• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Champions League Thread that money can't buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reno7728 said:
Looks like a Metatarshal gone for Rooney

We are fucked for the WC

US Nat'l team will be pleased if this is the case..
poor Rooney, I hope he's not fucked. I don't care who you pull for, the man is inspiring to watch.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that looks like a metatarsal injury. If that's true then United season is hanging by a thread. I mean, shit Own Goal is their second top goal scorer. Also his World Cup would be over.

Hopefully not the latter. Even though I hate United with a passion I'd like to see in the World Cup.

Deadman

Considering Bayern were the better side for pretty much the entire game im just happy the result wasnt worse and the tie isnt already over. We will need to play alot better next week.

Ofc the major concern now is rooney, if its serious our entire season is over.

1-1 would have been a great result to back back to Old Trafford but can't complain about 2-1 other than the way in which the goals happened :(

3-1 in the home leg and all is well.

Messi

Lunchbox said:
shit rooney injury is the bigger problem

united will smash this 2nd division team at old trafford, but need rooney fit

a patchwork bayern beat a full power united tonight and you think missing rooney you will still hammer bayern in old trafford?

Blablurn

fcb.png

Lunchbox

Banned
Messi said:
a patchwork bayern beat a full power united tonight and you think missing rooney you will still hammer bayern in old trafford?

second leg is at old trafford not some run down backyard in germany

but if Rooney's injury is serious its season over for united

Because the thread title is vague...

The CONCACAF champions league semi-finals kick off tonight with all mexican teams. All four non-mexican teams lost in the quarterfinals.

Tonight:
Toluca vs Pachuca

Tomorrow:
UNAM vs Cruz Azul

Like the UEFA champions league, the winner plays in the club world cup in December.

Reno7728

Yeah that wasn't his metatarshal, Rooney grabs his archilles.

So out for chelsea back for england

No no.19 and a WC. perfect

Lunchbox

Banned
Messi said:
A backyard? they have a better stadium, lol. Man united fans are fun.

Barca says hi.
barca?:lol

the same barca that lost to united at old trafford last time they came? the 1-0 from that night for united means they go through. Munich isnt a problem. Rooney's injury is the bigger problem

poor barcelona fans, always living under madrid's shadow made them all bitter.

Rooney may be a doubt for Saturday according to Fergie... kick on the ankle.
Doesn't sound like it is too bad but might end up worse than first thought. Hopefully will be better asap though.

Lunchbox said:

the same barca that lost to united at old trafford last time they came? the 1-0 from that night for united means they go through. Munich isnt a problem. Rooney's injury is the bigger problem

ManU's having their last CL game this season next wednesday. Why would you worry about Rooney? I don't get it...

Brinbe

We played like shit, and that was a deserved result, they played better. At least it was only 2-1 and goals due to stupid mishaps (Thanks Nev/Evra). Not like they absolutely killed us though, despite dominating play. Not sure that's gonna be the same in the 2nd leg though @ OT, even without Rooney, others will step up. They certainly can't play any worse, anyway.

More worried about the Chelsea game now.

Lunchbox

Banned
Mailenstein said:
ManU's having their last CL game this season next wednesday. Why would you worry about Rooney? I don't get it...

Theres still 6 league games left
and the champions league semis/final

Brinbe

Mailenstein said:
Who cares about premier league? CL is where it's at :lol !
Yes, and we've been in the finals two years in a row? :lol

Going out at this stage isn't the end of the world at all. Any team can win it now.

Lunchbox

Banned
Mailenstein said:
Who cares about premier league? CL is where it's at :lol !

who cares about the league??? :lol are you a LOSERpool fan?

League is how you get to the champions league, and winning it this year would fill up merseyside with bitter tears

Brinbe said:
Yes, and we've been in the finals two years in a row? :lol

Going out at this stage isn't the end of the world at all. Any team can win it now.
True, but ManU will most likely take part in the CL next season again, so I wouldn't see league games as a problem. The big money is at the CL halffinals/final.

Messi

Lunchbox said:

I think you will find the last time you played barca you got your ass handed to you 2-0 in the champions league final. Its funny how united fans block that out.

living under madrids shadow? did you not see the kicking we gave them last year 6-2, and 1-0 this year.

