• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo uploads a SHITLOAD of eShop trailers

linko9

Looking forward to seeing how Citizens of Earth turns out. We need more Earthbound inspired games.

Effect

I hope these trailer uploads mean newer things are going to be covered and revealed. Only a few of those are new to that list and by new I mean were revealed a few days/weeks ago vs last year which is when the rest were announced and shown off. That sizzle real of indie/downloadable titles from Microsoft is something I want to see from Nintendo. No the same old trailers or titles that were announced and shown off months ago.

Opiate

I think I have a different sense of what major indie support represents. When confined particularly to the console realm, this is pretty good, but this explicitly ignores PC, iOS, and Android. There may be more indie games released on a typical Tuesday on PC than there are listed here.

Please note: this does not mean you should not be personally excited for these games.

roknin

I dunno' why, but I'm oddly attracted to Whoa Dave!. It HAS to be the super-old-school arcade aesthetic or just the outright weirdness of it. And how crazy hectic it looks.

There's quite a few that are intriguing me honestly, but that, Chromo and Armillo are now on my "gonna' get that ASAP" list.

AdanVC

Damn, this is excellent! Uploading the indie/3rd party stuff first so they have plenty of time for the megatons tomorrow. Glad that Wii U is getting tons of indie support.

Busaiku

Oh, Funimation is involved with One Piece Unlimited World Red.
Guess that means we will be getting an English Dub.

ngower

Playstation's triangle button visible in a quick-time event about a minute into the Pac-Man trailer. Yeesh.

thefro

I think I have a different sense of what major indie support represents. When confined particularly to the console realm, this is pretty good, but this explicitly ignores PC, iOS, and Android. There may be more indie games released on a typical Tuesday on PC than there are listed here.

Please note: this does not mean you should not be personally excited for these games.

That's true, but there's a lot more announced indie games coming to the eShop than just this. I would suspect we'll see more as the week goes on since this batch is lacking some of the bigger guns in the indie lineup that we know are coming (i.e. Shovel Knight, Affordable Space Adventures, Stealth Inc. 2, etc).

RM8

Some of these actually look fun. Cool to see a Gunman Clive sequel! Hoping it's a bit more "meaty" now that it's not primarily designed for phones. Whoa Dave looks superb, same with A.N.N.E. and Chariot. Just please, Nintendo, remember that indie games don't really substitute retail stuff :p

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I feel a responsibility to support Whoa Dave in a show of namesake solidarity.

Luckily it looks like a pretty cool mashup of OG Mario Bros., Super Crate Box, and Joust.

Rizsparky

I feel a responsibility to support Whoa Dave in a show of namesake solidarity.

Luckily it looks like a pretty cool mashup of OG Mario Bros., Super Crate Box, and Joust.

Looks pretty interesting. Loved Super Crate Box.

Sojiro

Some great looking stuff here. Really looking forward Pier Solar, Teslagrad, One Piece and A.N.N.E (am a backer for A.N.N.E, it looks soo damn good). The surprise here for me is Chromophore, I haven't seen that one before and it looks really good, definitely keeping that one on my radar.

I really appreciate that Cubeman is going cross platform multiplayer, wish a lot more games would do the same. With that said I still have no idea what the hell is going on in that game, every video just has tons of shit blowing up everywhere...is it a tower defense game? If it is, thats a bummer for me personally, but it looks very chaotic and fun regardless.

Reactions to everything that is an eShop exclusive:
Gunman Clive 2: Looks like a great way to build on the original by adding more variety, content, upping the budget, and really iterating.
Woah Dave: Straight rip-off of Super Crate Box
Blast 'em Bunnies: Something you'd see in a Wal-Mart cheap games bin :/
Tapingo 2: Looks great, if you like Picross or number-puzzle games you'd like this
Thorium Wars: Looks like a low budget non-licensed version of Star Wars: Rogue Squadron for N64

Looking forward to Gunman Clive 2, anyway.

Edit: Oh Chariot isn't the game I saw on Steam Greenlight. Yeah, that looks great. Would love if it was co-op!

Actually, Woah Dave is not eShop-exclusive (coming to Vita and PC, etc), and neither is Blast 'em Bunnies. (also Vita and PS4 I believe).

Top Bottom