• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

MK_768

The tweet says that the Direct will be about spring games. Why do people think it'll mention StarFox, Zelda Wii U or Xenoblade CX?

[edit] It's gonna be:

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Maker
Yoshi's Wooly World
Splatoon
Mario Party 10
Mario vs. Donkey Kong Wii U
Zelda Majora's Mask 3D
Project STEAM

Because the tweet says they will "focus" on spring games. Also, Nintendo never sticks to what they say the direct will be about. It's safe to say they will mention games coming in the 2nd half.

you gaze transfixed upon your screen, awaiting the arrival of Content; this time, however, iwata's face brings not mania but somnia, and you soon find your eyes wrapped in a warm blanket of darkness and stupor

you awaken effortlessly, as from a long untroubled sleep, and find yourself wrinkled and old, a relic joined by the ruins of mankind's glory

the survivors scrambling in the rubble show you the games; All Of The Games, in a sealed vault. you have them all now, all the games that ever will be. no more waiting for announcements. you have one year to finish them all before your withered mass expires. from the corner of your eye, clouded by milky cataracts, you see ageless iwata laughing

Cream

Banned
you gaze transfixed upon your screen, awaiting the arrival of Content; this time, however, iwata's face brings not mania but somnia, and you soon find your eyes wrapped in a warm blanket of darkness and stupor

you awaken effortlessly, as from a long untroubled sleep, and find yourself wrinkled and old, a relic joined by the ruins of mankind's glory

the survivors scrambling in the rubble show you the games; All Of The Games, in a sealed vault. you have them all now, all the games that ever will be. no more waiting for announcements. you have one year to finish them all before your withered mass expires. from the corner of your eye, clouded by milky cataracts, you see ageless iwata laughing

omg

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Oh dear.

xHiryu

We need some Devil's Third footage soooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnn.

Itagaki's been saying how it looks like a brand new game since its reveal at E3, and I thought the game looked fun as fuck when it was revealed.

I do hope that SMTxFE isnt dead though, it has promise and gimme a Custom Robo remake.
Never gonna happen.
Metroid is cool too.

Wow.

cacildo

Come now... we need some more gifs in there :)

post-4032-0-14137900-zrsap.gif

iwatinhaqwl7r.gif

(i found it! yay!)

/speechless

MDX

The tweet says that the Direct will be about spring games. Why do people think it'll mention StarFox, Zelda Wii U or Xenoblade CX?

[edit] It's gonna be:

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Mario Maker
Yoshi's Wooly World
Splatoon
Mario Party 10
Mario vs. Donkey Kong Wii U
Zelda Majora's Mask 3D
Project STEAM

Nintendo has been known to release games soon after announcements.
They may have a new game or two for Spring.

Who knows, maybe Nintendo managed to convince Shinen to
change Fast Racing Neo to F-Zero.

Or, Project Guard and Giant Robot have become proper games.

Or some other out of nowhere titles might show up.

Not to forget, games like Fatal Frame might get western releases.

But I think Nintendo had to come up with something to counter Sony from
dominating in Japan with the PS4 this year.

BY2K

Membero Americo

I'm surprised you aren't calling another Pikmin mention.

-Horizon-

Half Life 3 confirmed.

Scanna

We get this everytime... keyword is "focus" not "we'll only talk about Spring games"... and each time, Nintendo did indeed show games that were supposed to come out after the mentionned period (summer, etc...).

Besides, Xenoblade Chronicles X IS a Spring game in Japan.

Exactly. Still chances for something far off in the future

DNAbro

It's been mentioned a few times already, but I still don't know who this Soraya Saga is. on Wikipedia it seemed she worked on Xenogears/Saga? She wasn't involved in any Nintendo title before right?

wife of Xenoblade Chronicles director i believe, or something like that.

cacildo

Probably due to the media event right after.

I hope this "media event" has more to show than just the New 3DS

"Come see the NEW 3ds!" - yeah, we already saw, breh. Its out on australia and japan for months now. We read about it on this thing called internet, republished the info about it for our own readers, then we imported the japanese release to give em a hands on article. Its all done already

Piscus

It's been mentioned a few times already, but I still don't know who this Soraya Saga is. on Wikipedia it seemed she worked on Xenogears/Saga? She wasn't involved in any Nintendo title before right?

She's married to the director, I think. Married to one of the bigwigs at Monolith Soft. Everytime she retweets the ND announcements, there is something Xenoblade Chronicles X related in the direct. Always something to get excited about!

Yeah, this has been the standard time for pretty much every direct since... I can't remember when.

Then the 1st Direct changed stuff.... glad they went back.

Anyway, gotta love hype gifs.
This gif inspired me to create a problem for today's math class on proportions:
Shaquille O’Neal (Shaq) gets into a shake-off with his pet cat. For every 4 times Shaq shakes his shoulders, his cat shakes 5 times. After several hours of shaking, Shaq has accomplished 4232 shoulder shakes. How many shakes has his cat done?

I am including the gif in my PPT.

Axass

My bingo card:

3uEMEcG.png

(3DS on the left, Wii U on the right, general stuff in the middle)

I'd say Majora's Mask, STEAM, Splatoon, Kirby and Mario Maker are a given, because they are realeased soon. The direct will also probably be New 3DS heavy, featuring Xenoblade as well. Personally I think we're also getting a StarFox trailer, because the game's due out this year, before Zelda, yet we haven't seen a glimpse of it.

The rest is wishful thinking: F-Zero hinted by the tweet (doubt it), the rumored DKR sequel from Monster and Retro, the much talked about remaster of the SMG 1-2, localization of some great japanese games (I'd say at least Fatal Frame is happening this year, even if not announced in this direct), more news on Amiibo and their game integration, news on Smash DLC (Mewtwo trailer maybe?).

Template, in case you want to use it:

ASIS

wife of Xenoblade Chronicles director i believe, or something like that.

She's married to the director, I think. Married to one of the bigwigs at Monolith Soft. Everytime she retweets the ND announcements, there is something Xenoblade Chronicles X related in the direct. Always something to get excited about!

Ah, so we can pretty much confirm XBCX on tomorrow's direct :D

Top Bottom