:)

I hope you guys do make it to the final, then you can see the real worlds best player

Reno7728

Mailenstein said:
True, but ManU will most likely take part in the CL next season again, so I wouldn't see league games as a problem. The big money is at the CL halffinals/final.

I think most fans would rather have the League than the Champions league. Especially United Fans this year

god I want a premiership victory SO MUCH

Hyphen

Kamakazie! said:
Rooney may be a doubt for Saturday according to Fergie... kick on the ankle.
Doesn't sound like it is too bad but might end up worse than first thought. Hopefully will be better asap though.

Very rarely see Wayne beat the floor in pain like that. He's definitely rolled on his right ankle. Ferguson didn't seem too worried though, but then again, he didn't even know which foot Rooney had hurt... :D

As for the game itself - Bayern deserved the win. Utd scored early, and then seemed to abandon their usual direct attacking football. Surprisingly very defensive after that. Credit to Bayern, they really held on to the ball well, and created some good opportunities.

Lunchbox

Banned
Messi said:
I think you will find the last time you played barca you got your ass handed to you 2-0 in the champions league final. Its funny how united fans block that out.

living under madrids shadow? did you not see the kicking we gave them last year 6-2, and 1-0 this year.

:)

I hope you guys do make it to the final, then you can see the real worlds best player

whose blocking anything out? after dominating barcelona for the opening 10 mins eto (someone you replaced with that mug zlatan) saved your ass and then xavi and iniesta took over because United didnt have fletcher to break up play. gameover

you talked about old trafford, and i reminded you how messi cried off the pitch with rijkard and henry the last time you lot came to old trafford.

madrid has 31 league titles and you have 19 :lol nice "ass kicking"

Messi

we are talking about now no? I seem to remember united being played off the pitch in the final. Messi of all people scored a header. :) there was no crying from messi in the final last year when he ran rings around the super united defence.

whos won more clasicos?

Google

Messi said:
we are talking about now no? I seem to remember united being played off the pitch in the final. Messi of all people scored a header. :) there was no crying from messi in the final last year when he ran rings around the super united defence.

whos won more clasicos?

Just as an FYI to both Manchester United and Barcelona fans:

No one gives a fuck!

Honestly.

No one gives a fuck who you think is the better team. We wish you could have the humility to accept that football transcends the two biggest and well funded teams in the world, and that arguing which team is best, is like arguing whether chocolate tastes better than chocolate.

Get over yourselves, and support a real team.

Messi

Google said:
Just as an FYI to both Manchester United and Barcelona fans:

No one gives a fuck!

Honestly.

No one gives a fuck who you think is the better team. We wish you could have the humility to accept that football transcends the two biggest and well funded teams in the world, and that arguing which team is best, is like arguing whether chocolate tastes better than chocolate.

Get over yourselves, and support a real team.

Thanks for your opinion. I want my team to win as much as possible. Just like you do yours. now leave us be.

Lunchbox

Banned
Messi said:

whos won more clasicos?

United arent playing munich in rome next week......

they're playing where this happened - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqP_jSrOiZY

scholesgoalv2AH_468x281.jpg

heres an avatar for you -

1zbh094.jpg

Messi

Look at that delicious sadness in the background.

Hey, I have one for you.....its the one that could cost you the league and the champions league. hahaha

Manchester-Uniteds-Wayne--001.jpg

Also great that you feel the need to reference a match that happened 2 years ago, even though that have played since and it was a very very different match. Especially from the messi point of view.

Lunchbox

Banned
Messi said:
Look at that delicious sadness in the background.

Hey, I have one for you.....its the one that could cost you the league and the champions league. hahaha

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2010/3/30/1269984380844/Manchester-Uniteds-Wayne--001.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

nah, united already have a trophy this season and are on top of the league right now, unlike barcelona they're not gonna give Real Madrid a guard of honor like they always do

[IMG]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2008/writers/jonah_freedman/05/08/madrid.barcelona/clasico_st.jpg

Messi

Supported them for the last 10 or so years. Not that I have to explain why I support any team.

Eh, I am over this. You win, united are great. All hail man united.

Edit: Did you honestly just try to make it seem like a guard of honour was a bad thing? I wish we seen more of it in the premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom