• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

GrayFoxPL

RelentlessRolento said:
I like hearing native talk more than accented English, so that's probably why. Miguel has benefitted the most from this IMHO

I'm with you on the faces. T5 was the last game in Tekken to do a visual evlove... Everyone is wearing the same stuff since then

Oh yeah, don't get me started on the same stinking outfits. I really loved what they did in T4.
Lei Wulong's leather jacked, Hwo's army outfit rather then that retarded belt straps.

Were they so hated that Harada now is so fucking scared to change these decade old default outfits?

General sense of a fighter wearing the same shit over years is lost to me. And if it about recognition then why the hell does customization exist with all those shitty clown items?

Sayah

Tekken 5 had the best costumes in a Tekken ever.
Best Yoshi design
yosh-altoutfit.jpg

Best Xiayou design
11.jpg

Best Asuka design
AsukaRef.jpg

However, considering that the customization options were far more varied in Tekken 6, I don't think it really matters what the primary costumes for the characters are when you can change them to many other things anyway.

AAK

Aris vs JFJ Yoshi Mirror match is the most epic thing I've ever seen! Man Tekken 6 can be so Hype, really needs more of this kind of exposure.

Aris hosting a stream toruney and then winning it?

I call blasphemy.

Aris vs JFJ

Freaking hilarious, just right after Aris was complaning about yoshi being the worst character in the game bam 4 suicide victories ahahahahah

AAK said:
Oh yeah, and greatest costume ever is right here:

27_304.jpg
That Bryan outfit def is always my fave as well ;P

Still glad to see dubstep in ttt2 even if not everyone is a fan of it, it's good fight music

Aldo had a weird ass dream last night that I had Aris over to play T6 with and I beat him a few times... I knew it wad a dream once I started winning >_<

Sayah

RelentlessRolento said:
That Bryan outfit def is always my fave as well ;P

Still glad to see dubstep in ttt2 even if not everyone is a fan of it, it's good fight music

Aldo had a weird ass dream last night that I had Aris over to play T6 with and I beat him a few times... I knew it wad a dream once I started winning >_<
Wayang Kulit (basically the next electric fountain) has to be my favorite from Tag 2 followed by Arena remix.
The original Moonlit Wilderness, on the other hand, has to be the best track/theme to have graced the Tekken series.

Sayah

Sayah said:
Love all three of those as well. Stalking Wolves specifically. Now that we're listing the best tracks.........
Amnesia
Tekken 3 Law theme
Tekken 3 Nina theme
Dragon's Nest
And my second favorite stage from Tekken 5.....Secret Garden.

Love all those.

I realize T3 had alot of guitar rift samples, while 5 had distortion guitar. TTT was def more electronica crazyness of the 90s in a good way.

T5DR is still my fave soundtrack out of the series, but TTT2 might replace that.

Doomshine

Apologies if any of this is old, I haven't been keeping up so much with stuff on TZ...

Does Bryan's ws+2 launch on regular hit now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN13xYyXoGg&feature=player_detailpage#t=2774s

I guess it's not a completely useless move if that's true, especially since you can tag in your partner with Fisherman's Slam for a full combo.

I've been catching up on some of the changes to my characters as well and I'm extremely sad to learn that Wang's d+2 doesn't hit grounded anymore, that's a huge blow to his oki :(

Oh well, at least I also learned that he has a cool tag throw with Jinpachi off his d/f+3+4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qbmMbnztdQ

...and holy shit, it's a shame I don't play Lei, cause he has some awesome tag throws with Feng:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnDi_C7jBEk

Doomshine said:
Apologies if any of this is old, I haven't been keeping up so much with stuff on TZ...

Does Bryan's ws+2 launch on regular hit now?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN13xYyXoGg&feature=player_detailpage#t=2774s

I guess it's not a completely useless move if that's true, especially since you can tag in your partner with Fisherman's Slam for a full combo.

It looks like it was a CH ?

TZ doesn't have anything on this so maybe you just found something new. ;)

Anyways I just got back from playing T6 and after trying out ghost mode with Jin in some quick attempt to get some coin I found a unique intro. Was this always there?

My Jin got faced with a ghost miguel and he said something along the line of "I bear this hatred for you alone" or something followed by a frowny face and pointing.

Was there any others like this? o_O

Doomshine

^Yeah, that intro has always been there, I think it's "This hatred I bear is for you and you alone".

I never skip the intro when I face Jin players with Miguel :)

Regarding Bryan's ws+2... I noticed it hit normally later in the video and no launch, so it might just be on CH.

Yeah I just checked in T6 console the fisherman whatsitface launches if the opponent is a bit sideturned. Its not new. Although the fact that ws+2~f+2~5 makes your partner run in from the other side giving a normal combo is new.

^Yeah, that intro has always been there, I think it's "This hatred I bear is for you and you alone".

Can't believe it took me this long to realise that. >.> Damn though wasted potential when we could of gotten Inigo Montoya. :p

Sayah

Learn something new about this game every day. Didn't know Xiaoyu's wand could do that. Had me laughing for some time. Future matches with her will be more fun.

Anyway, great games AAK. The lack of Nina poison mists due to your new keepaway playstyle upsets me but it's also a great opportunity for me to learn new techniques with her. Great combos with Hwoarang also. Really amazing how you've mastered all his different stances. I tried to use him before but the stances really just got in my way. If there's anyone I'm going to try to learn after I am finished with Xiaoyu, it's going to be Julia. I used to know all her combos but have forgotten everything after not playing with her for awhile.

AAK

Definitely great games!

My favorite professional Tekken player in history will probably always be MaddogJin. The ways in which he manipulated Hwoarang was always such a marvel to behold. I've been watching his Hwoarang vids since T4 (he dropped Hwoa for Bryan in T5) but upon the release of T6 and BR he further developed Hwoarang. His matches inspired me to put in hours upon hours into that character.

To give an example of the spectacle MDJ puts on when he's playing this game, this is the first link that came up when I searched for him on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boxbMFt7tZw

One day I will have a Hwoarang as smooth and elegant as that :D

But my oh my it is TOO frustrating eating Nina's uf+4~3,4 h,l,h string! I try to block low early to beat the lag so that it can read in time to block the low hit but I end up eating the first hit instead leading to the full damage! :(

Sayah

I actually used to main Hwoarang back in Tekken 3 and 4 but that was when I was far too young and didn't play that skillfully. X and Circle mashing worked rather well with him back then. XD
But after seeing that video you posted, I have this sudden urge to master him. I already tried once before in Tekken 6 and the juggles required shifting stances and it became easy for me to mess them up.

As far as Nina, I'm trying to mix up her low, mid, and high attacks. Although what I'm doing may seem repetitious, I'm trying to create confusion with her lows and highs and it works rather well. Gotta love her agility. In fact, I think she may be the most agile character in the game along with Xiaoyu. Took A LOOOOOT of time to master her but I think it paid off.

AAK

Yeah, it was a pain! I have no idea when it clicked. I put hours upon hours on that character and I could never grasp how to properly use his stances to optimize the situation. I always just ended up picking and dropping him. Just one day magically when I decided to use him randomly in practice mode everything clicked and I was magically aware of which stance to be in at what point. Execution is still a nightmare but it's oh SO rewarding!

But I agree as well with your Nina, the way you can cancel so many moves with her sidestep cancels that can be further transferred into her sway or qcf moves makes it a marvel to behold as well! Definitely your work payed off :)

lol things clicked for me with Tekken 3 once I realized you combo :p . I bought a strategy guide for the arcade version of Tekken 3 the same day I picked up Tekken 3. I was not in the money and paid for everything for myself with my money as a kid, so this meant alot. I read the hell out of that book (Versus books, i miss you!) and self educated myself like crazy...

I practiced against my mashing dad since he loved to play the hell out of the game with me at the time...

I decided to main Bryan due to his awesome Mach Punch... It all clicked once I learned to combo b+2,1,b+2,1,2 .... I then became addicted and obsessed with tekken... to this day ^_^

My long journey has lead me to be decent, but always dreaming to get awesome or tourney level.

My mains over time:

T3: Bryan
TTT: Bryan/Gun Jack
T4: Bryan
T5 Vanilla: Bryan
T5.2: Kazuya
T5:DR: Dragunov
T5:DRO: Dragunov
T6: Dragunov
TTT2: (Most Likely) Dragunov/Jack-6

Sayah

AAK said:
Yeah, it was a pain! I have no idea when it clicked. I put hours upon hours on that character and I could never grasp how to properly use his stances to optimize the situation. I always just ended up picking and dropping him. Just one day magically when I decided to use him randomly in practice mode everything clicked and I was magically aware of which stance to be in at what point. Execution is still a nightmare but it's oh SO rewarding!

But I agree as well with your Nina, the way you can cancel so many moves with her sidestep cancels that can be further transferred into her sway or qcf moves makes it a marvel to behold as well! Definitely your work payed off :)

Yeah, after you practice enough and put hard work in, it all eventually comes naturally. Although, with Nina, I slowly developed my skills with her. Just played a lot online and discovered new strategies and techniques.

Sayah

RelentlessRolento said:
lol things clicked for me with Tekken 3 once I realized you combo :p . I bought a strategy guide for the arcade version of Tekken 3 the same day I picked up Tekken 3. I was not in the money and paid for everything for myself with my money as a kid, so this meant alot. I read the hell out of that book (Versus books, i miss you!) and self educated myself like crazy...

I practiced against my mashing dad since he loved to play the hell out of the game with me at the time...

I decided to main Bryan due to his awesome Mach Punch... It all clicked once I learned to combo b+2,1,b+2,1,2 .... I then became addicted and obsessed with tekken... to this day ^_^

My long journey has lead me to be decent, but always dreaming to get awesome or tourney level.

My mains over time:

T3: Bryan
TTT: Bryan/Gun Jack
T4: Bryan
T5 Vanilla: Bryan
T5.2: Kazuya
T5:DR: Dragunov
T5:DRO: Dragunov
T6: Dragunov
TTT2: (Most Likely) Dragunov/Jack-6
In Tekken 3 and 4, I just mashed the few attacks I knew. My real skill started with Tekken 5. Dragunov is also a really good choice. I faced one Dragonuv that really impressed me. He can actually be very good with confusing opponents as well. I used to use Jack as well but haven't played with him recently.
As far as my mains:

T3: Hwoarang
TTT: Hwoarang and Nina
T4: Hwoarang
T5: Nina
T5DR: (never owned a PSP)
T5DRO: (never bought)
T6: Nina

AAK

Been playing Tekken since I was 5 years old. LOL, but only seriously studying juggles and combo's well after T4. But one thing is that I was ALWAYS a fan of flashy characters:

Tekken 1: Law
Tekken 2: Law
Tekken 3: Bryan/Heihachi
Tekken Tag Tournament: Armor King/King & Jin/Heihachi
Tekken 4: Lee/King
Tekken 5: Kazuya/King
Tekken 5DR: Jin (didn't play that much & only really dabbled w/ Jin)
Tekken 6BR: Armor King/Hwoarang

Once I found out that in the T5.0 days that button mapping onto L1,R1,R2,L2 was banned in tournaments (not anymore after SF4) I dropped King...but ever since I switched to stick I could legitimately carry on playing properly with the wrestlers. :)

Doomshine

I didn't start exploring the game system and combos until Tekken 5, but:

T1: Yoshimitsu
T2: Didn't play until much later
T3: Jin
T4: Skipped
T5: Feng
T5DRO: Dragunov
T6: I don't even know any more, I started learning so many characters, but it was Dragunov initially.

Sayah

Flying Wonkey said:
T2 - Devil and Jun
T3 - Jin
TTT - Jin and Bryan
T4- Never actually got around to playing it :{
T5 & DR - Devil Jin (Bah rehauls)
T6 - DVJ and Lei

Woo for strange patterns. Also I can't make threads on Neogaf so someone make one for this new Tekken prime edition already.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-tekken-3d/719207
..............3DS purchase confirmed. The recent price drop and the addition of the movie in 3D. All signs are pointing at me to get this. The only thing I would be concerned about is the d-pad on the 3DS. Anyone know how that plays out for fighters? Especially concerned about qcf attacks.

AAK

Law online is just the most broken nightmare in existence. He can just do delayed strings all day and get away with it.

To really experience a real Law match it has to be offline... unfortunately I have yet to experience one in my area. I'm hopefully going to make it to T12 this September if all goes well and I can get some true Law shenanigans!

But my oh my those LYUG episodes are amazing. Can't get enough of them.

LowParry

So going back to T5: DR, damn, is the camera zoomed back more which makes the characters look so small. Playing people online however...oiy. Nightmares. I neeeeed that TTT2 demo :( :(

Doomshine said:
I didn't start exploring the game system and combos until Tekken 5, but:

T1: Yoshimitsu
T2: Didn't play until much later
T3: Jin
T4: Skipped
T5: Feng
T5DRO: Dragunov
T6: I don't even know any more, I started learning so many characters, but it was Dragunov initially.

If ur on PS3 I'd love to play your Dragunov sometime and "compare notes"

CcrooK said:
So going back to T5: DR, damn, is the camera zoomed back more which makes the characters look so small. Playing people online however...oiy. Nightmares. I neeeeed that TTT2 demo :( :(

Yeah, that's the first thing I noticed when I turned it on recently... I like the bigger characters. I'm not sure though if they are a little bit smaller in T5DRO due to the upping of the rez or whatnot, but I do know that T6 pulled the camera in more, which is a huge plus IMHO

LowParry

RelentlessRolento said:
Yeah, that's the first thing I noticed when I turned it on recently... I like the bigger characters. I'm not sure though if they are a little bit smaller in T5DRO due to the upping of the rez or whatnot, but I do know that T6 pulled the camera in more, which is a huge plus IMHO

Another thing I noticed was their facial expressions. They seem more "in tune" then what I'm seeing in T6. Take Kaz for example. One of his intro's is where it ends in a smirk. It looks so cynical and evil in 5 while in 6, it looks dull. Maybe it's just the differences in engine types but in my opinion, the characters express themselves a lot better in 5.

CcrooK said:
Another thing I noticed was their facial expressions. They seem more "in tune" then what I'm seeing in T6. Take Kaz for example. One of his intro's is where it ends in a smirk. It looks so cynical and evil in 5 while in 6, it looks dull. Maybe it's just the differences in engine types but in my opinion, the characters express themselves a lot better in 5.

who knows... another note:

Tekken probably has the most smirks in any game/series

AAK

Hazama from Blazblue would like to have word with you... He probably smirks more than Aizen (assuming you follow Bleach). :p

hazama-stance.gif

Had to go through him smirking his way through everyone's storyline with him being the main villain.... He had a fantastic english VO though so it wasn't all that bad.

AAK

Ugh, I think I'm getting carried away with this hype thread I was thinking of, it's becoming a full on official thread of sorts. I was just right now typing up a description of Tag Crash and then I ended up doing a gif to explain it further like seen below:

jsoxar.gif

And then when I was explaining Netsu I ended up doing a gif of that as well :/

2iqlizo.gif

I lost track of what was just a basic necessity of hype threads and got carried away. Now I've put so much effort that I'm scared a mod would probably lock that thread assuming it's an official thread that's way too early in advance. Sigh, but I'll just continue working on it for now and then I'll see what to do with everything I've compiled later on.

AAK said:
Ugh, I think I'm getting carried away with this hype thread I was thinking of, it's becoming a full on official thread of sorts. I was just right now typing up a description of Tag Crash and then I ended up doing a gif to explain it further like seen below:

jsoxar.gif

And then when I was explaining Netsu I ended up doing a gif of that as well :/

2iqlizo.gif

I lost track of what was just a basic necessity of hype threads and got carried away. Now I've put so much effort that I'm scared a mod would probably lock that thread assuming it's an official thread that's way too early in advance. Sigh, but I'll just continue working on it for now and then I'll see what to do with everything I've compiled later on.

if anything say its for Prologue since that's getting an actual release... set it up as a hybrid thread then use it as a space to talk TTT2

Top Bottom