• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

DMczaf

Hey bob

karma.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BirdBomb said:
Uh let's get the show on the road. Where's the Chargers?

edit this is Denver btw.

Woah there, gotta finish out the season, and you have the bye.

POST ON YOUR OWN GODDAMNED ACCOUNT.

:lol @ Bob. Roster updates pwn once again. The BS shit went from Pats to Steelers now. :lol

Mrbob

Ladies when you see the final score and stats with my game against Mig you'll see the beast which will be reckoned with in season 3. :D

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wellington said:
Woah there, gotta finish out the season, and you have the bye.

POST ON YOUR OWN GODDAMNED ACCOUNT.

:lol @ Bob. Roster updates pwn once again. The BS shit went from Pats to Steelers now. :lol

He's only got the bye if the Chargers win out. So SickBoy's games actually matter.

Miguel

If a player never actually crosses the goal line, or even midfield, it is not a touchdown. Sorry Bob, the 2nd half starts with you kicking off to me, no Jones TD.

^I have photographic proof that the events Mrbob will attempt to believe you happened, in fact, never did happen.

Andokuky

Banned
Archaix said:
He's only got the bye if the Chargers win out. So SickBoy's games actually matter.

Actually if they win out I don't have the bye. If they lose a game then I have the bye. If they lose a game the playoff games are set and we can move forward while people finish out the season.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Andokuky said:
Actually if they win out I don't have the bye. If they lose a game then I have the bye. If they lose a game the playoff games are set and we can move forward while people finish out the season.

Right, I meant "He's only got the bye if the Chargers don't win out"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
mrbob: Did you and mig just agree to use the shittiest D plays imaginable for the entire game?

<Mig> Hey, I'm gonna sub out all my starters and use Punt Block D while you run up the field. OK?

<mrbob> Sure, but I get to use regular D formations with my backups.

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
Ladies when you see the final score and stats with my game against Mig you'll see the beast which will be reckoned with in season 3. :D
:lol With the best defense in the game, you let the Texans score 37 points? You let Carr score twice on the bears?!

Disgraceful...

SickBoy

Hey, if anyone has contact with Wasabi, I am in for the night... I'll be on the board for the immediate future and will check back in intervals. I'm now determined to finish out the year without using AIM.

Mrbob

Rorschach said:
:lol With the best defense in the game, you let the Texans score 37 points? You let Carr score twice on the bears?!

Disgraceful...

Ahahah

Well at the end of the game i refused to punt, so I was kicking 84 and 78 yard fg attempts and missed! :lol Good field position. ;)

It was all about the offensive stats that game, though, for me. :D

SickBoy

Well, I think I'm going to be waiting longer if I want to play tonight... gonna have to call it an evening... I guess we can try for the weekend... or Friday night if that's reasonable.

SickBoy

Crud, my schedule Saturday may be tightening up. I'm trying to get out of it, but I may well have to attend a one-year-old's birthday party. (WTF -- whyyyyy me?)

That would put my availability Saturday down to pre-noon MT. Which sucks.

Sunday I have more freedom, so if Wasabi and CK can let me know if any of these times work for them, that would be good... Tonight, also, I will have some availability late (probably starting at 11 MT)

Mrbob

DMczaf said:
Is Wasabi still in the league? He has 3 games left :lol

Yeah and he had the nerve to talk shit about me not finishing my games! ;)

Wasabi and Sickboy and carrying the torch for me at the moment! :lol

SickBoy

Scratch the earlier concern about the birthday party, still if you guys can name a time (preferably early, as in pre-noon MT; or 5 p.m. -- I'm not as flexible as I usually would be in the afternoon or evening) on Saturday, that would be great.

On Sunday, I'm more flexible and should be able to make a game unless it's right smack-dab in the middle of the afternoon.

EDIT: And I officially should be home by 11 p.m. tonight, if that is more convenient for anyone...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Pre-noon MT is before 2 PM here, so it's fine with me. I'm usually up at about 10 AM ET so I'll be around.

Been slacking on my practices thanks to GRAW, so you may luck out a win. ;)

Rorschach

BirdBomb said:
Uh, because im here for the next season...
I meant that your account was activated so it would stop the "who's denver; who's dallas" confusion, but your brother is now posting under BirdBomb as well. Hence me quoting this:
BirdBomb said:
Uh let's get the show on the road. Where's the Chargers?

edit this is Denver btw.
You should each use your own account :p

Anyway, it was just a joke...

