• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sunset Overdrive Trailer

Dude, it's Farrow, what do you want.

Boy are you stuck in the past :/ You could at least get my fucking name right. Uncool, mate.

You used to accuse me of being a Sony fanboy. Now I'm being called out for bashing Sony exclusives that I didn't like. Make your mind up.

SgtCobra

Well, where have you been all of this time? The backhanded butthurt is always strong in X1 threads with something neat but not that neat...certainly not neat enough to pay any money for, not like the all-powerful other system with all of its non-moneyhatted exclusives featuring actual soul running at 1080p/60fps and perfect image quality. It's tiring reading past the dumb posts made by people who claim not to be interested at all in the system and its games, until it drops Kinect and goes for $99 and then maybe, just maybe, it will be okay...but only for the couple decent games it has. And, remember, maker of X1-only game was never all that good, anyway. Console wars, they're lame.
Wow this post reeks butthurt and salt, breath and count to 10...

The trailer definitely sold me on this game. Good job Insomniac, just keep doing the things you're good at and the results will be glorious.

He has said a few tines the fame is playable offline. This looks like part of their always changing things in the city (ads and other things) and offering content updates for being connected.

Ah, thanks. The various threads have moved so fast today, it's been hard to keep up with all the info jstevenson has been dropping.

Getting a strong infamous vibe on this one, while it looks really interesting its really not my type of game. The good thing is that MS is stepping up its games.

I haven't read any of this thread yet, but the first thing that popped in my head when i saw the actual gameplay. Was a Dead Rising-esque game that actually looks fun to me. No offense to Dead rising fans.

btags

I am really happy that this is a third person shooter. For some reason I thought it was an fps, and was worried it would get lost with the likes of destiny coming out this fall. I was not that excited for this game before, mainly because I believed it would not look like the reveal trailer, but wow, they sure have my attention now.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Boy are you stuck in the past :/ Uncool, mate. Uncool.

You used to accuse me of being a Sony fanboy, now I'm being called out for bashing Sony exclusives that I didn't like. Make your mind up.

TBF I think he's saying now that Insomniac is making a non PS exclusive game your turning on them for "betraying" Sony saying their games previous games "sux"

I think that's the argument he was making. Not certain.

~~Hasan~~

ok i am going to be honest. the game informer video made me not like the game at all. however, after watching this trailer. I am excited again. this game is back to my purchase list. I love the environment in the game and the "amps" they talked about " is that the correct spelling ? "

Well, where have you been all of this time? The backhanded butthurt is always strong in X1 threads with something neat but not that neat...certainly not neat enough to pay any money for, not like the all-powerful other system with all of its non-moneyhatted exclusives featuring actual soul running at 1080p/60fps and perfect image quality. It's tiring reading past the dumb posts made by people who claim not to be interested at all in the system and its games, until it drops Kinect and goes for $99 and then maybe, just maybe, it will be okay...but only for the couple decent games it has. And, remember, maker of X1-only game was never all that good, anyway. Console wars, they're lame.

Nail-Head. You hit it friend.

Also OT, about the respawn van, I'm guessing the areas that you respawn are random? I can't imagine how difficult it would be to program the "next gen respawn scenes" to not collide with any objects nearby considering that the game is filled with them and not just a barren landscape.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
This is looking more interesting and refreshing than anything I've seen on the next (current?) gen horizon. I'm glad someone is breaking the mold beyond graphical fidelity.

Dyno

It looks really fun! I wonder what it was like to strike a balance between fast traversal speed and satisfying shooting. The speed vs. accuracy balance must have been a hell of a thing to achieve. Perhaps most of the weapons will be wider, AOE weapons where accuracy isn't strictly necessary.

ib1yH9qPmnDkpl.png

Oh man lol

Ether.

TBF I think he's saying now that Insomniac is making a non PS exclusive game your turning on them for "betraying" Sony saying their games previous games "sux"

Not "turning" on them. I've never liked Insomniac games. At least past Tools Of Destruction.

Was trying to help people from over-anticipating. Which is what I think is going to happen here.

