• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

atr0cious

The suspicious thing to me is that tweet a week or two ago where they said "We're happy to announce Splatoon is coming in 2015!" It had art saying 2015 and everything.

Which, yeah. You guys have said Q2 for a while. It sounds a lot like the way companies try to stealthily delay things without hard dates.
Do you have a link to that? They had a general 2015 New Year post but nothing like that, that I recall. Here's the post I mean:
Happy New Year! We look forward to working with you this year, too.

That's the formal greetings, but we've also received this greeting photo from our Investigation Staff. Seems like Inklings also celebrate the New Year, too!

Hold up... do Inklings even have the concept of a New Year, though?
B6O1mquCUAIv6Gk.jpg:orig

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Splatoon has been playable at a market research firm at Countryside Mall in Clearwater FL, as per a gaffer here in the Splatoon thread who's coworker got to try it. If I had the time I would go over there to try it myself.

Vibranium

Banned
Heeere we gooooo!

I can't wait for the new 3DS announcement, I've been so impatient, especially since my current one has scanlines. I'm probably going to go with the XL again, changed my mind lol.

rD02ion.jpg

This was said fake list. Notice the most glaring sign of forgery: Capcom giving a fuck about Okami again.

I dunno man, if you look past the tilted cam, half-assed word document look, 'mario wii u' and bayonetta on 3ds it looks pretty convincing.

Also do they actually hand out papers like this? What for? So that you don't get lost during a pre-recorded event?

Converse

Banned
Oh, man, that fake list is hilarious. Let's just throw "Pokemon MMO RPG" in the Wii U section to really top that bad boy off.

Anyways, Nintendo has a lot to talk about. This should be a good one.

Growlie19

Room for one more on the hype train? I'll have to wake up earlier than usual, but I've got to get back to my school sleep schedule anyways.

Crayolan

Do you guys think Zelda U will be shown at all?

I'm going with no since it was shown at VGX.

I feel the next time we'll see it for an extedned period of time will have to be the "real" trailer...so....E3?

Nope. I'm expecting Zelda U to be absent until E3. The trailer at VGA gave off the impression they weren't originally intending to show it their either, but decided to give a little tease at the last minute.

The time is now Next Level Games.

This is what I'm expecting. Next Level now, Retro at E3.

EhoaVash

Lol smt x fe will most likely be at e3

Pls do not get hyped for that -_-

Whats really realistic

Moar yarn Kirby
A mm3d new 3ds bundle
Monster hinter 4g
Pand D Mario
Date for yarn Yoshi
New splatoon trailer, no date
Mario party x date

More new 3ds eshop shit

Sooo hyped!!! I hope they release Z:MMLE early in Feb. Regulars get it in laaaaate March. :p

I'm not a morning person so 8 AM can kiss my grits. It's toooo early to watch and why can't it start at an evening hour.

Revven

Predictions:

Majora's Mask 3D: More new info elaborating on the save system, Bomber's Notebook revamp highlighted in particular and some other new features (but not everything that's new) -- release date given.
Splatoon: More footage, possible release date/delay?
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: New footage
Code Name S.T.E.A.M: New trailer because they have to.
Yoshi's Woolly World: New trailer, release date/release quarter?
Mario Maker: More new footage, possible release quarter/release date announcement?
Mario Party 10: New trailer, release date
Xenoblade Chronicles X: They'll show something and maybe give a release quarter since the game currently does not have one for the US.
Mewtwo DLC: Possible trailer/gameplay footage? I doubt a release date but it is scheduled for Spring so I think it'll happen.

Devil's Third: Possibility of a new trailer to show its polish since E3 and give a release quarter?
Star Fox: They have to show something, even if it's just a 30 second teaser that actually shows what the gameplay is -- doesn't even have to give a release quarter.

Legend of Zelda Wii U: They will not show this game because they just showed it at the TGAs, unless they have more to show that's different from since then but I doubt it -- it's only been a month and there were the holidays mixed in there so I doubt they've worked on the game much more since the TGAs.

It's possible they will talk about N64 VC but at this point, nearly two years later, I have my doubts. I almost feel like they've scrapped it and it's never happening. Especially because they will be spending time on New 3DS and giving the official release date for that.

And then I think we might get one new game announcement, Nintendo always does this for any global Wii U/3DS Direct (at least one where there hasn't been anything new announced for months). If we don't get a new game then they will show a game that's been announced but hasn't been seen at all (aka SMTxFE). It'll probably be another 3DS game considering the 3DS does not have much coming this year so far outside of S.T.E.A.M, MM3D, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. They need more major games than just those three!

If not a 3DS game then I'd be surprised for a new Wii U title... unless it was an HD Remaster/Collection which I'd like to see either Mario Galaxy HD Collection or F-Zero GX HD + online.

Those are my thoughts, pretty conservative going into this Direct.

Predictions:

Majora's Mask 3D: More new info elaborating on the save system, Bomber's Notebook revamp highlighted in particular and some other new features (but not everything that's new) -- release date given.
Splatoon: More footage, possible release date/delay?
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse: New footage, possible release date?
Code Name S.T.E.A.M: New trailer because they have to.
Yoshi's Woolly World: New trailer, release date/release quarter?
Mario Maker: More new footage, possible release quarter/release date announcement?
Mario Party 10: New trailer, release date
Xenoblade Chronicles X: They'll show something and maybe give a release quarter since the game currently does not have one for the US.
Mewtwo DLC: Possible trailer/gameplay footage? I doubt a release date but it is scheduled for Spring so I think it'll happen.

Devil's Third: Possibility of a new trailer to show its polish since E3 and give a release quarter?
Star Fox: They have to show something, even if it's just a 30 second teaser that actually shows what the gameplay is -- doesn't even have to give a release quarter.

Legend of Zelda Wii U: They will not show this game because they just showed it at the TGAs, unless they have more to show that's different from since then but I doubt it -- it's only been a month and there were the holidays mixed in there so I doubt they've worked on the game much more since the TGAs.

It's possible they will talk about N64 VC but at this point, nearly two years later, I have my doubts. I almost feel like they've scrapped it and it's never happening. Especially because they will be spending time on New 3DS and giving the official release date for that.

And then I think we might get one new game announcement, Nintendo always does this for any global Wii U/3DS Direct (at least one where there hasn't been anything new announced for months). If we don't get a new game then they will show a game that's been announced but hasn't been seen at all (aka SMTxFE). It'll probably be another 3DS game considering the 3DS does not have much coming this year so far outside of S.T.E.A.M, MM3D, and Xenoblade Chronicles 3D. They need more major games than just those three!

Those are my thoughts, pretty conservative going into this Direct.

Kirby has a release date already.

jholmes

Here's the thing about scrapping N64 Virtual Console (we've all considered the possibility): Nintendo's supposedly building the service this generation so that it will be fully forward compatible. Therefore if there's an issue with getting it working, it's one they're going to want to solve at some point anyway, so why just give up?

But I mean who knows.

sörine;147173870 said:
I want Super Mario Sunshine HD. And F-Zero X 3D.

F-Zero would be such a great candidate for a 3D remaster. I can only assume that it had kids vomiting all over the test room floor. Nothing else makes sense as a reason for them not having done it already.

Top Bottom