• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo and Capcom collaboration (MH4 related?)

tumblr_lwkedn440w1qkf4ubo1_500.jpg

Kandinsky

People saying PokemonXMonster Hunter know how ridiculous that sound, it doesn't make any sense.

This is probably some Nintendo themed quest/weapon/armor/monster, which would be awesome.

Not if it uses a Capcom engine, like the one from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.
It will be a totally different animal.

Regarding the playstyle? Yes, you're totally right. But conceptually - why would Nintendo risk you not buying their Smash Brothers fighting game featuring a whole bunch of Nintendo characters when you could put that money towards a fighting game -- ALSO featuring a whole bunch of Nintendo characters, plus characters from the best known fighting game series ever made?

I think they'd be cannibalizing their own sales a little, and I don't see Nintendo signing off on that. The reason Smash is purchased is because it's the only way to buy a game where Mario can beat up Donkey Kong can beat up Samus can beat up Link etc. etc. A stray character here & there (MegaMan in Smash, Link in Soul Calibur) is completely different from a fighting game roster made up of 10-15 Nintendo All-Stars on the shelf right next to Smash Brothers.

If there's suddenly TWO games on the console where you can do that, it takes away from the uniqueness of Smash, and reduces some of it's allure to potential customers. It introduces the question "Why would I get that, when I could get THIS?"

Now, Nintendo asking to co-produce a new 3D MegaMan game, in the style of what Sakurai is doing in Smash? That seems a little more feasible, especially since the characters glory days are very much tied to Nintendo and Nintendo would like some sort of exclusive to help get their console a little more shine.

Capcom doesn't seem to give a shit about using the character anymore, so if such a prospect were pursued, wouldn't that seem like a win/win?

AniHawk

2016 is the 20th anniversary of pokemon.

pokemon gen 7 (game freak)
pokemon hunter (capcom/nintendo)
pokemon snap 2 (treasure)
pokemon tcg 2 (monolithsoft)
pokemon collection (all gba games + ds games in one life-ending collection)

Mega Man is already in Smash. I wonder what Capcom got to do in return...

I'm hoping for UNVMVCTX:

Ultimate Nintendo Vs Marvel Vs Capcom Turbo X

Make it happen Capcom!

It's a freaking MH Direct, why on earth would they announce anything Mega Man-related?

Edit: OR Resident Evil

Edit: OR anything that, you know, ISN'T MONSTER HUNTER

Darkstalkers doesn't exist, Ultra isn't a new game and the others were outsourced. He must be doing something else as well.

Ono has been constantly traveling between Japan, Canada, Europe, California, and even China for the past 2 years. He stays at each of these places for about 2 weeks working with these teams and moves on to the next and then repeats the cycle. He has been very busy with all those games. Don't underestimate how hard the man works.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
My bet is Arika as they're much closer to Nintendo and did recently make Tekken 3D and that Fighting Sample demo (what if that became Pokken?! :O).

Also, Siliconera did their translation as well and apparently they mentioned showing this in a "Direct!' fashion, is this new?

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/08/2...-to-announce-their-latest-collaboration-soon/

Arika would be a good guess, they've also worked on many Street Fighter releases and are close with Capcom

It says mh4

Stop daydreaming, its probably them anouncing that its gonna be japan only. Forever.

I don't trust capcom anymore.

Obviously it's gonna be PRODUCTIVE news.
I too think it's not going to be anything special, but they don't come up with "Nintendo and Capcom collaborating, expect news" and then announce "Hey that game everybody loves... No NA or EU suckers". Come on.
Monster Hunter Wii U edition would be nice.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Is it really only a monster hunter direct? Before the 14th means anytime in the next 2 weeks. Isnt this time really close to Nintendos fall conferences times?

It says that there will be some news related to a NxC collaboration about MH4 before the release of the game (Sept 14?), so...

Pokkén Fighters, Smash Bros. 4 and Nintendo vs. Capcom. Not that I'd complain, but wouldn't three Fighting games be too much?

WTF is Pokken Fighters? That rumored Pokemon fighter? Nor do I consider Smash a proper fighting game. Come on dude, it's not the same. I have zero interest in Smash and intend on playing Ultra SFIV when it drops instead. Smash does not cater to the FGC.

No, it's not enough. Nintendo vs. Capcom could be phenomenal. They're leaving money on the table.

ash_ag

WTF is Pokken Fighters? That rumored Pokemon fighter? Nor do I consider Smash a proper fighting game. Come on dude, it's not the same. I have zero interest in Smash and intend on playing Ultra SFIV when it drops instead. Smash does not cater to the FGC.

No, it's not enough. Nintendo vs. Capcom could be phenomenal. They're leaving money on the table.
Just because it's not a Street Fighter clone doesn't mean it's not a proper Fighting game. A traditional one though? Certainly not, so, I can see the appeal of a game with alternative gameplay. I just think that the main selling point of a Nintendo fighter is fighting as Nintendo characters in Nintendo-based environments and Smash already nails that.

Honestly, a Nintendo vs. Capcom would be legendary regardless -- I just don't think the timing is right for that.

Pokkén Fighters is teased more than it is rumored. :p

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
let it go, nobody will listen to our reasonable comment, just to bitch all over Iwata and the Direct right after they'll discover that the collaboration is a Nintendo "armor" in MH4

Not my fault GAF builds up it's own Nintendo hatred by dreaming up nonsense and wanting it to happen.

goomba

Banned
the other collaborations were major

sega:three sonic games
namco: smash bros
platnium: w101 & bayonetta 2
atlus: FE vs SMT

Nintendo said there would be more such collaborations to be announced ...

this aint a MH 4 item or an old port

Top Bottom