• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Plans: Digital Event On 06/16, Nintendo World Championships 2015 on 06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolluck

Flagship Mario Maker reminds me of 2012 and it's so disappointing. Hoping there's something exciting at the event. Fun video though. They just don't care and it's great.

Despite Nintendo having the best "conference" last year, I still prefer the live conferences as opposed to a pre-recorded and edited video. Also, I wouldn't bet on Nintendo revealing a big game after the championship. I'm just struggling to see how Nintendo would even have a huge game at E3. Even if it's something like F-Zero or Star Fox, there is no guarantee that it'll be in the form you wanted.

Dr. Buni

"There is no Zelda or Metroid at E3, clearly Nintendo has nothing to announce". The obsession people have for these two (great) series gets a bit annoying at times.
Why does press conferences at E3 have to be boring?
They don't have to be it, but they always are. Of course this is subjective, but the Nintendo Digital Event in 2014 was much better than any E3 conference I watched.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I lost it at him playing the Virtual Boy and elbowing all the shit off his desk.

"These games are great!"

I want to hate Reggie.

But I can't hate a man who doesn't take himself seriously.

Even had the 80s training montage.

God bless you Reggie.

I laughed out loud at the the Power Pad one. I remember doing that for Track n Field...alot.

Real Hero

I remember when Nintendo had press conferences and actually tried to compete. Treehouse is a nice thing, but other than that Nintendo at E3 is not what it once was.

Are you kidding? The last E3 video was a million miles away from their horrific press conferences

fork_bomb

Banned
If Nintendo had had enough games for E3 this year, they wouldn't have to make silly videos like this.

you're no fun

hqdefault.jpg

Dr. Buni

I'm just struggling to see how Nintendo would even have a huge game at E3.
Why? I don't get it. Seriously, explain to me why is it hard to imagine Nintendo announcing big games at E3.

What is a huge game, anyways? Would a new DK be a huge game? F-Zero? Punch Out? A new IP? In fact, did Splatoon count as a big game at the previous E3?

Or are huge games only Zelda/Smash/Mario/Mario Kart/Metroid?

Xiao Hu

I just hope the hype is worth it. Last year only Zelda and the Treehouse folks were impressing me. The rest of the show was kinda lame. So Metroid or bust, Nintendo!

Gsnap

Man, people are trying really hard to make something negative out of this.

It's a goofy video from a goofy company.

It's E3, people! Video game Christmas! Take some time out of your day to be happy that certain companies are trying to have fun with it.

Hikami

Just got home and watched it. Was hoping for another funny video like this, loved it.
Don't really care for the Championship thing personally but I'm glad they're doing another digital event.

HUELEN10

Just got home and watched it. Was hoping for another funny video like this, loved it.
Don't really care for the Championship thing personally but I'm glad they're doing another digital event.

Don't care about the championship? You're breaking me heart!

Red Devil

"There is no Zelda or Metroid at E3, clearly Nintendo has nothing to announce". The obsession people have for these two (great) series gets a bit annoying at times.

And even then that there will be no Metroid at E3 is based on nothing really.

ktroopa

nice video, just what i was expecting. more zany fun from Nintendo. but they still need to deliver some AAA bombs for E3.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
guys I think I saw nintendo refrences in the video I think theyre announcing a new game

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Guys, it's obvious that anyone who thinks a goofy video means something bad hasn't seen last year's Digital Event with the SSB intro, so most likely it's here just to troll , so don't feed them.

I'm happy that they kept the format, I really enjoyed last E3. I'm really curious what games will be in the World Championship and if indeed it will be World or just US.

Just saw the video, fraking loved it, all that 80's- beggining of the 90's vibe. Dat the wizard.

Seems we are going to have another great E3 from nintendo like last year.

Why? I don't get it. Seriously, explain to me why is it hard to imagine Nintendo announcing big games at E3.

What is a huge game, anyways? Would a new DK be a huge game? F-Zero? Punch Out? A new IP? In fact, did Splatoon count as a big game at the previous E3?

Or are huge games only Zelda/Smash/Mario/Mario Kart/Metroid?
I think an ambitious game that isn't Mario or a 2-D platformer would be considered a big game. I can't imagine Nintendo having any big games because I feel that any game they could announce would just be on the level of Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World. As good as those games might be, I don't think most people would put that on the same level as the top franchises from other companies. Miyamoto's Projects are also pretty lame attempts at justifying the GamePad from what I've seen. I doubt anything coming from him would be considered big, either. But hey, I'm ready to be proven wrong, so let's see if that will happen.

geordiemp

People get really salty at the slightest possibility of Nintendo having the best E3 again.

For most people who don't own Nintendo consoles, they did not even Know Nintendo had an E3 never mind if you thought it was the best.

Think about that.

Nintendo need to get back to mainstream consumers, not just preaching to their own fanbase for the good of the industry..

Sendou

For most people who don't own Nintendo consoles, they did not even Know Nintendo had an E3 never mind if you thought it was the best.

Think about that.

Nintendo need to get back to mainstream consumers, not just preaching to their own fanbase for the good of the industry..

Lol what exactly do you think E3 means to "mainstream consumers"? Well let me help you: absolutely nothing.

Neff

nbHDWV.jpg

That SNES cart is definitely Castlevania.

Nintendo/Konami co-produced, PlatinumGames created Wii U Castlevania confirmed.

Dq0keI.jpg

No idea what this is, but it's definitely not Star Fox 64.

Dr. Buni

I think an ambitious game that isn't Mario or a 2-D platformer would be considered a big game. I can't imagine Nintendo having any big games because I feel that any game they could announce would just be on the level of Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World. As good as those games might be, I don't think most people would put that on the same level as the top franchises from other companies. Miyamoto's Projects are also pretty lame attempts at justifying the GamePad from what I've seen. I doubt anything coming from him would be considered big, either. But hey, I'm ready to be proven wrong, so let's see if that will happen.
Why can't 2D platformers be considered big games? Then if there is a new DK and it is 3D, can it be considered a big game? You are right, most people wouldn't put a Yoshi game on the same level as the top franchises of the company, but at the same time, two of the top franchises are 2D platformers franchises, at least partially (Mario and Donkey Kong).

You didn't answer why you think Nintendo isn't going to announce a big game this year, though. Or if Splatoon counted as a big announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom