• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

kingbean

So small question for everyone who in route B or beyond!

Can we found/buy a chip that let you see locked treasure chests on the mini-map?

you need to go to the place near the factory to trigger the first event of this quest! And don't worry about your level, you can do them later if you don't manage to beat them, or even on NG+, you keep everything! I personnally fought an ennemy lvl 60 at lvl 30, it was long but i beat it!

Yeah I did the
Master Servo
quest when he was level 40. It wasn't hard just took time.

I'll head to the place closest to the factory and try again. I did go there for another side quest and it didn't kick off. Maybe it will this time.

I think I'm spending too much time on side quests when I know i'll need to rebeat the game anyway.

Yeah I did the
Master Servo
quest when he was level 40. It wasn't hard just took time.

I'll head to the place closest to the factory and try again. I did go there for another side quest and it didn't kick off. Maybe it will this time.

I think I'm spending too much time on side quests when I know i'll need to rebeat the game anyway.

You know the road block where the RED AREA is (near the factory) ? You can go under it, the quest will begin there (it didn't for the two other place, so it must be the same for everyone)

jonjonaug

Is it something that can be reverted or removed all together? I don't really like it...

The only way I've seen to have it triggered is to use the self destruct move, but I never used that in normal gameplay. I think all the clothes come back if you die/reload/teleport too.

Samaritan

Can I get a confirmation on whether or not my 'Machine Examination I' quest is bugged? No matter what I try or where I am on the platform, I cannot examine anything. The objective arrow appears over the
Goliath's head
but if I try landing on it, I just slide right off.

JayEH

Can I get a confirmation on whether or not my 'Machine Examination I' quest is bugged? No matter what I try or where I am on the platform, I cannot examine anything. The objective arrow appears over the
Goliath's head

Get under it and press circle. You'll see the icon.

Goliath's head

there's a small road/concrete piece on the ground right in front of his face, go there and you will be able to examine it without any problem (make sure there's isn't any hostile ennemy near it)

Samaritan

Get under it and press circle. You'll see the icon.

there's a small road/concrete piece on the ground right in front of his face, go there and you will be able to examine it without any problem (make sure there's isn't any hostile ennemy near it)

Well I certainly feel dumb. I ran under his stupid head at least half a dozen times, but because there was no visible button prompt, I didn't think to hit circle. Thanks guys! Appreciate it.

taoofjord

1) Holy shit at what happens when you self destruct.

2) How is NG+ handled? Do you keep your side quest progress? I don't really want to grind through every side quest in my first play through but I've done enough now that I'd rather not redo them.

1) Holy shit at what happens when you self destruct.

2) How is NG+ handled? Do you keep your side quest progress? I don't really want to grind through every side quest in my first play through but I've done enough now that I'd rather not redo them.

you keep everything, level, sidequest, items, etc... And you will be able to do sidequest you missed

To people who finished, does it feel like Nier? Does it deliver the feels and soundtrack?

don't know about the feel yet, but the soundtrack is amazing, lots of memorable tracks! Just don't except it be as good as the first one.... i mean the first one was basically perfect for me, in ma top 3 soundtrack of all times, all songs were good!

heringer

TissueBox

Man after beating it...that Deserving of Life track from amazarashi pierces me. It really is a hell of a thing to say, that despite (or because of) everything, you will always be deserving of life.

*quietly weeps in a corner somewhere*

Body_Hammer

Neo Member
Super jealous of those who got the Black Box Edition.

How many endings are there? With people talking about "Ending W", I imagine quite a few.

jonjonaug

Super jealous of those who got the Black Box Edition.

How many endings are there? With people talking about "Ending W", I imagine quite a few.

There are twenty-six endings, although most of those are joke endings or non-standard game overs

More detail

A lot of them you get by running away from a scripted event. A couple you get by dying in certain circumstances. At least one you get for killing a vital NPC. All of those will simply put you back at the last point you saved, except for the ones you can get at the very start of a playthrough which will just have you start the game from the beginning of the route you're on instead.

Even more detail

Only the first five endings are tied to the story, the rest are the joke/non-standard endings.

