• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo (Japan) 3DS Direct to be broadcast soon [Iwata, 33 mins, Chico is Quiet]

In Japan?

There 's been Kirby, Fossil Fighters, Mario Party, Yoshi, Style Savvy Re-release, Pokemon Art Academy, Mario Golf and there's still Smash and ORAS to go. Not exactly stellar, but more than 'almost none'.

2015 is looking light, though.

I talk about great games not something that can be done in 3 months. Kirby was good though

Are people really going to lather themselves up into a Majora's Mask frenzy again after what happened at the Code Name S.T.E.A.M. roundtable at E3?

Nope,thanks. There are already too much informations, I want informations on something new.

Well, they still need to promote their games before release. It doesn't stop them announcing something new.

Griss

In Japan?

There 's been Kirby, Fossil Fighters, Mario Party, Yoshi, Style Savvy Re-release, Pokemon Art Academy, Mario Golf and there's still Smash and ORAS to go. Not exactly stellar, but more than 'almost none'.

2015 is looking light, though.

When you lay out the games like that it's clear just how much weaker this year has been to the last two. Especially when Yoshi was so bad and Mario Golf was a bit of a disappointment compared to the GC version.

Volotaire

Are people really going to lather themselves up into a Majora's Mask frenzy again after what happened at the Code Name S.T.E.A.M. roundtable at E3?

Well, they still need to promote their games before release. It doesn't stop them announcing something new.

Even the roundtable was probably not going be MM3D due to Zelda U and Hyrule Warriors having a presence.

Maebe

I don't really know what to expect. Aside from some smash and that FF monster hunter game. I hope there new announcements cause 3ds release is kinda barren.

Anyway, looking at the upcoming slate of 3DS titles from third parties, there's just so much coming in Japan, and many of them are pretty big titles or franchises. If there's new software being announced, it's gotta be first party.

Kirby Triple Deluxe was announced just one year ago during a Direct. I think it's safe to assume a new Nintendo game will be revealed, for example Rhythm Heaven or Fire Emblem: Awakening 2.

As for third parties, I don't expect much. It'd be nice, though, to know something about L5 (the last Layton game was announced during a Direct).

Kirby Triple Deluxe was announced just one year ago during a Direct. I think it's safe to assume a new Nintendo game will be revealed, for example Rhythm Heaven or Fire Emblem: Awakening 2.

As for third parties, I don't expect much. It'd be nice, though, to know something about L5 (the last Layton game was announced during a Direct).

Rhythm Heaven and a new Fire Emblem?!? Don't do this to me!

Page says some software might have age restrictions.
WAjKOi3.jpg

Volotaire

It won't be Fire Emblem. Intelligent Systems just pushed out Pushmo World, are developing Codename STEAM are advising on SMTxFE.

mclem

Seems a little odd if it is a Japan-only 3DS direct, given that the last general-content direct was also 3DS and Japan-only. In fact, if I'm reading Wikipedia right, the last European and US general-content directs have been the Digital Event at E3, and the one before that was in February.

DrWong

Smash 3DS release is in 2 weeks. Perfect timing for a new 3DS (NFC enabled) revision announcement, with the same release date as Smash.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
You guys are fooling your-selves if you think they'll be showcasing 2015 games. This probably won't even be the last Direct of the year.

The focus will be on: Smash, Dragon Quest X, MH4G, and maybe Pokemon (though it'll probably get its own direct closer to release).

Looking forward to seeing anything they do tease though, maybe they'll have a surprise at the end. Oh, and maybe they'll confirm that new DQM is for 3DS. Will be happy if we get a new trailer for Dai Gyakuten Saiban too, it's what I'm looking forward to seeing most from TGS right now.

random25

I'm pretty sure Codename: STEAM will get some exposure tomorrow.

Some Pokemon ORAS and Smash details (new character reveal please!) as well.

You guys are fooling your-selves if you think they'll be showcasing 2015 games. This probably won't even be the last Direct of the year.

Every time they said it was going to be about 2013 title, they always talked about 2014 titles (even 2015 LOL) too. Here they didn't even specify anything.
There's totally going to be something about 2015. What do they even have to say outside of Pokémon, Sm4sh and a few other stuff? Sm4sh is also going to be a two-minute trailer tops.

My bet is that it will be Sakurai shaking his head and telling us how disappointed he is with us all for half an hour.
He will then delete all of Smash Bros and burn down Nintendo to the ground.
You brought this upon yourself!

jj984jj

Aβydoς;127428989 said:
Every time they said it was going to be about 2013 title, they always talked about 2014 titles (even 2015 LOL) too. Here they didn't even specify anything.
There's totally going to be something about 2015. What do they even have to say outside of Pokémon, Sm4sh and a few other stuff? Sm4sh is also going to be a two-minute trailer tops.

No they don't. They always showcase third party trailers for the next few months as well, do you even watch these things?

It won't be Fire Emblem. Intelligent Systems just pushed out Pushmo World, are developing Codename STEAM are advising on SMTxFE.

Didn't they develop Paper Mario, Fire Emblem and Pushmo at the same time? Anyway, it was just an idea; Awakening 2 is a safe bet given how successful the first one; it should arrive sooner or later.

NoA isn't up yet, it's like 5 AM for them... if this is an international Direct it won't be announced for NoA until like 12 PM EST or later.

NoA usually announces Directs around 9 AM EST. So, about an hour from now.

Edit - Actually, I take that back. Usually NCL announces around that time and NoA a bit later.

Volotaire

FE:A was out-sourced to Red Entertainment. They also did, among other things, the Fossil Fighter games on DS with SPD, but the 3DS game was given to Marvelous.

interesting, I didn't know this. Thanks.

Didn't they develop Paper Mario, Fire Emblem and Pushmo at the same time? Anyway, it was just an idea; Awakening 2 is a safe bet given how successful the first one; it should arrive sooner or later.

It's true, they do produce and develop a large number of games. But no doubt there will be a new FE.

EDIT: Oh so some of these were outsourced as well.

jj984jj

FE:A was out-sourced to Red Entertainment. They also did, among other things, the Fossil Fighter games on DS with SPD, but the 3DS game was given to Marvelous.

Red was involved (though considering all the matchmaking it makes sense to get the Sakura Wars guys) but it was still an IntSys game. Almost everything was done by IntSys.

Paper Mario was out-sourced/co-developed with Vanpool (Tingle DS games, Dillion's Rolling Western) and FE:A was co-developed as I mentioned above, too. IntSys is only ~130 so it makes sense for them to use partners to co-develop games, given the number of franchises they work on and increasing development cost/resource requirements.

Anyway, my point is that it's entirely possible that they could be simultaneously on S.T.E.A.M., FE X SMT and a FE:A sequel or some other game.

Top Bottom