• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jade Raymond's Assassin's Creed thread of PATRICE BRISEBOIS

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
nelsonroyale said:
peoples obsession with the producers of the game is pretty sad...Im just interested in the game...and there is nothing new in this thread. blah

What's your contribtution to society?

Bildi said:
If you're going to attempt a condescending post I suggest including at least two of the following three items:

1) you have a girlfriend/wife;
2) the target of your post has never had sex/will never have sex; or
3) you've had anal sex with a girl.

Number 1 - check
Number 2 - Unverified
Number 3 - On my to do list

Edit - Wow this thread has been derailed. Does anyone actually care about the quality of the game anymore?

Knox

Level 8 Boss said:
Number 1 - check
Number 2 - Unverified
Number 3 - On my to do list

Edit - Wow this thread has been derailed. Does anyone actually care about the quality of the game anymore?
What game?

Spark

its taken a long time but i'm feeling a bit embarrassed for GAF right now... this fawning over jade is getting ridiculous...shes a producer, a hardworking one too... but so what, every other guy thats involved deserves the credit too...

Come on guys, the game....im in the mood for a good discussion about the game..

By the way, the picture that Bildi posted with Alistair climbing up the Church, i find it really hard to believe that the game will look like that, some serious photo shop touch ups going on in that photo i reckon... if not, hats off to UBI Montreal.

ElyrionX

Spark said:
its taken a long time but i'm feeling a bit embarrassed for GAF right now... this fawning over jade is getting ridiculous...shes a producer, a hardworking one too... but so what, every other guy thats involved deserves the credit too....

Who says we're giving Jade credit for the game? We're giving her ATTENTION because she's hot AND she's a GAME PRODUCER. Assassin's Creed is just lucky that some of the Jade-attention (Jadention?) has been rubbing off on it.

Ledsen

I think the most interesting thing here is that Jade Raymond gets so much crap for being the center of attention. No one would EVER dream of writing an article called "Why does everyone care so much about David Jaffe?". Many male producers get attention because they talk alot or because they are weird as fuck (Itagaki). So it's okay for a man to get attention for being an attention whore, but it's NOT okay for a woman to get attention because she's pretty? Hmmm, where have I seen this pattern before... oh that's right.

JCtheMC

Ledsen said:
I think the most interesting thing here is that Jade Raymond gets so much crap for being the center of attention. No one would EVER dream of writing an article called "Why does everyone care so much about David Jaffe?". Many male producers get attention because they talk alot or because they are weird as fuck (Itagaki). So it's okay for a man to get attention for being an attention whore, but it's NOT okay for a woman to get attention because she's pretty? Hmmm, where have I seen this pattern before... oh that's right.

There's a number of vocal game developers that need to shut the fuck up and just make games. And if a writer would take out the time to write a well-versed article detailing why they should shut up, i'd wholeheartedly support it. I'm thinking of a number of Japanese dudes who love the press attention, and yes, Jaffe also comes to mind. Or what about Peter Molyneux... i love a number of his games, but really... it'd be great if he'd just shut up until Fable 2 comes out.

Atleast Jade only talks about her game, and isn't venting her opinion about the state of the industry every time someone points a microphone at her. Thank god for that. And by the way, it's not her taking crap, it's the people that mindlessly give her attention based on her looks.

Ledsen said:

No one would write that article about Jaffe because he's directed GoW, Twisted Metal ect. When people think of Jade, whether it's right or not, they just see an attractive woman who's role in the game doesn't seem to justify how much attention she's getting.

With that said, she's done nothing wrong and doesn't seem to deserve all the heat she takes.

Bojangles

This thread got all kinds of awesome.

As for the inability to jump, from what I've heard, the controls are all sort of "context" sensitive.

What I think that means, is that you either press forward and the dude automatically jumps/scales/drops etc, or you have a button that you press and he'll jump/climb/etc.

Dyno

blog.jpg

Imagine you're a guard and there are clues that a deadly assassin is afoot. Your crossbow is nocked, but who is there to fire at? Who in the sea of peasantry is the villain?

It's become easy. See that guy who looks really, really cool? Shoot him. Don't ask questions, just put one in his back. There is no way a normal, everyday, unthreatening person winds up looking that cool. Check the peasants around him, not nearly as cool looking, are they? No, in fact they look rather lame when put up next to this guy, so really there should be no doubt.

Kill the really fucking cool looking guy who's trying to blend in. That will be your assassin each and every time. If I was an evil tyrannt I would simply execute anyone wearing metal-as-fuck armbands and crazy belts, and in doing so I would live to be ripe old age.

Can you tell I'm getting a little tired of this cliche in video games?

karasu

Dyno said:
blog.jpg

Imagine you're a guard and there are clues that a deadly assassin is afoot. Your crossbow is nocked, but who is there to fire at? Who in the sea of peasantry is the villian?

It's become easy. See that guy who looks really, really cool? Shoot him. Don't ask questions, just put one in his back. There is no way a normal, everyday, unthreatening person winds up looking that cool. Check the peasants around him, not nearly as cool looking, are they? No, in fact they look rather lame when put up next to this guy, so really there should be no doubt.

