MS Paint Banners. Because I can.
Conference and Livestream Times here
Given that there are now seemingly more announcements in the immediate lead-in to E3 than there may be in the show itself, I thought it'd be appropriate to start gathering the data now, or else risk falling further behind. As always, this is a community effort - so any news you think is worthy of this list that isn't on there already, please feel free to format it for the list and I'll add it in. I'm only one dude, so I miss things.
As many know, I enjoy the process of summarizing. It's soothing:
E3 2006 Summary Topic
Tokyo Game Show 2005 Summary Topic
E3 2011 Summary Topic
Those are some examples of my past work.
How does it work?
In short, there will be two terms used for every bulletpoint. Wherever you see the word "Link" you'll get a direct link to an article, video or some other informative bit of news about the bulletpoint. Wherever you see the word "Thread", you'll get a link to an ongoing neoGAF discussion about that bit of news. This way, this thread is integrally linked to the community as well as E3 as a show. I hope this process makes things easy for you guys to follow!
How will the updating process work?
There will be four main posts, each segmented into themes. One is for Microsoft, one is for Nintendo and one is for Sony. The fourth is for Miscellaneous items and Multiplatform titles. Each day you can check my OP, and you'll see the latest bulletpoints with a timestamp. This is how it will look
June 6, 5:52PM(EST)
● Beast Souls has been announced for the 3DS, Vita and iPhones! (Link, Thread)
June 6, 7:00PM(EST)
● Remember that other shit? That was nothing. Kingdom Hearts III is now an exclusive firefox/chrome/IE browser game! (Link, Thread)
The latest update will always be at the most bottom of the page. This way, you'll always be able to see what news you might have missed. My schedule is going to be irregular, but in general you'll always see an update around 5:00PM(EST), and then continually until around 8:30PM(EST) as far as I can do. Keep checking to see if anything is new!
How can you help?
You probably didn't ask this. But I'm going to pretend you did anyway! I am one single person, who also has to hold down a job. The industry is now a massive, daunting place with news falling out of every orifice every second around the hour. What this means is that it is literally going to be impossible for me to get every single bit of news everywhere. I'm bound to miss something.
I fully encourage you to post news articles - using the format I have for my topic bulletpoints - in this thread or in PM to me, and I will also update them into the post. At the end of my posts, I will regularly be updating a "thank you" list to everyone who has contributed.
Thanks you to the following members for their contributions:
nynt9, vincenth69, Salex_, Love Deterrence, Kane1345, Banjo-Kazooie, Volotaire, enzo_gt, golem, LOCK
June 4, 6:00PM(EST)
● Harvest Moon 3D: The Lost Valley has been announced for the 3DS! Natsume promises a fully three dimensional setting and a "fully customized world", which means what you think it does! (Link, Thread)
● Official Gamecube Controller Adapter has been an announced for the Wii U. And it does what you think it would! Rad! (Link, Thread)
● Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric/Shattered Crystal, previously announced for the Wii U and 3DS, has had something of an information blowout leading into E3. Uses CryEngine. Check it out for the uninitiated! (Link, Thread)
● Pushmo World, a follow-up to to the Nintendo 3DS puzzle classic, has been revealed for the Wii U. Releasing June 19, it will cost $9.99. (Link, Thread)
June 5, 4:28PM(EST)
● Alphadia Genesis, from Natsume, is apparently for the Wii U, looks like an RPG of some kind, I still am not sure after watching that video. It will be at E3, and it's coming to the US. (Link, url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831361]Thread[/url])
● A-Train: City Simulator, also from Natsume, is a transportation simulator where you can guide the buses, taxis, trains and more to their ultimate heights. Coming to the US now for the 3DS, also at E3. (Link, Thread)
● Ace Attorney Trilogy is coming to the West! Features high resolution re-drawn visuals and 3D for the 3DS system. No *cough* OBJECTION *cough* from me. (Link, Thread)
June 9, 5:20PM(EST)
● Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, for 3DS and Wii U, has a new trailer out for E3. The only issue is one of the screens says it's the epic conclusion to the Shantae series. What? (Link, Thread)
June 9, 5:37PM(EST)
● eShop E3 trailers are falling out of the ass. So, I'm going to list the games that have trailers, and you can just go to the thread to view the ones you're interested in. There's Gunman Clive 2, Whoa Dave!, Phoenix Wright Trilogy, Blast 'Em Bunnies... (Thread)
