wow that's crazy pretty cheap. Cheapest tickets this year are going for $140 through ticket master. I'm sure you'll be getting plenty of PMs if we make it past the 1st round :)

Hey, you are back. I fully expect the Vancouver bandwagon to get going.

We are missing netmapel, ShaneB, c-jo etc....

Never left, been here all season watching you trying to get the sand out of your vagina whenever a discussion about the Canucks comes up :)

Socreges

Banned
Never left, been here all season watching you trying to get the sand out of your vagina whenever a discussion about the Canucks comes up :)
Never required. He'll launch into bitter diatribes for no reason.

The people he lists is bizarre, too. C-Jo and NetMapel have been around (reg or playoffs) for ages and have simply stopped posting. Shane B is from the east coast and happened to be in Vancouver. He's not even a Canucks fan.

I try not to think about what I could've earned if I'd sold my SCF G7 tix last season, probably could've made 1k off each... But decided to go instead. It was one of the most surreal experiences of my life, seeing them lose, the reactions of everyone in the arena, some raging at Boston fans, others defending them and congratulating them, the applause Lucic got when he raised the cup, the Canucks players on the verge of crying... And then leaving the arena to see my city in smoke. Also, wishing Boston fans "good luck, be careful getting home, better stay in the Arena for a little longer" after hearing about the riots. Chills, I'm telling you.

Now that I do think about it, I'm still glad I went.

That's how I feel (on a lesser scale obviously) about the Winter Classic. Would have loved to see the Flyers win, but that was an unreal experience. I went to a Pens/Flyers playoff game a few years ago with AMAZING seats behind the Pens bench. It was even more amazing than the Classic. I lost my voice. It was the one game where Fleury got pulled. We heckled him SO much. I don't think I've ever been more vulgar in my life. You could tell we got to them too cuz players would start to squirt water over. One of the most amazing experiences of my entire life. And that wasn't even THAT big of a series.

Big pride game tonight. I'd like to see us come out with the 'if we're not going to the playoffs, you're not either' attitude and stick with it. But I expect a boring no-show with captain Milan at the helm. Hearing Sacco is likely being signed again would take the wind out of my sails too, so I can sympathize.

I know someone with season tickets who sold his SCF Game 7 tickets for a few thousand. Lower bowl. I asked him "what if they won", and he said he'd still have sold them.

Not sure if I would've sold 2010 Gold Medal game tickets. Then again I heard they were going for 20k.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Just got home with my 50 Mega Millions lottery tickets!!! Nothing to lose now, got laid off today, whole studio shut down, so let's win that money and GOOOO WINGS!!!!

Fei

And Pens fans were trying to tell us Fleury/Johnson was one of the top goalie combos in the league... Johnson's the only reason this is a game so far.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I got a couple of Budaj-era flashbacks watching him in that 1st period. Enough to make me uncomfortable and stop watching.
Budaj has been pretty good this year. Doesn't have a lot of wins cause the rest of the team has been playing like shit, but he's kept them in games. I was terrified when they first signed him but actually having a goalie coach seems to be really helping him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom