• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Pie is great. I usually don't like desert stuff that's super dense so if imma eat a cake it has to be a light cake.

I can't eat cheesecake since I ate one of those strawberry cheesecake blizzards and threw up all the next day. The throwing up and the blizzard were probably unrelated but since it's the last thing I ate that day I just can't do it.

zroid

Banned
Pie is great. I usually don't like desert stuff that's super dense so if imma eat a cake it has to be a light cake.

I can't eat cheesecake since I ate one of those strawberry cheesecake blizzards and threw up all the next day. The throwing up and the blizzard were probably unrelated but since it's the last thing I ate that day I just can't do it.

Damn man, even if it was related, those cheesecake bits in the blizzards are like the worst cheesecake imaginable. If you can, try Japanese cheesecake. It's completely different from the prototypical cheesecake, very light and fluffy. Yum.

Cactus

Banned

That has happened to me with a couple of different foods.

I couldn't eat cashews for more than a year. I still prefer to avoid ground beef...

zroid

Banned
Enroth also signed for 1 year in the KHL. Going to be interesting to see all these depth NHLers take one year deals in Europe so they can get a shot at the Olympics.

Weevilone

Blues fan with terrible taste? Shocking. ��

As a lifelong Blues fan, I don't really appreciate sweets. I'm way more into salty at this point.

I did some work a couple days ago with a customer in Montreal. After hearing him complain about how long it's been since Habs won a cup, I had to tell him I wasn't really feeling sympathetic.

Pikma

Banned
Cakes are for dumb people and zroid

🍦 4️⃣ 👶🏻👦🏻👨🏻👴🏻💀

Tampa has got their core locked up for reasonable delas but damn if those Killorn and Callahan contracts arent stoppning them from filling with complimentary pieces.

calder

5y5qi0gwu2ln9h5241gz1.gif

Socreges

Banned
😐

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/a...e-it-and-how-much-does-it-take-to-win-the-cup

Will just target the low-hanging fruit. Frolik qualifies, but not Horvat. 🤔

There are some surprises sprinkled throughout, but I do think this list works for the most part (fans from certain fanbases may disagree and to them I say yes, I do hate your favorite player and/or team). Most of the surprises are likely due to teammate effects which are difficult to suss out, making some players look better because of who they play with. Overall, it feels like the majority of players are ranked correctly, though I’m a little biased because it’s my model
So he admits it!

Socreges

Banned
GAF just seems to have gotten so much worse. There's a truly sick, reprehensible group of people that only seem to be growing (think more on the spectrum of Trump supporters), so it's very obvious what side to take in OT issues. Yet, some of the far left posters just seem to have no basis in reality and it feels inauthentic to just blindly join their side when I really only agree with 75% of what they're saying. It just seems like a constant battleground between both sides, and while I am not in any way saying they are "equally bad" (one is clearly far far worse) I don't enjoy the battle and GAF just seems to be switching more and more to that black and white polarity these days.

I've asked an admin to delete my account. May hang around the discord in the future. And for the record I never was beez or Manics or Forza. I know not all of you like me, but I didn't know where else to post this. Farewell and all the best.
I enjoy your presence, though yes I think/thought you are/were Manics and/or Forza

And I agree about GAF. I'm a liberal, a progressive, etc etc. In the past I've never had to defend myself against other liberals and progressives. But I think I'm also a critical thinker so occasionally I contradict the hive and holy fuck they're tedious. I think it all started last year with Bernie/Clinton and that divide. Now it's continued with Trump and how entrenched and passionate/emotional people have become. No room for skepticism.

GAF just seems to have gotten so much worse. There's a truly sick, reprehensible group of people that only seem to be growing (think more on the spectrum of Trump supporters), so it's very obvious what side to take in OT issues. Yet, some of the far left posters just seem to have no basis in reality and it feels inauthentic to just blindly join their side when I really only agree with 75% of what they're saying. It just seems like a constant battleground between both sides, and while I am not in any way saying they are "equally bad" (one is clearly far far worse) I don't enjoy the battle and GAF just seems to be switching more and more to that black and white polarity these days.