● eShop E3 trailers 2 cont. include Persona Q, Tapingo 2, Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL World, Thorium Wars, Moon Chronicles... (Thread)
● eShop E3 trailers 3 cont. include Tengami, Teslagrad, 6180: The Moon, Armillo, Chromophore, Chariot, Cubemen 2, One Piece Unlimited World Red... (Thread)
● eShop E3 trailers 4 cont. include PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures 2, Pier Solar and the Great Architects, STARWHAL: just the Tip, Nihilumbra, Teslagrad, Wooden Sen'Sey, A.N.N.E. and Citizens of Earth. (Thread)
June 10, 4:39PM(EST)
● Devil's Third is now a Wii U exclusive! We got new media and everything. Nice snatch by Nintendo! (Link, Thread)
● Bayonetta 1 and Bayonetta 2 are going to be coming out in the same package! Can this news be any better? The value is fucking insane. Also, you can wear Samus' gear in the game! (Link, Thread)
● Xenoblade Chronicles X is the official name now! And we also got a brand new E3 trailer! Wii U <3. (Link, Thread)
● The Legend of Zelda Wii U is coming out in 2015, and it's open world, cel-shaded and fucking mind blowingly gorgeous. Get hyped bros, because I am. (Link, Thread)
● Hyrule Warriors has a release date of September 26, and new footage! Check out this Musou spin off game! (Link, Thread)
● Yoshi's Wooly World has been revealed anew with a 2015 date. Still has the yarn visual style. New trailer for consumption. (Link, Thread)
● Star Fox is coming to the Wii U in 2015. Check out the prototype images and such. (Link, Thread)
● Mii's enter the Smash Bros. arena as an actual fighter for the 3DS/Wii U games. (Link, Thread)
● Paulenta enter the Smash Bros. arena as an actual fighter for 3DS/Wii U games. (Link, Thread)
● Mario vs. Donkey Kong has been announced for the Wii U! I loved the handheld titles so I'm really excited. (Link, Thread)
● Art Academy for the Wii U, the game that teachers you how to get better at drawing, gets an October window release date. (Link, Thread)
● Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is yet another Wii U game coming in 2015. Year of the Wii U indeed. It's basically Canvas Curse reborn, and that's amazing. (Link, Thread)
● Splatoon is Nintendo's Wii U take on the shooter, and as you imagine, it's colorful and imaginative. 4vs4 with the goal of being covering 50% of the map with your color. Also 2015. (Link, Thread)
● Amiibo is the new Nintendo initiative feature Nintendo figures with chips in them to store your data and interact with compatible games. Check out how it works. (Link)
● Mario Party 10 has been announced for the Wii U and - you guessed it - it's 2015. Introduces "bowser mode", which turns a player into Bowser to wreak havoc on the world. (Link, Thread)
● Skylander's Trap Team has an E3 2014 gameplay demo, and will be compatible with Nintendo's Amiibo initiative. (Link)
● Mario Maker is real after all, and is coming for Wii U, also in 2015. Looks like sooo much fun! (Link, Thread)
● Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a standalone version of the Mario 3D World side game. Looks pretty nice indeed! (Link, Thread)
● Capcom Virtual Console games have been revealed, and there's 15 of them! Includes Breath of Fire, Mega Man X3, Mega Man VII, and Demon's Crest. (Link)
● Smash Bros. 3DS has been delayed to October 3, 2014. (Link)
● Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire on 3DS have an E3 2014 trailer in all its glory! (Link, Thread)
● Persona Q, the Etrian Odyssey/Persona love child for 3DS, also has some new E3 media for consumption. (Link, Thread)
● Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright is coming to the US on August 29th! (Thread)
● Fantasy Life, Level 5's 3DS RPG, is coming out in the west! Available October 24th! (Link)
June 10, 4:58PM(EST)
● Project Giant Robot, developed with help from Miyamoto, is a game where you design your own robot and then hop into the cockpit to fuck your competitor's up. Not much more info than that atm. (Link)
● Project Guard, also developed with help from Miyamoto, is a game where you have to protect security cameras from attack. Looks frantic. (Link)
June 10, 11:03PM(EST)
● Pac-Man and Mr. Game and Watch has joined Smash Bros for 3DS/Wii U! The long rumoured character is now officially apart of the roster! (Link, Thread)
June 12, 7:50PM(EST)
● Fossil Fighters: Frontier for the 3DS has been shown at E3. Trailer at the link. (Link, Thread)
● Code Name S.T.E.A.M. for the 3DS from IntSys; Steampunk, cel-shaded. Looks rough, but I trust IntSys. (Thread)
● Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is "right on schedule", just not ready to be shown yet. (Thread)
● Final Fantasy Explorers is a 4 player action RPG; job system and you fight summons. Gather crystals. (Link, Thread)