Sorry dudes! I'm still in, I've just been tied up with shit. And listen, Mr. Flake, your rep proceeds me. So don't even start!

I want to finish all my games this weekend, so everyone else, let me know when you are free and as long as it is not Saturday night, I'll be there.

Rorschach

Holy shit, my madden luck continues....and this time it isn't even the Raiders. It's spreading to teams I don't even give a shit about!!

I'm gonna have to counter it by being the Pats next season. You heard me, fellas!

Miguel

Rorschach said:
Holy shit, my madden luck continues....and this time it isn't even the Raiders. It's spreading to teams I don't even give a shit about!!

I'm gonna have to counter it by being the Pats next season. You heard me, fellas!

Not if DM wins the SuperBowl.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
Not if DM wins the SuperBowl.
#1 DM won't win the superbowl
#2 ...you're serious? I was joking,
and mostly trying to bait CK
but are you really serious? Chump!
#3 Hero can't save you from moss.

Raiders4lyfe, mofo!

[edit] Anyone want to take over the pats for a couple of games so I can finally play?

SickBoy

OK, I will try this:
Saturday
10 a.m MT (noon ET) for CK,
Directly after (say 11) for Wasabi.

If that works, then let's do it. I will try to rise before 10 a.m.... it'll be a feat given my always-late schedule.

And don't worry CK, I've been playing poorly enough of late you don't need practice.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SickBoy said:
OK, I will try this:
Saturday
10 a.m MT (noon ET) for CK,
Directly after (say 11) for Wasabi.

If that works, then let's do it. I will try to rise before 10 a.m.... it'll be a feat given my always-late schedule.

And don't worry CK, I've been playing poorly enough of late you don't need practice.

Excellent, I was about to suggest 10 AM MT.

I have to go pick up my car at the shop at 11 AM MT, so that should work out.

If we could maybe start a little earlier, it wouldn't hurt either. ;)

SickBoy

Yeah, just got up... need to grab a quick drink. If you're ready, head online and I should be there in 5...

Wasabi, make a note here if you're available for 11 (or find me on in Madden -- my nick is SickBoyGA)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Sickboy but I've never seen so much good luck for my opponent in a single game.

First passing play of the game, Eli injured.

First completion of the game, Plaxico fumbles giving the ball up.

2nd and 9 at 10 to go to the TD, Michael Strahan, future hall of famer, the man who I am controlling, encroaches on a fake snap even with my finger off the analog stick (Sickboy was trying to lure me off all game). Subsequent play is a TD.

Sickboy punts, hits at the 1 inch line, at a 92 degree angle out of bounds, so I get the ball at the 1.

I'm in the redzone, Burress wide open for a TD, Donnie Edwards jumps and looks literally like this --> ) I didn't know humans could bend like that.

Drops? 4 total. Just because the starting QB is gone, the receivers play worse?

I double team Gates almost all game and he's still wide open to make the crucial catches. I have a CB in perfect position to deflect a long pass, goes through his hands.

Anytime I tried the no huddle, my guys false started.

3rd and goal to go at the 2, I audible, my guys set with about 3 secs left, snap doesn't go off, 3rd and 7, leading to I believe the above mentioned int.

I don't think I called a bad game. As such, Sickboy, you better make the superbowl because I want a piece of you without the deck stacked against me.

Miguel

Wellington said:
Sickboy punts, hits at the 1 inch line, at a 92 degree angle out of bounds, so I get the ball at the 1.
Technically, wouldn't it be 88 degrees? And you have a construction/architecture job? *slaps CK*

Wellington said:
I'm in the redzone, Burress wide open for a TD, Donnie Edwards jumps and looks literally like this --> ) I didn't know humans could bend like that.

:lol

I hate/love when that happens, depending on if it happens for or against me. :(

Andokuky

Banned
I hate Gates with a passion. I remember our game he caught a lob on a post and I lined up a shot with Lynch, hit didn't even register, Gates breaks 2 more tackles for a TD or something like that :lol

I have another new playbook, I think it opens the passing game up more while keeping some good plays for Bell in there but I'm sure I'll choke on it come game time. Let's go Wasabi!! 2 straight AFC title games in Denver. Is there any way to see the score without actually being on Madden?

Top Bottom