• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo (Japan) 3DS Direct to be broadcast soon [Iwata, 33 mins, Chico is Quiet]

Griss

What's the holiday lineup looking like for the 3DS, anyway? Am I right in thinking that it's weak compared to last year?

Even the first tentpole release, Pokemon ASOR, is a remake based on last year's brand new game's brand new engine. The other is Smash, a game that will be infinitely better on the Wii U. Those of us who can't afford to double dip will surely be holding off on that one.

It's underwhelming, and if they want to change that now's the time to start announcing one or two surprises or concrete release dates.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Here's my guess:
- Medarot 8
- Dragon Quest X
- Gaist Crusher God
- Taiko
- Smash Bros
- Tenkai Knights

Atram

my bet:

-2DS announcement for Japan including....

-2DS SSB Bundel
-2DS Pkmn OR/AS Bundel
-2DS MH4G Bundel
-2DS Yokai Watch 2 Bundel

Sakura

Strange. Usually, Directs are announced first in US / Europe around 14:00 / 15:00 GMT and then, at..midnight / 1:00 GMT for Japan.

And, while it's at a different time than usual for Japan, it's not that different (this time, it's at 20:00 JPT, while other times it's been at 23:00 JPT). And yep, the announcement on JP Twitter account came up much earlier than usual, even considering the different streaming time. Mmh, let's see if there's going to be a Tweet for US and Europe at the usual time.

Btw, it'd be 12:00 GMT, right? What about US?

Not when it's a Japanese only direct they aren't ( ̄~ ̄;)

L~A

Well let's see, even if they have zero new announcements, there's enough in the near future to pack a direct.

First party: Smash, Yoshi, Kirby.
Third party: DQX, FFEX, EO2DX, MH4G, Dai Gyakuten Saiban, New Geist Crusher, Forbidden Magna, Hero Bank 2, etc.

For FFEX, there's already a live-stream in 37mn. And Dai Gyakuten Saiban will get some info in Famitsu on September 11.

I really got no idea what 1st-party titles might be announced, other than the usual suspects (Majora's Mask 3D among others).

duckroll

Anyway, looking at the upcoming slate of 3DS titles from third parties, there's just so much coming in Japan, and many of them are pretty big titles or franchises. If there's new software being announced, it's gotta be first party.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh hey, there IS a Direct on Friday after all! Take that, EmCeeGramr!

Don't you mean EmCeeGromr?

It's a convenient time for me, but unless there's a UK stream I'll likely just have it on in the background.

Griss

Also, if there was ever a time to unveil a new hardware revision, this is it. Have it out in a month's time before the holiday season in an attempt to stave off the 3DS slump. One last revision to carry the 3DS for the next two years while they get their new thing done.

I'd say it's a less than 1% chance, but it feels strangely possible. Remember, the 2DS came out of the blue as well.

EDIT: For fuck's sake, beaten by probably 3 seconds max, lol

L~A

Time:

Japan: 8PM
Europe: 1PM
UK: 12PM
USA (East Coast): 7AM
USA (West Coast): 4AM

t1409310000z0.png

KooopaKid

Banned
I haven't bought a single 3DS retail game this year.

Majora's Mask 3D and Advance Wars 3D is all I care about but I'll doubt they will be shown, those would have been presented at E3 otherwise.

mrhej

This is just Japan? So maybe it's about the Smash Bros launch in Japan in 15 days and maybe Monster Hunter 4 ultimate.

Volotaire

There will be no MM3D (in which I mean not released this year) because Grezzo was hiring for positions a month or two (maybe for the last phase) and Smash is their big game this Autumn.

Atram

3DS has and had almost no first party games this year. Its time!!!! MAJORA HERE WE COME!!!

Nope,thanks. There are already too much informations, I want informations on something new.

pkmn or/as, ssb are enough for the rest of 2014. They will keep other 1st Party titles for next year ;)

but ok it´s pre TGS....hmmm....

Canti

Original 3DS redesign please. It's time!

I just ordered an upgrade to XL yesterday in preparation for Smash, so I hope not!

Majora's Mask 3D would round out Nintendo's holiday line-up nicely.

Secretly hoping for Mother 4 on 3DS.

3DS has and had almost no first party games this year. Its time!!!! MAJORA HERE WE COME!!!

In Japan?

There 's been Kirby, Fossil Fighters, Mario Party, Yoshi, Style Savvy Re-release, Pokemon Art Academy, Mario Golf and there's still Smash and ORAS to go. Not exactly stellar, but more than 'almost none'.

2015 is looking light, though.

Percy

Banned
It's about time for them to start laying out 2015 for 3DS I'd say. It's gonna need to be a good one after what a software wasteland 2014 has been, even without comparisons to last year!

Thank fuck for Smash 3DS to save the rest of the year.

Oh, and I could live without a Majora's Mask port thanks. Worst 3D Zelda by a fucking mile.

Top Bottom