• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Socreges

Banned
Just finished Amarsi un po (Master of None)

I know how this ends. She's not going to up-end her life for Dev, regardless of her feelings. She'll go back home. And she'll eventually marry Peno. She may even hurt Dev in order to break free emotionally. Years later he'll find himself thinking of Franceska nostalgically, checking her profile on Facebook to be reminded how beautiful she is but then also how she unfriended and blocked him because Peno realized something was going on and she had to preserve the one stable thing in her life. Ultimately it was probably the right decision because they only knew each other in this tense, amorous honeymoon state where no flaws are shared and the consequences of such a decision are ignored. Avoid the peril, recede to safe states, and try to forget what may have been.

*cough* ....what?

Marvie_3

Banned
If Nylander gets a point in the final, a gretzky record will fall!

Most points by a 21 year old in world championships
qofAKMC.gif

PillarEN

While Anime generally is a mistake, Your Lie in April on Netflix is tearjerkingly good. VERY slice of life.

Watch, then listen to this. Or do whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu2A5x_39Eo

I definitely want to watch this cause that's exactly my type of anime. Unavailable on Crunchyroll though which is my only legit option in my country so it will have to wait.

I watched an anime movie yesterday. Spirited Away. It was really good considering I don't watch anime.

Studio Ghibli flick. Their films are likeable by weebs and normal sane people. Watch Grave of the Fireflies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
ugh lets hope not. a hard to look at Nylander is no Wayne Gretzky.

To be fair, even though it's a Gretzky record... It's just that 21 year olds are weirdly underrepresented.

Eric lindros did 17 in 8 games when younger.

Plus nobody is touching the top records, which were achieved with over 4 ppg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

I know how this ends. She's not going to up-end her life for Dev, regardless of her feelings. She'll go back home. And she'll eventually marry Peno. She may even hurt Dev in order to break free emotionally. Years later he'll find himself thinking of Franceska nostalgically, checking her profile on Facebook to be reminded how beautiful she is but then also how she unfriended and blocked him because Peno realized something was going on and she had to preserve the one stable thing in her life. Ultimately it was probably the right decision because they only knew each other in this tense, amorous honeymoon state where no flaws are shared and the consequences of such a decision are ignored. Avoid the peril, recede to safe states, and try to forget what may have been.

*cough* ....what?

I want to read this but still have a few episodes left.

Socreges

Banned
I want to read this but still have a few episodes left.
While there are spoilers for that episode and that's the point, please understand that the majority of the post is actually about my own life. 😜

I am ridiculously excited for Twin Peaks tonight.

Can't believe we're getting 16 hours of all new David Lynch material in 2017.
16?? Holy shit I thought it'd be 10 50 min episodes or something

Also stoked. Gotta watch FWWM first, though. Will maybe try to do that tonight as I can't watch the new ep until I get home tomorrow anyhow.

calder

I've never watched Twin Peaks, but we did watch the first 20 minutes of the pilot on demand last night and I can see why it was so unusual in 1990. Was kinda interesting, may watch more as it's a long weekend. The fact the second season is apparel garbage makes it an easier commitment.

While we're talking TV: Brockmire is the best new comedy in years. Holy shit every episode is hilarious.

Samyy

While there are spoilers for that episode and that's the point, please understand that the majority of the post is actually about my own life. 😜

I think this season really affected me because yea, dealing with a similar situation myself right now and just hating myself for it

falling for someone I know is in a long term relationship, stupid stupid stupid >.<

PillarEN

Lol. The Czech commentator literally shat himself when the camera showed Tyson Barrie. He couldn't believe he was in the arena.

Socreges

Banned

*cough* ....what?
Just finished Buona Notte and the season:

*Don Cherry I told you* shit played out so similarly to my situation. Except the Peno in my story came across her messages to me and that was the catalyst for things ending.

That's one reason why the show is so good.
It isn't afraid to be realistic and deprive the audience of the happy ending. Because life doesn't always work out that way. They even dealt with both narratives equally without favouring one: did she truly love Dev or was it just an escape for her.

I think this season really affected me because yea, dealing with a similar situation myself right now and just hating myself for it

falling for someone I know is in a long term relationship, stupid stupid stupid >.<
Bail.

mdubs

Banned
Deciding anything of consequence via a shootout is disgraceful, and the IIHF can piss off with these ridiculous international rules

Top Bottom