• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Super Mario Galaxy Review Thread (1up - 9.5, EuroG - 10, GI - 9.75)

Amir0x

Banned
schuelma said:
They ended up editing the article to remove all references to a 10 score. :lol

oh jesus

skip you really make it easy for these conspiracy nuts don't you

maybe you LIKE it that way, you dirty boy!

Thomper

PLEASE STOP THE 'SO IT'S BETTER THAN' MEME. STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOOOOP IIIIIIT.

The review itself is great, the points made seem to be valid, and I'm pretty sure 99% of the people with a Wii on NeoGAF will buy the game anyway. Stop the bitching about scores.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Snah said:
WTF?

Honestly, I can't stand 1up.

Their reviews make NO SENSE.

Mario Galaxy's review had nothing but glowing praise. I didn't even read a SINGLE NEGATIVE COMPLAINT IN THE ENTIRE REVIEW.

HOW IS THE 9.5 JUSTIFIED? WHAT DID THEY TAKE OFF FOR?

I don't mind the score, but I mind the review + score, in which it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Same thing with GameSpot and their Ratchet review.

Maybe the game simply wasn't amazing enough for a 10?

skip

Amir0x said:
oh jesus

skip you really make it easy for these conspiracy nuts don't you

maybe you LIKE it that way, you dirty boy!

I had those references removed because I didn't see that article before it went up, and it was contradictory to our review stance that 10 isn't "perfect."

Duke Togo

5xj58w9.jpg

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

soco

so the -.5 was because you couldn't choose the mini-games/levels you wanted to play or because it was missing online including co-op?

Koshiro

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I've told you. The hate versus the Wii and Nintendo is reaching ridicolous levels. And the entire press community can go to the hell.
:lol :lol :lol

Oh and the 'So basically...' trend needs to stop now.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
skip said:
I had those references removed because I didn't see that article before it went up, and it was contradictory to our review stance that 10 isn't "perfect."

I thought Parish put in the article a disclaimer that a 10 wasn't perfect?

This thread will be a new low for GAF, and may be looked on for years as the very pinnicle (or nadir if you wish) of the review score thread epidemic unless some other site gives Mario an 8.5 or something.

Amir0x

Banned
skip said:

haaha i don't know if you realize that's actually somewhat worse that the original implication that you just like fucking with fans :p

Feep

Banned
This thread moves so fast, it might as well be some gimped chat room where you have to press F5 all the time.

traveler

Not Wario
speculawyer said:
If it was on the 360 and a shooter, it would have been a 10.0 along with Halo 3, Bioshock, and Orange Box. :D

Parish gave Halo 3 a 9. Clearly he would have scored it better had it been a colorful platformer for kids. Stupid bias against mature titles.

skip

schuelma said:
I thought Parish put in the article a disclaimer that a 10 wasn't perfect?

he did, but it was still sending a mixed message that I wasn't comfortable with.

immy

Banned
Tieno said:
He's good at starting memes.
His next one is probably "inject some nectar into this thread".

wario's going to have to be banned, his like the cool kid at school leading all the newbies astray

I'm just kidding don't eat me alive wario64 defense force

Tideas

Banned
brandonh83 said:
:lol dude I'm with you but to put everyone that does it on ignore would be eradicating 78% of the posters on GAF.

Then reading would just be a lot easier to the eye and psych :lol

Blackface

Banned
Read the review.

Parish writes some of the best reviews in the entire industry and doesn't give 10's away like nothing.

Don't look at what the COMPANY gave other games look at what the reviewer did.

NeoFAQ's confirmed.

Snah

Banned
EvaPlusMinus said:
Maybe the game simply wasn't amazing enough for a 10?

Well do you think they could have EXPRESSED that in the review itself?

Even some games that have received perfect 10s have had ample criticism within the text itself; yet, here we have Mario Galaxy that receives nothing but positive, glowing praise and it gets docked half a point for reasons unjustified.

Again - I don't care about the score, but the text combined with the score is just ridiculous.

Jirotrom

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
I've told you. The hate versus the Wii and Nintendo is reaching ridicolous levels. And the entire press community can go to the hell.
ummmm.... it was a great review.

skip

Amir0x said:
haaha i don't know if you realize that's actually somewhat worse that the original implication that you like fucking with fans :p

I just want the message/meaning of our scale to be clear, is all.

besada

Banned
A reviewer needs to say it's a perfect game, then give it an 8. Just to spice things up.

Maybe they docked it for not having online. That's a .5 amirite:lol

Amir0x

Banned
skip said:
I just want the message/meaning of our scale to be clear, is all.

No i understand, the review itself is pretty much all face melting greatness and fun so no complaints from me, just found the article preceding it a bit amusing in retrospect. Thanks for the clarification anyway, although it's the other horde you need to convince now :lol

From here on out, post all Super Mario Galaxy reviews in this thread

Top Bottom