Kill the really fucking cool looking guy who's trying to blend in. That will be your assassin each and every time. If I was an evil tyrannt I would simply execute anyone wearing metal-as-fuck armbands and crazy belts, and in doing so I would live to be ripe old age.

Can you tell I'm getting a little tired of this cliche in video games?

okay, but in reality th 'really cool looking' guys aren't the ones you have to worry about. They're just the guys that spend a lot of time in the mirror.

There are tons of generic space marine games that may have what you're looking for though. :lol

Dyno

karasu said:
okay, but in reality th 'really cool looking' guys aren't the ones you have to worry about. They're just the guys that spend a lot of time in the mirror.

There are tons of generic space marine games that may have what you're looking for though. :lol

Consider Mungo; he who herds sheep in the video game world. You can tell he's harmless because his serf's rags are lame and he wears boots made out of burlap. If he was designed by a Japanese person he might be wearing a pot on his head.

Hiding behind Mungo is this fucking guy, who's sporting some insane fucking leatherwork. How in the video game world does a guy come to own such finery? Really there is only one answer...

He looks that badassed because he can kill a lot of people easily. The toughness of a person is in direct purportion to the crazy gear they sport. See the detailed embellishments on his bracers? Translated that means he can kill like ten guys in a row, so shoot him.

Shoot him in the back.

Nightz

Nightz said:
Question! And no it's not about Jade :p

Does anyone know if the limited edition of the game will include a regular sized case for the game itself? I'd really like to get that 3 inch figurine for my cubicle at work, but I can't stand it when all my game cases aren't the same size.

Getting the PS3 version btw.
Soo..now that all the Jade talk has calmed down a bit, anyone care to answer this question?

Pimpwerx

The Jade obsession is typical of the gaming community. A bunch of fucking nerds fawning over the girl next door that happens to do something they like. Well, after seeing her for the first time during G4's demo of Assassin's Creed, I'm left wondering what the fuss is about. Dare I say, most of us know more about her game than she showed, and I know for a fact I have way better public-speaking skills than that. Again, a nice face and the internet are going nuts. PEACE.

Brannon

Pimpwerx said:
The Jade obsession is typical of the gaming community. A bunch of fucking nerds fawning over the girl next door that happens to do something they like. Well, after seeing her for the first time during G4's demo of Assassin's Creed, I'm left wondering what the fuss is about. Dare I say, most of us know more about her game than she showed, and I know for a fact I have way better public-speaking skills than that. Again, a nice face and the internet are going nuts. PEACE.

So wrong it hurts, it's obviously because her first name is Jade and the character in Beyond Good and Evil is named Jade and this signifies the sequel to one of the greatest games of all time.

Destiny.

Maybe not.

dankir

I actually met Patrice when I tested the game at Ubisoft here in Montreal, nice fella. Never saw Jade though :(

2 more weeks!

StranGER

Brannon said:
So wrong it hurts, it's obviously because her first name is Jade and the character in Beyond Good and Evil is named Jade and this signifies the sequel to one of the greatest games of all time.

Destiny.

Maybe not.

glad i'm not the only one who has always thought that.

Believe!!!

DSN2K

so how open ended is it ? LIKE gta where if you want you can just run around the world killing people and do missions occasionally or is it more set out missions ?

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
I remain optimisitic but I'm definately gonna wait for reviews. Too many AAA games this Xmas to risk $$$.

Pimpwerx said:

agreed...the game looks good, this is a gaming forum...lets talk about that

Brannon said:

I'm coming, Jade!

800px-Beyond_Good_and_Evil_-_Pey-j.jpg

Bojangles said:
This thread got all kinds of awesome.

As for the inability to jump, from what I've heard, the controls are all sort of "context" sensitive.

What I think that means, is that you either press forward and the dude automatically jumps/scales/drops etc, or you have a button that you press and he'll jump/climb/etc.

Exactly. I don't see any problems with it at all. People never complain about the Zelda series not having a jump button - Link just hops off/over a ledge when he approaches it. Same thing with Altair in AC.

Honestly, this new control scheme has me really intrigued. The fact that you can pull of minor or aggressive actions towards crowd members and enemies is also very cool.

disappeared said:
Exactly. I don't see any problems with it at all. People never complain about the Zelda series not having a jump button - Link just hops off/over a ledge when he approaches it. Same thing with Altair in AC.

That's not a fair comparison. In Zelda jumping is something you'll do occasionally, it's not something where the game has a big focus on that aspect. AC is game where jumping a big part of it.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
this thread would be fail if it wasnt for that shop of team raymond.
they should have a jade raymond seal of approval on the retail copy of the box.

Chrono

Banned
I can't decide between the PC and PS3 versions for this game. I can rent the PS3 game, which would be a lot cheaper than the PC game, but the PC one will probably look better on my PC. Dammit. :'(

There should be a way to rent PC games, this can be easy on services like Steam, they can just cut off your access to the game after a set period.

Chrono said:
I can't decide between the PC and PS3 versions for this game. I can rent the PS3 game, which would be a lot cheaper than the PC game, but the PC one will probably look better on my PC. Dammit. :'(

There should be a way to rent PC games, this can be easy on services like Steam, they can just cut off your access to the game after a set period.

That's what I want to do too, but the PC version doesn't even have a date yet. It's still TBD. :\

Top Bottom