• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

-Horizon-

This gif inspired me to create a problem for today's math class on proportions:
Shaquille O’Neal (Shaq) gets into a shake-off with his pet cat. For every 4 times Shaq shakes his shoulders, his cat shakes 5 times. After several hours of shaking, Shaq has accomplished 4232 shoulder shakes. How many shakes has his cat done?

I am including the gif in my PPT.

Is the answer
?

...I was bored and saw your post haha.

TunaLover

you gaze transfixed upon your screen, awaiting the arrival of Content; this time, however, iwata's face brings not mania but somnia, and you soon find your eyes wrapped in a warm blanket of darkness and stupor

you awaken effortlessly, as from a long untroubled sleep, and find yourself wrinkled and old, a relic joined by the ruins of mankind's glory

the survivors scrambling in the rubble show you the games; All Of The Games, in a sealed vault. you have them all now, all the games that ever will be. no more waiting for announcements. you have one year to finish them all before your withered mass expires. from the corner of your eye, clouded by milky cataracts, you see ageless iwata laughing
when joining all the upper case we got: C A O T G
what's he trying to say us!!!

L~A

This gif inspired me to create a problem for today's math class on proportions:
Shaquille O’Neal (Shaq) gets into a shake-off with his pet cat. For every 4 times Shaq shakes his shoulders, his cat shakes 5 times. After several hours of shaking, Shaq has accomplished 4232 shoulder shakes. How many shakes has his cat done?

I am including the gif in my PPT.

Ha ha, that's one way to make kids interested in maths :p

Anyway, don't forget this great pic made by the one and only Nibel:

attackonwarawara9lj4j33s94.png

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
you gaze transfixed upon your screen, awaiting the arrival of Content; this time, however, iwata's face brings not mania but somnia, and you soon find your eyes wrapped in a warm blanket of darkness and stupor

you awaken effortlessly, as from a long untroubled sleep, and find yourself wrinkled and old, a relic joined by the ruins of mankind's glory

the survivors scrambling in the rubble show you the games; All Of The Games, in a sealed vault. you have them all now, all the games that ever will be. no more waiting for announcements. you have one year to finish them all before your withered mass expires. from the corner of your eye, clouded by milky cataracts, you see ageless iwata laughing

well done

NZerker12

I wonder if we get a Pokemon Z or X2 & Y2 reveal. I also hope that we get more Zelda U footage as well as Battle Frontier dlc for ORAS.

Chairhome

I'm only expecting like 2 reveals of new games and a release date for New N3DS. Regardless, I'm hyped! Gonna watch in the morning then again with my kids on the Chromecast when I get home.

Please have an amazing trailer for Mewtwo to recapture just a bit of the pre-launch Smash hype ;-;

Even better, announce veteran and stage DLC alongside it.

I just need to feel Smash hype again...

The Flash

Banned
Now that I think about it, it's almost been a year since Nintendogs Benny was announced. Maybe we'll finally get a release date this time.

sinxtanx

Bro, turn down the hostility, I mean christ, when I said it'd be cool to be known on Neogaf I wasn't asking for this.

Don't worry dude, it's cool. Not trying to be hostile, I just think your opinions on Link are a fun part of this forum.

On that note, Captain Falcon playable in Zelda U

Don't worry dude, it's cool. Not trying to be hostile, I just think your opinions on Link are a fun part of this forum.

On that note, Captain Falcon playable in Zelda U

Sorry, that just came off as hostile from my perspective. Didn't mean to jump on you like that, if you weren't being hostile though, so sorry.

Timeaisis

My reasonable list:
- MM3D new info + release date
- New 3DS info + release date
- Wooly World new info + release date
- Splatoon new info+ release date
- Codename STEAM new info, maybe release date
- Mario Maker new info, maybe release date
- Mario Kart 8 DLC info + release date
- Kirby Rainbow Curse info we already know about
- Amiibos wave 3 stuff
Maybes...
- Xenoblade new info + release date
- New Spring/Summer Wii U game announced?
- New 3DS game announced?
- Star Fox info, no release date
- Talk with Shiggy about Zelda U, barely any info, no release date
Iwata, pls
-
Metroid?
-
F-Zero x Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

over 1600 responses already and we arent even watching the direct, yall arent gonna be able to handle yourselves when the direct happens lol

sinxtanx

Sorry, that just came off as hostile from my perspective. Didn't mean to jump on you like that, if you weren't being hostile though, so sorry.

You're a cool dude, I'd hate to upset you.

That guy who posted "Codename P.O.O.P" though? Oh man you don't insult IntSys when I'm around. Luckily this is the Internet.

Zeeman

over 1600 responses already and we arent even watching the direct, yall arent gonna be able to handle yourselves when the direct happens lol

Come on, this is nothing. We're probably going to hit 100 pages before the Direct even starts.

And then no more because the servers will immediately go down

Lunar15

I have a weird feeling that at least something Fire Emblem related will be announced this year, whether it be during this direct or later, like at E3.

Could be FExSMT, could be a brand new game, could be a remaster of an old game. We'll see. I mean, at some point, they'll have 4 different FE Amiibos in the wild they can use, so it makes sense to tie them to something this year.

AdanVC

Xenoblade's Director wife retweeted the ND?? YayyyyyyyyySSSSSSS! God damn hope this time they finally reveal the damn release date or at least a month!

Holyyy hell this made me laugh so harddd that "& Knuckles" at the end just killed me cuz' I imagined the horrible Knuckles of Sonic Boom hahah

Zeeman

Why does everyone hate Codename: STEAM?

It looks like fun.

I think that the fact that it was originally described as looking like a comic book and "Mike Mignola meets Jack Kirby" and then the initial screenshots were a bit lackluster made a lot of people ambivalent towards it.

Rich!

I think that the fact that it was originally described as looking like a comic book and "Mike Mignola meets Jack Kirby" and then the initial screenshots were a bit lackluster made a lot of people ambivalent towards it.

It's also the case that everyone was expecting that private event to be Majoras Mask 3D...and it wasnt.

Obviously thats not an issue anymore lol

JoeM86

I wonder if we get a Pokemon Z or X2 & Y2 reveal. I also hope that we get more Zelda U footage as well as Battle Frontier dlc for ORAS.

Very unlikely to Z/X2Y2 and Masuda has spoken out against paid DLC and said that they intentionally didn't do the Battle Frontier so that's not happening.

Top Bottom