There are twenty-six endings, although most of those are joke endings or non-standard game overs

More detail

A lot of them you get by running away from a scripted event. A couple you get by dying in certain circumstances. At least one you get for killing a vital NPC. All of those will simply put you back at the last point you saved, except for the ones you can get at the very start of a playthrough which will just have you start the game from the beginning of the route you're on instead.

Even more detail

Only the first five endings are tied to the story, the rest are the joke/non-standard endings.

is there a list somewhere of all the joke endings? tried a lot of things, but i only got 5 now! I'm on route B

1. dying in the shmup section at the beginning
2. self-destruct in the bunker
3. eating the makerele
4. remove the OS chip
5. going the wrong way with 9S

Aeana

Any reasonably (i.e. not braindead slow) ways to make a bit of cash? I'd like to be able to fund both the inventor sidequest and the wandering couple whom I just ran into again and they want 50k. (._. )

Nya

I just finished it ... Got the endings
A,B,C,D and E

Ok, so I am a massive Yoko Taro fan and I LOVE the previous Nier so much that I thought that no matter how good Automata is it will never surpass the greatness of the original and boy was I wrong ...

Personally I think Yoko Taro really brought his A game in this game, everything from story, characters, plots, and twists was just something I found myself completely immersed in. The world, though a bit empty, was really interesting to explore.

The combat wasn't deepest of Platinum but it sure as hell was fun that I never really got bored of it. There is enough variety in it to keep it interesting throughout of routes of the game.

My opinion on story and characters (will spoiler tag it cause I want to talk about it in detail)

I am so glad Yoko's craziness carried over to Automata, I was a bit scared he wouldn't go all crazy on us after hearing it was going to be a "happy ending". Route A and B ended on a note I wasn't really satisfied with, I was actually worried route C would be about a different ending to the same story in route A which felt really incomplete to me. But after starting route C, and witnessing things really go out of control, I was instantly hooked again. Seeing 2B die was heart wrenching, and finally calling 9S "Nines" man, I was so close to tears. Watching 9S fall into revenge madness was so sad, considering how cheerful he was in the beginning of the game, watching him be really dark and depressed made me feel for him. The ending, oh the ending. I will never accept the one where they all die and get deleted, screw that! I fought for ending E where they all get to live, they deserve it :(

Ending E though, lmao I really did NOT see that coming. I was blown away and was reminded why Yoko Taro is one of my favorite directors, this kind of madness only exist in Taro's games.

The characters were all great, even the supporting ones. Doing their personal quests and learning more of their past and their desires made me appreciate them, and when things went to hell I felt really bad .. Operator-san </3

2B however, felt a little under-developed for me. I still think she's great but she could've used more character depth imo. A2 is freaking AWESOME!! I didn't expect I'd like her at all from trailers, but watching her banter with Pod and seeing her soften up to Pascal and co made me adore her! 9S is my favorite character in the entire game, I think he's the character that had a lot of depth and he's the one who showed most interest in the world and its people.

Music was phenomenal, its even on par or even better than the original. Okabe really did a great job with this one!

The side quests were well written imo, even if most of them were fetch quests.

Anyway, this game is easily my GOTY for 2017.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Question about getting the real ending (afraid to read too much to not get spoiled):
Are there any requirements just beating the game with 2B, then 9S and then doing the playthrough? Like a % of quests/certain quests/% of weapons?

jonjonaug

Any reasonably (i.e. not braindead slow) ways to make a bit of cash? I'd like to be able to fund both the inventor sidequest and the wandering couple whom I just ran into again and they want 50k. (._. )

In later routes when more higher level enemies appear they start dropping machine cores like candy. The amount I could sell them for went up too, although I don't know if that was due to a weapon skill or something.

I just saved Wandering Couple for NG+. The inventor sidequest saves its progress across playthroughs too so you don't have to worry about that resetting.

Question about getting the real ending (afraid to read too much to not get spoiled):
Are there any requirements just beating the game with 2B, then 9S and then doing the playthrough? Like a % of quests/certain quests/% of weapons?

