• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G Direct announced for Wednesday

L~A

Edit: over, full presentation available on YouTube

sanstitrevusm5.png

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/nintendo_direct/20141008/index.html

Stream: YouTube / NicoNico.

Japan-only, most likely. 8PM JST.

Times:

Europe: 1PM
UK: 12PM
USA (East Coast): 7AM
USA (West Coast) : 4AM
Japan: 8PM

t1412766000z0.png

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'd be more excited if it didn't start so early. I have to try really hard to be at home ready to watch anything by 8 pm.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I don't want to spam this topic, but I absolutely agree.
should I open a topic to rant about the lack of a global Wii U direct since E3?

This is actually them following the latest usual pattern, i.e. Directs for games near their release dates, we've seen this trend starting back in April and they're keeping on doing it, it's nothing so unexpected.

Still, it's true we're due to a new global Direct with Wii U infos. It's probably pretty near, though, just to give SSB's official release date, but not just that.

Damn , gonna need to bring headphones at my IT course Wednesday then, so I can listen to it during breaks.

Excited to learn about announcements, surely about monster unveiling and DL quests.

AdanVC

Cool! Lucky Japanese players they will have MH 4G and a brand new 3DS model this weekend... Don't forget about us, Iwata. :'(

L~A

This is actually them following the latest usual pattern, i.e. Directs for games near their release dates, we've seen this trend starting back in April and they're keeping on doing it, it's nothing so unexpected.

Still, it's true we're due to a new global Direct with Wii U infos. It's probably pretty near, though, just to give SSB's official release date, but not just that.

That's got nothing to do with "patterns"... they did the same last year for Monster Hunter 4 (Direct on Sept. 8, release on the 14). They announced the Link/Mario costumes during that Direct, last year.

I see where you're coming at, but I don't think it follows that pattern you talk about, because it's way too close to release. And last year, MH4 actually got another Direct, in July (with Ace Attorney 5).

Makes you wonder what they'll reveal this time around (other than the launch trailer, obviously :p).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That's got nothing to do with "patterns"... they did the same last year for Monster Hunter 4 (Direct on Sept. 8, release on the 14). They announced the Link/Mario costumes during that Direct, last year.

Makes you wonder what they'll reveal this time around (other than the launch trailer, obviously :p).

True, but this year we've seen quite a lot of specific-games-only Directs compared to 2013, and this is a continuation of that trend, I suppose.

Yep, I'm expecting one late october or early november to highlight holiday season and give a glimpse of 2015 line-up.
I would be really disappointed if it was a Smash only direct.
On-topic, I just want a western release date fr MH4G.

They had a Direct focused on Hyrule Warriors (Wii U game) in August, and a Direct focused on Bayonetta 2 (Wii U game) in September. Since the E3, they also shared a lot of information about Wii U games (outside Directs), such as Mario Kart 8 DLC, Sonic Boom release date, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

Considering the Captain Toad delay into early 2015, I can see the next Wii U Direct being a Smash Wii U Direct (with amiibos).
I'm really disappointed by Nintendo post E3 Wii U treatment.

Considering the Captain Toad delay into early 2015, I can see the next Wii U Direct being a Smash Wii U Direct (with amiibos).

A Direct for each one of their 2014 Wii U games is a bad post-E3 treatment? :p

Or you just happen to be in the wrong region I guess. I'm quite satisfied and I can't wait to upgrade my Wii U with the New Wii U anyway.

L~A

They're not gonna announce a Wii U version during this Direct, not right before the launch of the 3DS version... which also happens to be the poster child of the N3DS (which is the central piece of Nintendo's end-of-year offensive in Japan).

This really is a repeat of last year :p

They're not gonna announce a Wii U version during this Direct, not right before the launch of the 3DS version... which also happens to be the poster child of the N3DS (which is the central piece of Nintendo's end-of-year offensive in Japan).

This really is a repeat of last year :p
Yup, pretty much this. I can see a Wii U announcement around the western release at the earliest.

L~A

Yup, pretty much this. I can see a Wii U announcement around the western release at the earliest.

Honestly, I'm not even expecting a Wii U announcement, period. Though if there was one, it would indeed be in 2015, and not before.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I thnk it will probably be a good showcase for the N3ds "mh" features (as the right numb, the two additional buttons, maybe faster loading times...) and for the MH bundle.

L~A

Another collaboration announced:

This year's 45th issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine is announcing on Wednesday that CAPCOM's Nintendo 3DS game Monster Hunter 4 is getting a collaboration in Japan with Shinobu Ohtaka's Magi manga and anime adaptation. Specifically, players can equip themselves with Aladdin's staff (seen above), as well as Alibaba's sword Amon (seen below), though it will be available as a broad sword.

In addition, the game will be getting a set of collaboration quests, and players will be able to obtain the title of "Magi" and a Magi-themed guild card.

Source : AnimeNewsNetwork

I wonder if there'll be some more collaborations announced on Wednesday?

Son Of D

I thnk it will probably be a good showcase for the N3ds "mh" features (as the right numb, the two additional buttons, maybe faster loading times...) and for the MH bundle.

I can see this happening. Do we know of MH themed faceplates for the New 3DS yet? If not they're likely to be announced during the N3DS talk methinks.

Top Bottom