• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official February 2008 NPD Results - "Last Gen" > "Next Gen" - Industry Gone Wild.

Brashnir

Reilly said:
Turok? In the top 10? Really?

It's an FPS on 360, plus the Turok name still holds some cache with a lot of gamers. The number surprises me a little, but the real surprises for me are COD4 and Lost Odyssey. Really surprising that COD4 is still in the top spot. The game has serious legs. Rock Band is still showing some solid legs as well.

Lost Odyssey had bomb written all over it as far as I was concerned.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Firestorm said:
Wii seems to have got some massive shipments in the week leading up to Brawl. I think Canadian stores receveived 2 shipments, maybe 3, over the course of a week.

Yeah, my store's definitely got more in the two weeks before Brawl.

RobertM

seinfield.gif

My Wii and DS numbers were way off, well I'm out.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wii Play should re-pass Halo 3 to re-become the best-selling game of this console generation fairly soon. The difference is now <500k.

harSon

Banned
chubigans said:
Suddenly the thought of GTAIV selling close on both systems doesn't seem so out there.

I think there is a pretty large difference between Devil May Cry and Grand Theft Auto.

Kolgar

fortified_concept said:
HOLY SHIT! X360 has three times PS3's userbase and still DMC sold almost the same.

Well DMC is a "PlayStation" franchise and because it's not online, many hardcore gamers (read: those with both a PS3 and 360) opted for the PS3 version in this instance.

Dante

MobiusPigeon said:
do you know DMC is like a pure playstation franchise? gimme a break. i dont know anyone who thought the game would sell better on 360.

Show me these dumb people.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
cjelly said:
To be fair, I don't think anyone expected such good numbers for LO and Turok.

I expected LO to do well based on the fact that it kept selling out in a lot of places.

Hero

Kagari said:
Smash Bros anticipation. Expect March to be similar if not higher.

I was implying more about the supply for Wii being that great in a non-holiday season month. That's absolutely ridiculous.

Grats to Activision on COD4.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
PS3 outsells 360 again this month?

I'm surprised GAF isn't freaking out again.

Narag

jetjevons said:
I wonder what happens to the PS3 DMC4 numbers if there was no 360 version/

People like me would've had a PS3 in that case as I follow franchises more than systems.

gtj1092

MobiusPigeon said:
do you know DMC is like a pure playstation franchise? gimme a break. i dont know anyone who thought the game would sell better on 360.

sarcasm? joke post? I dont get it.

kbear

Stumpokapow said:
Wii Play should re-pass Halo 3 to re-become the best-selling game of this console generation fairly soon. The difference is now <500k.
You really can't be serious with that.

O, too bad no one is buying PS3 games still:lol I am as guilty as the next PS3 owner I guess. I bought a 40GB in Jan or Feb and haven't bought anything for it since then. I do have some spiffy DS3's though:D

I hope LO sells more, good thing Capcom put DMC4 on 360 that would've sucked for them if they kept it PS3 exclusive.

Mrbob

Methinks the PS3 has finally turned the corner in the USA.

DMC4 PS3 sales are also extremely impressive considering hardware install bases. I might have to revise my GTA4 sales ratio now.

Kolgar said:
Well DMC is a "PlayStation" franchise and because it's not online, many hardcore gamers (read: those with both a PS3 and 360) opted for the PS3 version in this instance.

I think the real difference is that Playstation has one game in the top ten....the 360 userbase, while strong, can't have 5 games with 400,000 sales.....people bought one game from Sony this month, and even then, that one game couldn't crack what it sold on a console with like 4 or 5 other options.

I'm not trying to take a big dig at Sony with this, but c'mon, it's not that hard to figure out what happened.

Liquid

Banned
chubigans said:
Suddenly the thought of GTAIV selling close on both systems doesn't seem so out there.

only GTA has already appeared on MS consoles and in better form at that, DMC has not. nowhere near the same.

hauton

Quick Analysis

A) PS3 beating 360 a second month in a row, and the consensus is that there was little, if any, shortage of 360s for Feb (maybe slight shortages for the first week or two)
B) Devil May Cry 4 doing nearly as well on PS3 as 360 with a much smaller install base
C) Call of Duty 4 360 is UNSTOPPABLE
D) PS2 is GODLIKE, IT HASN'T EVEN HIT $99 YET!
E) Wii and DS dominate, but what else is new? DS is especially crazy @ over half a fucking million
F) Good to see the PSP still healthy - I'm pretty sure the consensus by now is that the PSP has been a mild success story for Sony, standing up to Nintendo in the handheld race where no one else could

Mashing

Damn, what's GHIII Wii up to now? Has it outsold the other versions of the game (I didn't see last months NPD results).

Top Bottom