There are no percentage requirements for any of the main story endings that I know of
, HOWEVER
there are hidden bosses with % requirements that I believe may have some of the non-standard endings

either invest in drop rate up chips, and sell a lot of thing you find (every item that said i can be sold for money in the description, just sold them), or just do these quest later, like in your second playthrough where you'll get cash more easily

Music was phenomenal, its even on par or even better than the original. Okabe really did a great job with this one!

can't really agree here! While i love Automata's music (only did ending A though) and they're truly amazing! It really has hard time reaching the bar that the first one installed!

Of course it's just my opinion, but the remixes were not better than the originals, and a lot a music just tried to be like the first nier without bringing anything new! And they didn't fit as well with the event that occurs in the game!

I sound harsh i know, it's just that the first raised the bar so high, it's pretty hard to attain the same level! But again, let's all agree on this, THE MUSIC ARE AMAZING, NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT! And it's also way better than the drakengard 3 soundtrack!

Aeana

In later routes when more higher level enemies appear they start dropping machine cores like candy. The amount I could sell them for went up too, although I don't know if that was due to a weapon skill or something.

I just saved Wandering Couple for NG+. The inventor sidequest saves its progress across playthroughs too so you don't have to worry about that resetting.

I was operating under the assumption that these sidequests would go away once I get the first ending. If that's not the case, then I won't worry about it for now I guess.

jonjonaug

I was operating under the assumption that these sidequests would go away once I get the first ending. If that's not the case, then I won't worry about it for now I guess.

You'll still need to head over to the factory again for Wandering Couple to do the first leg of their quest, but that's fairly quick. Also it is impossible for any sidequest to become permanently locked off, you unlock a chapter select feature later on that even has a handy "here's how many sidequests are available in this chapter and how many you didn't finish yet" thing.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

There are no percentage requirements for any of the main story endings that I know of
, HOWEVER
there are hidden bosses with % requirements that I believe may have some of the non-standard endings
Thank you. In the end I googled a bit and saw that there are
3 endings you can get during the 3rd playthrough. Do we know which one is the "true" ending? Or if we can at least save the game right before the split to see all of them withouth playing through the whole thing again?

Edit:
Also,
I'm currently levlel 42. Did all the sidequest in the 1st playthrough and wanted to know if I can just run through everything ignoring most enemies as 9S or if I should level up a bit to the side.

KMRiku

Neo Member
15h in and I am loving the game! Hard mode is actually pretty hard if you are not careful enough. Many stuff can kill you in one hit if you don't stack a few defense up chips...According to the records, I have died 64 times so far lol

jonjonaug

Thank you. In the end I googled a bit and saw that there are
3 endings you can get during the 3rd playthrough. Do we know which one is the "true" ending? Or if we can at least save the game right before the split to see all of them withouth playing through the whole thing again?

Edit:
Also,
I'm currently levlel 42. Did all the sidequest in the 1st playthrough and wanted to know if I can just run through everything ignoring most enemies as 9S or if I should level up a bit to the side.

You unlock chapter select after getting your third story related ending so you don't need to worry about any of that.

taoofjord

WHats up with the treasure chests you can't open? Do you have to beat the game once?

15 hours in, fuck I love this game. Perhaps my favorite game from Japan since a Bloodborne.

jonjonaug

WHats up with the treasure chests you can't open? Do you have to beat the game once?

15 hours in, fuck I love this game. Perhaps my favorite game from Japan since a Bloodborne.

Yes.

How long is left after the end of B?

Maybe a third or so of the game is left, but this is partly because most of the longer sidequests are in route A/B and you'll have the full map open with fast travel from the getgo. Route C/D also has sidequests, but they're on the shorter side and there aren't as many of them. I would say in terms of pure story content route A/B and route C/D each have about half of the full game.

Crayon

So I'm playing the demo for the 20th time and I found a useful move. :3 With the stick in neutral, jump and immediately dash. Too quick and you'll backdash. But if you give is a few frames for 2b's feet to leave the ground, you'll get an air backdash. You are still facing forward so you can deliver a move like the light sword's airdash heavy strike. Let the air backdash go a touch longer to control the range.

I'm having a ton of fun with this combat and brushing up for when I get the game so I can hang on hard. -_-

Top Bottom