• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for May 2016

sense

Apparently uc4 beat uc3 launch numbers which was a holiday game on a bigger install base so that's a good start.

Toki767

I guess Microsoft is going to really count on Scorpio to turn things around.

I'm sure that's the plan, but they don't seem to be considering that by then, people will have had a year to get a Neo.

They'll be in the PS3 position rather than the 360 position.

Moskalova

Uncharted 4 was a huge success for Sony and the PlayStation 4. It tops thee month of May, which is always impressive for a single-platform release going up against games like Doom that are on both PS4 and Xbox One. The action-adventure game was one of the most anticipated releases of the year, and that clearly translated into huge sales for both the game itself and the hardware.

“Uncharted 4 also marked the best first month of sales for any game in the Uncharted series after Uncharted 3, which is remarkable given the fact that it launched during the holiday period in November 2011,” said Callahan. “The success of Uncharted helped Sony rank as the leading software publisher for May 2016.”

Imagine if iD actually sent out review copies of DOOM or marketed the single player better. I imagine month two and three are high as well.

Hmm, as Venturebeat suggests, maybe the surge in hardware thanks to UC4 caused people to buy other games like Minecraft and what not? Nice to see PS4 doing well with software though.

So, this is also the best opening month for Uncharted ever. What does that make the minimum for UC4?

Oh wow, I didn't even realize this was out today.

Congrats to ND/Sony for UC4. And I didn't expect Doom to be that high. Awesome. I haven't played it but my friends love it.

mr stroke

Overwatch isn't on Steam as it is a Blizzard game, Battle.net and retail is where you get their games from. What we do know about Overwatch is that they have over 7 million players already, the game was always going to be overwhelming dominant as a PC digital game as a Blizzard title and that's not going to be represented on NPD.

is this always the case with Blizzard games?

How the hell did Battleborn get that high in the top ten. You mean to tell me that Americans were enthusiastic for that game all along?! Inconceivable.

Iksenpets

Banned
Overwatch is probably disproportionately digital in terms of sales, I wonder where it would be if those were counted. Also wonder how big the gap is going from the top three down to number four, because that top three has to be one of the biggest trios of games to release in the same month outside of the holidays in recent memory.

Top Bottom