But you know what people are like when they pick sides. Everything is an "attack".

border

You forgot to mention that even though this Xbox One game looks really good, nobody is going to pay $500 for it. Because everyone who buys a videogame console is purchasing it to play only one single game.

No problem, there's a lot of discussion so I can see where things would easily be lost.

The discussion being spread over 3 threads hasn't helped much. I think I might take a couple hours over the weekend and put all the comments from jstevenson together into one post.

it's playable offline, of course. you wouldn't get the updates or STV if you weren't connected (or the ability to go into the online MP mode)

Thanks for confirming. I'll be online, but it's always nice to have the option just in case I can't connect for whatever reason.

~~Hasan~~

the fact that MS isn't including this in their E3 conference as one of the games to show " thus I assume they released the trailer today, means MS has a really great showing next month"

I for one. very excited. and I am going to buy this game too. I just re watched the trailer. its damn colorful pure fun.

the fact that MS isn't including this in their E3 conference as one of the games to show " thus I assume they released the trailer today, means MS has a really great showing next month"

I for one. very excited. and I am going to buy this game too. I just re watched the trailer. its damn colorful pure fun.

Maybe they'll show off the multiplayer mode.

ymmv

Banned
You forgot to mention that even though this Xbox One game looks really good, nobody is going to pay $500 for it. Because everyone who buys a videogame console is purchasing it to play only one single game.

If you're a multi console owner/PC gamer, then yes, you'd buy a $500 console for just a handful of games since everything else would be played on other devices.

I am very impressed with how this trailer presents the game. I was rather unimpressed with the reveal, given what had happened to Overstrike, but the gameplay trailer has me very impressed. The comical humour emphasizing a light-hearted tone, the vibrant colours, the beautiful artstyle (or so I feel), the unique selection of weapons, and the rapid, yet breezy pace seem like very attractive qualities. I'm curious as to how it will control, the diversity present in the enemies' design, and the amount of replayability, but this trailer makes it seem very fun to me.

The game looks super fun ! Will definitely buy this bad boy on day one ! Been missing these kind of games... with too many brown shooters on the market, if feels good to see a game with color that looks like a videogame from the Dreamcast era... i'm exited !

The best thing is there have been so many wonderfully colorful games on Xbox One already, from Kinect Sports Rivals, Max and Powerstar Golf to Zoo Tycoon, Crimson Dragon and Garden Warfare, but this one takes the cake. Blue skies are alive and well.

shandy706

Yeah, I've noticed multiple people saying this, lol.

I have to admit that is a good thought. If they're willing to reveal this now...and not save it for the show. They must have some great stuff that had to be fit into the show.

Exciting, as this is more than E3 reveal worthy.

bidguy

Banned
Not "turning" on them. I've never liked Insomniac games. At least past Tools Of Destruction.

Was trying to help people from over-anticipating. Which is what I think is going to happen here.

But you know what people are like when they pick sides. Everything is an "attack".

this has to be a joke

The best thing is there have been so many wonderfully colorful games on Xbox One already, from Kinect Sports Rivals, Max and Powerstar Golf to Zoo Tycoon, Crimson Dragon and Garden Warfare, but this one takes the cake. Blue skies are alive and well.

Agreed. Most people aren't aware how beautiful all those games look (especially Kinect Sports).

this has to be a joke

By all means, get hyped up until you wet yourself. That's none of my business. People have every right to.

But i've reached a point where I think people go nuts too soon (This applies to any game, not just this). Been burned too many times. But that's just me I guess *Shrugs*

*Bookmarks the page for future reference*

WinFonda

graphically it's pretty standard fare, a long ways off from the cg trailer they showed. CG trailers need to stop, but at least Insomniac followed through with their art style and color palette this time.

gameplay wise and artistically it looks pretty solid so far, i don't really get all the infamous/crackdown/etc comparisons. It looks straight up like a R&C game to me. R&C for a slightly older, teenage demographic. the edgy humor i'll wait and see on, first blush it seems kinda obnoxious, and was ripped from memes and various GAF posts.

oh yeah, and this game is totally badass!

Top Bottom