• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

A soft launch of the New 3DS at the Nintendo World Store after tomorrows Direct would definitely set the Internet on fire. That or Mewtwo being an exclusive Amiibo there.

Check your PMs, please.

Bish, if this member turns out to have legitimately big news, next time you're on the East Coast, message me and first drink is on me.

If not a drink, then a meal. Either way, I can't see this person being important.

I'd have to be stupid to request or suggest a tag if this person's wrong, so this is a safer option.

This is a must. Can't believe it's been 7 months since it was announced and we have seen ZERO footage of it and it's supposed to release before Zelda U...

Miyamoto really likes keeping it a secret, I mean, we saw Zelda twice and only a little blurry video of Starfox playing the background.

ASIS

So someone update me. Show we expect good things from this direct? Any Soraya tweets yet?

Yup. Other than that it's probably going to be release dates for spring + Xenoblade. Unless.. You know, Nintendo actually drops a bomb this time (aka metroid).

Timeaisis

Urban Champion 2: Ultimate Championship Edition
Ice Climbers: Three's a Crowd
Wii U Music x Guitar Hero: Champions of Baroque Rock
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks 2: The Legend of the Golden Choo Choo

Dimmle

The bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper the bumper

multibaby

Speaking of Star Fox, what's the fastest turnaround from game footage debut to release for a Nintendo franchise installment? 3D World was pretty fast, right?

Sendou

Yup. Other than that it's probably going to be release dates for spring + Xenoblade. Unless.. You know, Nintendo actually drops a bomb this time (aka metroid).

I wish they would really drop bombs. Something like Adventures of Cat Bullet Bill would do it for me.

Servbot24

Banned
User: "I know a thing."
Mod: "I have confirmed that User knows a thing."
User: "I will not say the thing."

What is the point of this?

If the new Metroid is made by Intelligent Studios, then that means Retro Studios is making Donkey Kong Country Returns 3.

... I want it to be true just for the salt ...

Zubz

Banned
So Soraya Saga retweeted the announcement. At the very least, we're getting something Xenoblade-related. Also, I didn't know she was a big JoJo fan, but she is, apparently. Neat!

And in the Direct, Iwata, Miyamoto and Aonuma declare that the Pinball series is the one and only canon. All other Nintendo games ever made are spin-offs.

The Gator from Pinball: Revenge of the Gator confirmed for Smash Bros. DLC. And Mario Kart DLC. And Hyrule Warriors. And the Amiibo will never be discontinued. Soon, all will fall to the Gator.

MK_768

Intelligent Studios is not making the next Metroid game. Not exactly their genre. Plus they should be focusing on a real Paper Mario game….

Zubz

Banned

Because User started teasing a thing. User wasn't sure if the thing was okay to reveal here. Mod didn't want people to think User knew something or was lying, so the Mod clears the air. However, the User is now aware that the thing is not okay to reveal, so (s)he doesn't.

NES Remix was announced and released at the same hour.

Same with Steel Diver: Sub Wars, and the Yoshi's Island stage in Sonic: Lost World. I love reveals like that.

TheMoon

Sanctioned trolling.

Not sure if this was posted yet but theres a rumor according to Gamnesia the new 3ds XL will be launching Feb 13th with preorders possibly starting tomorrow:

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/gamest...-in-north-america-on-february-13#.VLVnbXtR6gW

Not sure how reliable that site is but they claim this is from upper management in Gamestop.

there's a dedicated thread for that.

I really don't think they'll spend THAT much time on New 3DS. It really shouldn't take more than two or three minutes to say 3DS with better 3D, second analog, better guts inside, faceplates, here's a game and some game features only on it,
NOA club Nintendo people will get Ambassador emails today
and move on.

Anth0ny

multibaby

Speaking of Star Fox, what's the fastest turnaround from game footage debut to release for a Nintendo franchise installment? 3D World was pretty fast, right?

Yeah 3D World was June 2013 first footage, November 2013 release. Only a 5 month period. Pretty crazy.

I hope we see star fox tomorrow.

Servbot24

Banned
Because User started teasing a thing. User wasn't sure if the thing was okay to reveal here. Mod didn't want people to think User knew something or was lying, so the Mod clears the air. However, the User is now aware that the thing is not okay to reveal, so (s)he doesn't.

He said right from the start he wasn't going to reveal it out of fear for his job. So why bother saying anything at all?

Top Bottom