I've asked an admin to delete my account. May hang around the discord in the future. And for the record I never was beez or Manics or Forza. I know not all of you like me, but I didn't know where else to post this. Farewell and all the best.

You're free to stay in the discord anytime. LeafsGAF will retire your number *salutes*

I enjoy your presence, though yes I think/thought you are/were Manics and/or Forza

And I agree about GAF. I'm a liberal, a progressive, etc etc. In the past I've never had to defend myself against other liberals and progressives. But I think I'm also a critical thinker so occasionally I contradict the hive and holy fuck they're tedious. I think it all started last year with Bernie/Clinton and that divide. Now it's continued with Trump and how entrenched and passionate/emotional people have become. No room for skepticism.

I recommend this article to the both of you. https://thepointmag.com/2017/politics/final-fantasy-neoreactionary-politics-liberal-imagination

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Eh in politics there's always going to be a disagreement.

I think the problem has arisen where the classical right wingers/centre are now considered left wingers, so the discord becomes apparent. That's what happens when right wing politics just vaults itself to the extreme right. A lot of us agree where we're going is wrong but we can't agree where to turn the ship.

Socreges

Banned

I think the problem has arisen where the classical right wingers/centre are now considered left wingers, so the discord becomes apparent. That's what happens when right wing politics just vaults itself to the extreme right. A lot of us agree where we're going is wrong but we can't agree where to turn the ship.
Personally I don't agree with this, though I also don't know what you're talking about.

imBask

Banned

idk I feel like it's the opposite (on GAF)

I feel like Centre-left is basically the new far right now in OT

Yawnier

Banned

Goodbye :(

I will miss your groovy stats anaylsis

DopeyFish

Personally I don't agree with this, though I also don't know what you're talking about.

I call it the broadening of the spectrum. The right wing spectrum is narrowing, so therefore the left wing spectrum is broadening. When people, particularly young people and people in the centre experience a drastic shift in right wing politics, they will tend to disassociate themselves with the movements they do not believe in and align themselves with the movements that generally agree with their world view.

Because of this, it opens up the conversation and deepens the topic coverage in the spectrum and you end up having more infighting. Because a lot of right and centrist people are fuelling left wing wave because of the stuff on the right, it brings more exposure to some of the other shit in the wing. Since you have all these extreme left, left, centre left, centre and centre right people coming together, a lot of the time unknowingly, you end up having a lot more disagreements and potshots. It can get toxic due to everyone agreeing with the cause, but not everyone agreeing to which extreme to find a solution. This blending can give the appearance that the left is sliding to the right but it's not. Just a side effect of the mix.

It's just how it is.

Quick

Banned
Goodbye, User33.

If it's any consolation, I think you're a good dude just based on your history here.

If PoliGAF/Canada PoliGAF is what's made you feel you need to leave, I hope NHL-GAF made up for it.

Yawnier

Banned

I call it the broadening of the spectrum. The right wing spectrum is narrowing, so therefore the left wing spectrum is broadening. When people, particularly young people and people in the centre experience a drastic shift in right wing politics, they will tend to disassociate themselves with the movements they do not believe in and align themselves with the movements that generally agree with their world view.

Because of this, it opens up the conversation and deepens the topic coverage in the spectrum and you end up having more infighting. Because a lot of right and centrist people are fuelling left wing wave because of the stuff on the right, it brings more exposure to some of the other shit in the wing. Since you have all these extreme left, left, centre left, centre and centre right people coming together, a lot of the time unknowingly, you end up having a lot more disagreements and potshots. It can get toxic due to everyone agreeing with the cause, but not everyone agreeing to which extreme to find a solution. This blending can give the appearance that the left is sliding to the right but it's not. Just a side effect of the mix.

It's just how it is.

Oh no don't get me wrong. The last thing I wanted was for you to elaborate. Sorry that's on me, for sure

Well, not the first time you preferred to remain shrouded in ignorance, I'm sure.

Dopey Enlightenment is its own brand of horror. I would rather live in darkness

You already do.

giphy.gif

DopeyFish

well this is confusing

debating between 2 pizzas... one from a place called wings and things and the other gino's pizza

order from wings and things... a pizza from gino's arrives

i ... what?

Top Bottom