• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

imBask

Banned
so apparently, 25stanley says he got some infos "so troubling" about the Canadiens that V tele (the TV channel who owns 25stanley) told them not to release it because they don't want to have to deal with the backlash. He also added that if they woud've released it a week ago, it would still be making the headlines

Take it or leave it, 25stanley is usually clickbaity but he did put a lot of butter on that one

bigJP

so apparently, 25stanley says he got some infos "so troubling" about the Canadiens that V tele (the TV channel who owns 25stanley) told them not to release it because they don't want to have to deal with the backlash. He also added that if they woud've released it a week ago, it would still be making the headlines

Take it or leave it, 25stanley is usually clickbaity but he did put a lot of butter on that one
Darkest day in habs history part 2
Which former coach is gonna cry first on live television

What the heck could it be? 25stanley has always been a Habs Tabloid.

I'm thinking about slowly shuffling through a deck of cards and removing ones at random on my Twitch Stream, if anyone's down for that.

Twitch: RespectTheGame67

Socreges

Banned
Just checked it out

Plekanec and Hudon for Fleury and Rask

Fans would ask for Canes GM resignation if he said No

Trade Accepted

🤔

PillarEN

Consequences_933011_793551.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

25 Stanley is des ordures

Quick

Banned

Should we start tracking Habs flights?

Socreges

Banned
Master of None question. First Date episode:

Is that girl racist for having the racist jar? Or just really ignorant? Does being ignorant in that respect make her unavoidably a racist? So, in order to be a white person who is a non-racist, does that require a minimum level of education and worldliness or interaction with minorities (in order to be educated)? Or should she know, in a vacuum, that the exaggerated characteristics are obviously racist...and so by possessing it is tacitly condoning racism? 🤔

I ask here because I know some of you have seen the show, are Indian/Black/Filipino yourselves, and may give me the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming I'm defending racism.

PillarEN

This pic fascinated me so I looked into its background and...that poor fucking girl. The internet is a terrible place.

She was removed from the care of her parents. She never had a chance.

Should we start tracking Habs flights?

Habs fans are pretty much the equivalent of Kojima fanatics. I mean Kojima-GAF called the head transplant doctor to ask if he was involved with MGS5 and the Canadiens fans called the cops to throw Chara into a Canadian Siberia prison to be eaten by polar bears.

Cake Boss

Banned
Master of None question. First Date episode:

Is that girl racist for having the racist jar? Or just really ignorant? Does being ignorant in that respect make her unavoidably a racist? So, in order to be a white person who is a non-racist, does that require a minimum level of education and worldliness or interaction with minorities (in order to be educated)? Or should she know, in a vacuum, that the exaggerated characteristics are obviously racist...and so by possessing it is tacitly condoning racism? 🤔

I ask here because I know some of you have seen the show, are Indian/Black/Filipino yourselves, and may give me the benefit of the doubt rather than assuming I'm defending racism.

hmm...I would say judging by her reaction to it, she just seems ignorant and uninformed about the fact that the jar is offensive to the people that its depicting, it would have been different if she was aware of the issue and still chooses to have it up in her apartment.

The show touches on this issue a couple of times where Dev whenever meeting a white person that kind of acts ignorant or strange around him thats usually followed by a racial comment, he usually brushes it off and says its coming from a right place, instead of hate. Some people are just simply uninformed and they get stuck in a inner circle in their social and/or professional lives, where there is very little exposure to other cultures and minorities, making it harder for them to understand their issues, struggles and conflicts or simply not knowing that a depiction of a black person like that in a jar is simply not acceptable form in our society anymore.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers fired Ken Gernander as coach of the Hartford Wolf Pack. I guess coming in dead last will do that.

EDIT: Actually, looks like the team is doing a lot of Wolf Pack housekeeping today. Chris Drury is the new GM of the Wolf Pack. Jim Schoenfeld loses that part of his job and goes back to being "only" the Senior Vice President and Assistant GM of the Rangers.

Socreges

Banned
hmm...I would say judging by her reaction to it, she just seems ignorant and uninformed about the fact that the jar is offensive to the people that its depicting, it would have been different if she was aware of the issue and still chooses to have it up in her apartment.

The show touches on this issue a couple of times where Dev whenever meeting a white person that kind of acts ignorant or strange around him thats usually followed by a racial comment, he usually brushes it off and says its coming from a right place, instead of hate. Some people are just simply uninformed and they get stuck in a inner circle in their social and/or professional lives, where there is very little exposure to other cultures and minorities, making it harder for them to understand their issues, struggles and conflicts or simply not knowing that a depiction of a black person like that in a jar is simply not acceptable form in our society anymore.
Nicely put. That's how I see it...but Dev told her she was a racist and fucked it all up. Oh well at least he got his nut off

Top Bottom